+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FILIPINOS Applying for FSW Page.

jandi

Aug 17, 2009
Hi Viba,
Yes. My visa office is Manila. Let's hope and pray hard that we'll have positive update next week.

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
Power said:
Hello mga kabayan. My ecas status change to "In Process" lasy August 4, 2009. Now, i emailed CHC London and inquire about my case and they informed me that my Medical Request was forwardwed last August 20, 2009 but we did not received the letter.
Is it possible to have the Medical wothout the Medical request? Thank for all your replies...

[/quote
Hello Power,

We got our e cas status changed to in process on the same date Aug 4, 2009, and I am a London CHC applicant too. Sorry if you had shared this before but can you please share to me your timeline? If it is true that they had sent you the medical forms, then your case is the fastest of all the London applicants so far as per my monitoring. Do you have a job offer? What's your NOC? From where are you from?

mom2karl

Star Member
May 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009 April
Med's Request
2009 July
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2009 November
LANDED..........
2010 March
viba said:
to mmc;
yes, hopefully our status would change to "in-process" next week for i have learned that the time frame is about 4-5 months from the date CIO-NS transferred the file to your local embassy.
hindi naman 4-5 mos. from the date of your file transfer to local embassy from CIO ns. CIO transferred my file to manila embassy on may 5. manila embassy received my full application on july 1 and as per ecas, they 'started processing on july 14'. from there, they will seldom update ecas up to the time you receive your visa. it will change to 'in process' around the time that they have opened your full application.

Power

Star Member
Feb 4, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello mga kabayan, sorry sa late reply. Duty po.
My timeline is as follow;

Filed to CIO Sydney - January 2009
AOR Received - February 2009
Sumitted Full Application to London - May 2009
In Process - August 4, 2009
Medical Request - August 20, 2009 ( Please take note that up to this time, i do not have the Medical request form
I only found out this date when I emailed London CHC 3 days ago and replied that they already
forwarded it to my address. Still no mail so far. I contacted the DMP in Qatar and unfortunately
the DMP told me that they CANNOT do the medical without the forms which only issued by the
Visa Office.
By the way guys, I am a Nurse by profession and already got my eligibility.
Hope this helps.

CPA2CANADA

Jun 9, 2009
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jun 4, 2009
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2009
Med's Request
Sep 16, 2009
Med's Done....
Oct 1, 2009
Passport Req..
Oct 20, 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 15, 2009
LANDED..........
in July 8, 2010 (Toronto)
hi power....did you ask London to resubmit the forms to you? maybe it is still on its way to Qatar..

Power

Star Member
Feb 4, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I already requested. May be because of Ramadan, the working time is short this maybe the cause of the delay.

gillian

Sep 12, 2009
Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello po. newbie here.im from cebu. just recently my husband and i talked to one of the agents from go2canada or cic and she told me that i am qualified to apply since my job is listed on the 38 noc list as accommodation service manager code 0632 with a score of 71 which she put 16 pts under my language skills. im presently a guest services manager in one of the international hotels here for 1 year in that position and 3 years all in all in the same hotel. my husband checked the canadian website on the topic on how to apply and decided that it would be better if we apply on our own since may step by step na instructions dun and we can save P60t. after reading everything we decided that i will take the ielts exam before filing. ok ba ito na plan? another question din is yung proof of funds. kase three kami sa family and sa funds na we need is P740t in pesos. now the question is if mabigyan kami ng 120 days to comply pwede ba yung kulang ang funds namin?kase gusto ko mag retire yung husband ko sa job nya if may visa na kami kase malaki yung retirement pay nya around P800t and then also we will sell our two cars. kase if mag retire sya and we will sell our cars para lang mag comply sa proof of funds and what if hindi kami mabigyan nang visa. ma waste din yung tenure ng husband ko sa work nya. or pwede ba kaya sulatan namin yung embassy na ganito yung retirement ng husband ko and we have 2 cars na we can meet talaga the amount needed if mabigyan na kami ng visa. thanks in advance sa inputs nyo. hope you guys can enlighten me.

maybell

Star Member
Mar 9, 2009
hi gillian, i know your sentiments regarding go2canada agency. mahal nga sila and hindi pa money back guarantee unlike other consultancy firms. (I almost signed up with them) ..... I think you are making the right decision on just filing it on your own just make sure to read and re-read the website so cic.gc.ca so that everything will be clear to you and you can always ask for help thru the forums.... Personally, i suggest you take ielts before filing kase sometimes mabilis mag reply yung embassy and they just give you 120 days to comply. (ielts results are released 13 days after the exams.)... For the proof of funds, you dont need to sell your vehicles yet nor let your husband retire. You just need to submit assest valuation and those amounts are equivalent to showing proof of funds it can be your car, properties, bonds, time deposits, bank accounts etc.

