+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FILIPINO WITH SAUDI WORK EXPERIENCE - Procedures to be done???

blissful_soul

Oct 28, 2012
hi! im a filipino nurse who has 6years of work experience in saudi arabia and resigned last june 2012. as a requirement, Certificate of Employment is necessary, which is written in a specific format (position, inclusive date,annual salary,duties & responsibilities, etc). i however, cannot procure a copy of the said document because my past employer will no longer issue one since i was already given a Certificate of No Objection (NOC), a document equivalent to an experience certificate. Another thing is, as supporting documents, contract copies should also be presented as per cic rules. my contract in saudi arabia was renewable every year so it means to say that i have 6 contract copies altogether; copies are written in Arabic.
in regards to this, im lost as to what are the procedures or things that i have to do for my work experience to be accepted? i heard from others that i have to go to DFA manila to request something like police clearance? that i should get an affidavit from an attorney, etc. another question is should i include all (6) copies of my contract as supporting documents and have all of them translated into english or at least 2-3 copies are enough?
this matter makes me hesitant to proceed with my application. i choose to apply on my own rather than have it with an agency because of financial reasons ;) ... i really hope you could shed light on this issue. mga kababayan, help namn po please ;D THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

gwynemalazarte

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-May-2013
Doc's Request.
30-January-2013 (SSS, ITR, COE, Company ID)
AOR Received.
15-July-2013
IELTS Request
together with the application
File Transfer...
15-August-2013
Med's Request
25-February-2013
Med's Done....
5-June-2014 (Sputum)
Interview........
24-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
08-Aug-2014
LANDED..........
08-Oct-2014
blissful_soul said:
hi! im a filipino nurse who has 6years of work experience in saudi arabia and resigned last june 2012. as a requirement, Certificate of Employment is necessary, which is written in a specific format (position, inclusive date,annual salary,duties & responsibilities, etc). i however, cannot procure a copy of the said document because my past employer will no longer issue one since i was already given a Certificate of No Objection (NOC), a document equivalent to an experience certificate. Another thing is, as supporting documents, contract copies should also be presented as per cic rules. my contract in saudi arabia was renewable every year so it means to say that i have 6 contract copies altogether; copies are written in Arabic.
in regards to this, im lost as to what are the procedures or things that i have to do for my work experience to be accepted? i heard from others that i have to go to DFA manila to request something like police clearance? that i should get an affidavit from an attorney, etc. another question is should i include all (6) copies of my contract as supporting documents and have all of them translated into english or at least 2-3 copies are enough?
this matter makes me hesitant to proceed with my application. i choose to apply on my own rather than have it with an agency because of financial reasons ;) ... i really hope you could shed light on this issue. mga kababayan, help namn po please ;D THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

I blissful_soul,
I am also a Pinay but not a nurse. With regards to your certificate of employment, you may execute an affidavit stating that your certificate of employment is not in accordance to the format however, you have a certificate issued by the company/employer itself as evidence supporting you affidavit. You may also translate your contract to english and have it also a supporting document in you affidavit, same goes to your payslips and other documents you have on hand.

Gwyne

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blissful_soul said:
you could write a declaration yourself/sign it, write all your job description and the reason that specific format can not be obtained,
attached with it as many proof(s) as you can such as payslips/contract copies etc.
I have known people have done it, also you may find it here on this forum if you search for it.
I think it will not be a problem

Thx

blissful_soul

Oct 28, 2012
gwynemalazarte said:
I blissful_soul,
I am also a Pinay but not a nurse. With regards to your certificate of employment, you may execute an affidavit stating that your certificate of employment is not in accordance to the format however, you have a certificate issued by the company/employer itself as evidence supporting you affidavit. You may also translate your contract to english and have it also a supporting document in you affidavit, same goes to your payslips and other documents you have on hand.

Gwyne
thanks gwyne! ;) based on your reply, i assume iv got to have all copies of my contracts (6copies) translated in english. oh dear, it means another spending! ;D could it be possible to present at least 2-3 copies only among the 6? ;D

blissful_soul

Oct 28, 2012
ItsBeenLongNow said:
you could write a declaration yourself/sign it, write all your job description and the reason that specific format can not be obtained,
attached with it as many proof(s) as you can such as payslips/contract copies etc.
I have known people have done it, also you may find it here on this forum if you search for it.
I think it will not be a problem

Thx
thanks itsbeenlongnow :D

pickednotes

Star Member
Oct 26, 2011
blissful_soul said:
Hello kabayan! I can't help but notice your situation and I would like to give some advice regarding your intent to move to Canada. Because currently, I am PR in Canada going back to the Philippines and is going to attempt to apply to Saudi to practice my profession. Here are some questions that you can ask yourself before going here..

