+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FILIPINOS Applying for FSW Page.

MARMAN_27

May 5, 2009
PLAN2012

SAAN PO KAYO NAG ENROLL NG IELTS?? ILANG LINGGO NYO NATAPOS??
NAKUKUHA BA ITO WITHIN A WEEK..? MAGKANO HO ANG FEE?
KAHIT SAAN BANG SCHOOL NA MERON IELTS OFFER PUWEDENG MAG ENROLL OR SA MGA ACCREDITED LANG
NG CANADA GOVERNMENT? COULD YOU PLEASE SHARE?

SALAMAT PO!

MARMAN

plan2012

Star Member
Jul 30, 2009
Hi Marman,

For the past 1 month now, I've been doing only some self-review just like many of us here... So there's no such thing as accreditation... It really depends on you... Besides, you can get so many online materials for FREE!

Though I did enroll online at www.scottsenglish.com for further test materials. A very helpful site! You can pay online using your credit card. You can check the website for your options.

I don't know how much free time you have. But for me, I've allotted at least 2 months as I can't do it full time because of my job.

I suggest you start going to the nearest British council so you can get your exam reservation in time.

Kaya mo din yan!

Hope that helps.

MARMAN_27

May 5, 2009
PLAN2012,
Thank you very much sa advise mo...Actually, I managed to inquire IELTS in Baguio City.....Sinabihan ako na puwedeng matapos ang full course within 2 weeks. Ang problema ko kasi wala akong time.... uuwi ako jan sa pinas for vacation , so at the same time maag-enroll na din.

So , hindi na kailangan ng accredited na school as you have mentioned....basta meron certificate accepted na ng Immigration Officer?

Share ko lang yong aking case, I received a letter yestrerday from CHC-Bufallo informing me that my file has been transfered to CHC-Seattle.
Sinabihan ako na hindi ako puwedeng mag inquire about my application wihtin the period of 90 days from the date of the letter.
Assume ko na baka kailangan ng IELTS within that 90 days period kaya ako nag-rurush na mag-enroll.

OFW ako sa Canada with valid visa up to July 2010 , then our company has temporary assigned me to Brazil for 6 months.

Thank you kabayan................ GOD BLESS PHILIPPINES! MAR

nz2ca

Star Member
Sep 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MARMAN_27 said:
PLAN2012,
Thank you very much sa advise mo...Actually, I managed to inquire IELTS in Baguio City.....Sinabihan ako na puwedeng matapos ang full course within 2 weeks. Ang problema ko kasi wala akong time.... uuwi ako jan sa pinas for vacation , so at the same time maag-enroll na din.

So , hindi na kailangan ng accredited na school as you have mentioned....basta meron certificate accepted na ng Immigration Officer?

Share ko lang yong aking case, I received a letter yestrerday from CHC-Bufallo informing me that my file has been transfered to CHC-Seattle.
Sinabihan ako na hindi ako puwedeng mag inquire about my application wihtin the period of 90 days from the date of the letter.
Assume ko na baka kailangan ng IELTS within that 90 days period kaya ako nag-rurush na mag-enroll.

OFW ako sa Canada with valid visa up to July 2010 , then our company has temporary assigned me to Brazil for 6 months.

Thank you kabayan................ GOD BLESS PHILIPPINES! MAR
hi marman, pwede ka rin mag self review, and pwede ka makakuha ng free materials sa internet. just like what plan2012 said, many of us here just did self review. i took my ielts without enrolling for the course. first thing i do is to apply for the test (pwede ka rin kumuha dyan sa canada hanapin mo na lang san nagbibigay ng exam na malapit sa yo). pagkatapos kapag may sched ka na give yourself at least an hour or two to practice. ang importante lang ay alam ang procedure ng pagsagot sa mga tanong.

ang pagkakaalam ko dec 5 naka set ang susunod na exam, so you have plenty of time to review and practice. in my case ng last 2 weeks lang bago mag exam ako nag review kase busy rin ako sa trabaho. kaya makaka review ka pa pag-uwi mo ng pilipinas :)

arexie

Mar 22, 2009
mom2karl said:
meldzgs,

yes. what i did was i sent a letter together with my full application. 2 sentences nga lang yung nasa letter, ang naka detail, yung changes or corrections ko. i indicated the form name & no., page and no. of the change, what i wrote on the initial application and the correction that i made in the revised application. parang table format within a letter. the changes in my application include my new cellphone no., email address, organizations, ielts: from NO (not taken) to YES (taken) and change in amount of POF.