These are just my thoughts correct me guys if i'm wrong.

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Gillian,

Welcome sa forum natin. I agree. I suggest you take the IELTS exams early para sure ka na of how many points you will have for english proficiency. I've noticed that the manila office have been speeding things up kaya you should make sure that you have all supporting documents ready by the time they request for them.

About the proof of funds, nagdidiffer kasi ang requirements ng POF depende sa visa office. Sa manila office, ang alam ko hindi ata inaaccept ang titulo ng lupa or bahay; hindi ko lang sure kung pati titulo ng kotse kasama. Baka din nagbago na ang rules nila so better check their website for visa-specific instructions about POF. I'll try to search for it and post it here sa forum.

The more liquid your POF is, the better. The problem is, they will ask you these before they issue you a visa; so it won't help to tell them that you will be ready with the funds only after you are granted the visa.

You can go ahead and apply even without the services of a consultant. I wish I had found these forums before I hired one myself. Mag sign up ka din sa pinoy to canada forum, madaming very helpful kababayans ang naandoon.

CPA2CANADA

Jun 9, 2009
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jun 4, 2009
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2009
Med's Request
Sep 16, 2009
Med's Done....
Oct 1, 2009
Passport Req..
Oct 20, 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 15, 2009
LANDED..........
in July 8, 2010 (Toronto)
to anyone who just filed their initial application to CIO...note that they are rejecting the whole application if you accidentally put Sydney Nova Scotia in the VISA OFFICE REQUESTED for the process of your application...(IMM 0008)

my friend just received her rejection letter after 60 days saying that

"You did nto indicate the visa office requested for the process of your application. Please note Sydney CIO is not a valid selection"

I am just blessed that my application proceeded when i submitted it last May though it contains "Sydney Nova Scotia" in the visa office requested tab..

i told my friend to resubmit everything again to CIO and just change that tab to "Manila, Philippines"

Thanks...

viba

Sep 10, 2009
hi mom2karl,

thanks for the enlightenment.
i'm patiently waiting for my medical instructions for now
hope to get it sooner than later...

gillian

Sep 12, 2009
Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi trinatocanada and cpa2canada.

Thanks sa inputs nyo. we have decided na i will take the ielts first and borrow the kulang na funds para mapakita sa bank certificate. i checked the visa specific requirements and pwede daw proof of ownership ng vehicles. sinabihan ko husband ko na pa transfer na sa pangalan nya yung mga kotse para ma present namin in the future. later nalng daw kapag may instruction na galing sa embassy. buy and sell kase sya ng mga kotse. so di nya kailangan transfer sa pangalan nya kundi sa buyer na if ever. so now mag enrol nalang muna ako ng tutorial sa ielts. thanks talaga sa inyo. next time again if may mga questions ako when we start to apply na. thanks again.

plan2012

Star Member
Jul 30, 2009
Hi Gillian,

You can do the application on your own. Trust me... I've hired them.

Just be very descriptive with your JD.

Good luck.

jheng

Sep 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi sa lahat., newbie here. i just recieved my first AOR last Friday after 2 months of waiting.
ask ko lang about proof of funds, pwede ba yung retirement package sa company where i currently work?
i can ask kasi from our HR ng computation upon retirement.
thanks!

MMC

Jul 4, 2009
Hi Viba and Jandi,
My status hasn't change yet to in process. I hope they are just delayed in updating our ecas, but medical request is on its way.

Viba and Jandi, if you're 45 days are up then you can make follow up by emailing them. In my case, I don't know when to start counting after they asked for additional documents lacking. I will just wait and trust that God is in control. : )