1) Do I still have time and money? These are simple yet important questions po. Can I devote a long period of time of at least 1-2 years of study to upgrade my nursing credentials? Canada will not recognize your experience wherever you may be. Hangga't maari, papabalikin ka nila sa school para maging "competent". And most the time, back to school ang gusto ng board of nursing dito. Whether be it a bridging course (1-2 years) or a full course. YES, people do encounter an assessment na pinapaulit sa kanila ang BUONG nursing course. I had some friends na pinaulit sa kanila ang nursing degree nila. So watch out for Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia. They do make some of their applicants go back to school. The cost? I've seen a university tuition fee ballpark assessment. It is around $36,000 per sem. May student loan naman pero malaki ang interest.

if your answer is YES, then go to Canada.

2) Am I willing to exhaust my body physically? And to lower and debase myself? I have been here pushing 5 months now. At lahat ng inappyan ko, even just for a care aide position, eh wala pang tawag ni isa. Knowing na registered care aide na ako dito with a registry number, may foodsafe, first aide and cpr 1 at TB clearance. Even some of the office clerk positions na inapplyan ko, no return calls. Kahit sa mga gasolinahan, 7/11, Mcdo wala rin. Kaisa isa
lang ang tumawag sa akin. Dishwasher at cleaner. So from a respected nurse, nagwawalis ako restaurant, labas at loob, nagdidilig ng halaman, naglilinis ng CR at inidoro, nag huhugas ng pinggan at errand boy ng resto. Nakakaiyak. Sometimes during work, nagla lock na lang ako sa CR, at dun na lang ako naluluha. Sabi ko, "Diyos ko, ano ba itong napasok ko?"

if your answer is YES, then go to Canada

3) Kaya ko ba i-hold a profession ko? To the extent na magchange ako ng career? Can I let this go? Another important question. Kung hindi po kayo second courser like myself who has invested a lot sa Nursing through blood and sweat, puede po kayo dito. Kasi po, expect yourself na i-hold mo ang iyong pag practice as nurse. Marami kang pagdadaanan for sure. And sometimes, you will even have an idea na mag iba na lang ng career, because it happens in Canada. I know a lot of Pinoys here who were respected people back home, nurse, doctor, director ng agency ended up as taxi/cab drivers, factory workers at home care support (a decent name for a live-in caregiver lately ;) )

if your answer is YES you can, then Canada is definitely for you.

Di po ako nagiging bitter nor nagdi discourage sa inyo. I want all of us na maging successful dito, bakit naman hindi? Pero ang gusto ko lang ipahiwatig is BE PREPARED. Yun lang ang tip ko sa inyo. Canada is a land of opportunities and mag tyaga ka lang, darating ang ginhawa sa buhay mo. Pero it will demand a lot from you. Sacrifice talaga.

In your case ma'm/sir, be prepared before coming here. Mag research na po kayo regarding registration. Possible employment. Kung may kakilala kayong nasa mataas ng position dito at puede kayong matulungan, so much the better. Usong uso po dito ang backer, hindi lang po sa Pilipinas. And it's the BEST way for a newcomer to get a job na kahit ano. Tsaka hanggat maari, if naapprove ka na, wag ka po magreresign dyan sa current work mo. If possible to get a 3-6 month unpaid leave, take it po. Wag nyong bibitawan. You'll never know what's in store for you here. Ingat lang po.

I wish you all the best guys! GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

Pabalik na po ako ng Pilipinas this November. Try ko po muna ang ibang bansa wherein I could practice my profession with significantly lesser difficulty. Wala na po akong time and money, at hindi na po option sa akin ang magchange ng career. Nursing is all I have. :) Never ko pong iiwan ang pagiging nurse that is why I am leaving Canada.

Babalik na lang ako dito, once talagang hindi na ako pupuede sa ibang bansa. Mag care aide na lang ako dito, driver, or factory worker. I can sleep better at night then, knowing nagtry ako to pursue to practice nursing.

Goodluck to all Pinoys! :)

honney

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
pickednotes said:
Hello kabayan! I can't help but notice your situation and I would like to give some advice regarding your intent to move to Canada. Because currently, I am PR in Canada going back to the Philippines and is going to attempt to apply to Saudi to practice my profession. Here are some questions that you can ask yourself before going here..