sa full application package, i included a list of contents/documents para organized, including the no. of pages per document.

arexie,

sa Surrey,BC ako papunta. kelan alis mo? yes, pwedeng i-claim na lahat ng Pag-Ibig contributions. SSS di pwede. one of the grounds for claiming pag-ibig contributions kasi is 'Permanent Departure from the Country'. kelangan may immigrant visa na together with the 2 forms. the guidelines are here: http://www.pagibigfund.gov.ph/sp_provident.htm
@ Mom - Sa June 2010 pa alis ko. I can't just leave my job outright... THanks for sharing the link. Sayang din yung contributions ko kung di ko mapapakinabangan. :)

junie

Nov 1, 2009
I applied in May 2005, received an acknowledgement in July of the same year. I am from the Philippines so I expected a 4-year turnaround time. Last November 2008, I received a letter from the Canadian Embassy in Manila asking whether or not I am still interested to pursue my application; I replied immediately, of course, to say that I am still very much interested. I have not heard from them since then. I expected to receive something last May 2009 (my 4th year), but nothing todate. Any insights would be appreciated as I am nearly giving up.

arexie

Mar 22, 2009
Hi Junie - I think the embassy is still processing 2004 applicants. Yun kasi mga naging kasabay namin medical exams. Most likely next year, you will begin to hear from them.

Alpha Romeo

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/27/2009
AOR Received.
03/03/2009
File Transfer...
10/08/2009
Med's Request
07/13/11
Med's Done....
08/17/11
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
01/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
1/30/12
LANDED..........
03/17/2012
Hello to all,

Officially nasa Manila office na ang file ko, they transferred it on October 8, 2009. Originally my file was submitted in Buffalo office but due to my status here in US we have to request for transfer. Waiting time is 4 months. It's like blessing to me because I know Manila is much faster now than Buffalo. Gusto ko lang magtanong from seniors na when your ecas changed to received by visa office, how many weeks ninyo na received yung letter. I have a lawyer based in Quebec so I know there is addtional 2 weeks waiting time for them to receive the mail. Based on the experiences of those who already have their visa under the new rule, mga 4 months ang whole process upto the visa stamping. Well, excited lang ako, alam ko madami pa akong aayusin like my NBI, FBI and I never submitted personal worth statement since Buffalo ko nga pinadala yung full application. Congratulations sa lahat ng may visa na and goodluck to the rest of us whose still waiting for goodnews.

edithz

Nov 2, 2009
Hi i am new here in forum. Just want to ask po. I am a temporary foreign worker here in canada and almost 1 yr na rin po. And I am planning to apply for FSW. My question is anu po ilalagay dun sa (form IMMM 0008) Visa Office requested for process of my application? Need po ba file up yun? coz i read this previous topics na kailangan file up yun kundi ibabalik ang papers mo.. Hope you can answer my query.Thanks in advance..

isagada

Oct 31, 2009
Mga Kababayan,
Napakalaking tulong at informasyon itong forum para sa ating lahat lalo na sa mga baguhang tulad ko.
Just sent my application to NS on the 28th of Oct.2009.
Hoping for the very best.Gob bless!!!
"Mabuhay ang pinoy"

bonsai

Star Member
Oct 24, 2009
I have a question, I am here in USA right as an RN. Where do you think should I send my application to after approval?
1. Buffalo, USA
2. Manila, Philippines.

I heard Buffalo is really slow, so applying in your country of nationality might be a good idea? Parang 1 year lang sa Pilipinas.
what do you guys think? Thank you.

H

hdomesa

hello arexie,

Where in Canada are you planning to reside? Are you registered in Canda as a nurse already?

arexie

Mar 22, 2009
hi hdomesa,

I was already sending you a response thru your inbox... but it says that your inbox is full. Anyway, it took me 8 mos to process my visa. The earlier you submit your docs the shorter waiting time and if your single, it's faster that's just a guess though.... I will be moving to Toronto. My NOC is 4131.