1) Do I still have time and money? These are simple yet important questions po. Can I devote a long period of time of at least 1-2 years of study to upgrade my nursing credentials? Canada will not recognize your experience wherever you may be. Hangga't maari, papabalikin ka nila sa school para maging "competent". And most the time, back to school ang gusto ng board of nursing dito. Whether be it a bridging course (1-2 years) or a full course. YES, people do encounter an assessment na pinapaulit sa kanila ang BUONG nursing course. I had some friends na pinaulit sa kanila ang nursing degree nila. So watch out for Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia. They do make some of their applicants go back to school. The cost? I've seen a university tuition fee ballpark assessment. It is around $36,000 per sem. May student loan naman pero malaki ang interest.

2) Am I willing to exhaust my body physically? And to lower and debase myself? I have been here pushing 5 months now. At lahat ng inappyan ko, even just for a care aide position, eh wala pang tawag ni isa. Knowing na registered care aide na ako dito with a registry number, may foodsafe, first aide and cpr 1 at TB clearance. Even some of the office clerk positions na inapplyan ko, no return calls. Kahit sa mga gasolinahan, 7/11, Mcdo wala rin. Kaisa isa
lang ang tumawag sa akin. Dishwasher at cleaner. So from a respected nurse, nagwawalis ako restaurant, labas at loob, nagdidilig ng halaman, naglilinis ng CR at inidoro, nag huhugas ng pinggan at errand boy ng resto. Nakakaiyak. Sometimes during work, nagla lock na lang ako sa CR, at dun na lang ako naluluha. Sabi ko, "Diyos ko, ano ba itong napasok ko?"

3) Kaya ko ba i-hold a profession ko? To the extent na magchange ako ng career? Can I let this go? Another important question. Kung hindi po kayo second courser like myself who has invested a lot sa Nursing through blood and sweat, puede po kayo dito. Kasi po, expect yourself na i-hold mo ang iyong pag practice as nurse. Marami kang pagdadaanan for sure. And sometimes, you will even have an idea na mag iba na lang ng career, because it happens in Canada. I know a lot of Pinoys here who were respected people back home, nurse, doctor, director ng agency ended up as taxi/cab drivers, factory workers at home care support (a decent name for a live-in caregiver lately ;) )

Di po ako nagiging bitter nor nagdi discourage sa inyo. I want all of us na maging successful dito, bakit naman hindi? Pero ang gusto ko lang ipahiwatig is BE PREPARED. Yun lang ang tip ko sa inyo. Canada is a land of opportunities and mag tyaga ka lang, darating ang ginhawa sa buhay mo. Pero it will demand a lot from you. Sacrifice talaga.

In your case ma'm/sir, be prepared before coming here. Mag research na po kayo regarding registration. Possible employment. Kung may kakilala kayong nasa mataas ng position dito at puede kayong matulungan, so much the better. Usong uso po dito ang backer, hindi lang po sa Pilipinas. And it's the BEST way for a newcomer to get a job na kahit ano. Tsaka hanggat maari, if naapprove ka na, wag ka po magreresign dyan sa current work mo. If possible to get a 3-6 month unpaid leave, take it po. Wag nyong bibitawan. You'll never know what's in store for you here. Ingat lang po.

Pabalik na po ako ng Pilipinas this November. Try ko po muna ang ibang bansa wherein I could practice my profession with significantly lesser difficulty. Wala na po akong time and money, at hindi na po option sa akin ang magchange ng career. Nursing is all I have. :) Never ko pong iiwan ang pagiging nurse that is why I am leaving Canada.

Babalik na lang ako dito, once talagang hindi na ako pupuede sa ibang bansa. Mag care aide na lang ako dito, driver, or factory worker. I can sleep better at night then, knowing nagtry ako to pursue to practice nursing.

thanks for being very honest about your situation...i know a lot of people who migrated to Canada, and in the same situation as yours...

blissful_soul

Oct 28, 2012
pickednotes said:

Thank you for sharing your honest view...its something to ponder upon...good luck to whatever path u want to take...God bless you too... ;)

arabiana

Mar 13, 2013
Riyadh
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Riyadh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 24, 2013
Doc's Request.
March 26, 2013
AOR Received.
April 6, 2013
pickednotes said:

I'm just new in this forum.. and im also applying for TWP in canada.. thanks for sharing your views and experiences about your work in Canada. Mga bagay na isasaalang-alang namin sa paghahanda ng sarili papuntang canada..