+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filipino Nurses applying For CNO registration, OSCE preparation and IELTS waive

Mariet

Dec 20, 2013
CNO makes us hard time to get our license.

GOOD NEWS FROM CNO:
Information for applicants who have already passed the NCLEX-RN exam: On September 18, 2014, the Council of the College of Nurses of Ontario passed a motion to accept successful NCLEX-RN exam writes from the beginning of 1982 to the end of 2014. If you are a current RN applicant who applied to the College before that date, and you can show the College you successfully wrote the NCLEX-RN within that time frame, then you have met the examination requirement.

In my case I had passed my NCLEX 2010. I called the CNO and spoke with one lady, she told me to request a copy of my NCLEX-RN result with photo in California and my license from Michigan. (So I emailed them to request the documents). After 3 weeks, I followed up CNO if they received my documents, I spoke with another lady that she told that I can not get my license not unless I will go back for bridging to the University. I told her why she has another information, well in fact I had spoken to somebody that I only need to take the Jurisprudence exams. She told that the other lady that I have spoken to got a mis information. So for those who had passed the exams whether CRNE or NCLEX lets do a plan, lets try to protest. What do you think guys??????

Mariet

Dec 20, 2013

GOOD NEWS FROM CNO:
Information for applicants who have already passed the NCLEX-RN exam: On September 18, 2014, the Council of the College of Nurses of Ontario passed a motion to accept successful NCLEX-RN exam writes from the beginning of 1982 to the end of 2014. If you are a current RN applicant who applied to the College before that date, and you can show the College you successfully wrote the NCLEX-RN within that time frame, then you have met the examination requirement.

In my case I had passed my NCLEX 2010. I called the CNO and spoke with one lady, she told me to request a copy of my NCLEX-RN result with photo in California and my license from Michigan. (So I emailed them to request the documents). After 3 weeks, I followed up CNO if they received my documents, I spoke with another lady that she told that I can not get my license not unless I will go back for bridging to the University. I told her why she has another information, well in fact I had spoken to somebody that I only need to take the Jurisprudence exams. She told that the other lady that I have spoken to got a mis information. So for those who had passed the exams whether CRNE or NCLEX lets do a plan, lets try to protest. What do you think guys??????

theatan

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
hi narscathy, kumusta kana my dear? musta pag preprepare mo osce? nag enroll ka ba sa mga review center?

theatan

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
KatrinaMichelle said:
Hi. I'm an NCLEX-RN passer too. You need to pass the OSCE so you will not be obliged to take additional courses. If you have passed the NCLEX before, you need not take it anymore, whether or not you pass the OSCE. Failing the OSCE means you need to attend either a 20-month program from York Univ or a 2-3 year course from other universities. I'll be taking the IELTS this Nov. 1. I didn't know one can waive it, but I'm paid already, so I'm taking it anyway. Tell us about your experience with OSCE once you're through with it. Good luck and God bless!
Hi katrinamichelle,
long time no hear, kumusta ang IELTS natin? hehehe ano mga questions sau? :)

theatan

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Mariet said:

GOOD NEWS FROM CNO:

hi mariet,
actually may point ka dyan.. napaisip din ako.. na what's the point of going back to school when in fact you already passed the exam right…And I TOTALLY agree on you , they are making the IENs a hard time to get into the field of Nursing in Canada..

KatrinaMichelle

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013 (LC1)
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2014
Med's Request
May 28, 2014
Med's Done....
June 5 and 9, 2014
Interview........
August 7, 2014.. :)
Passport Req..
July 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 20, 2014 (received via DHL Sep 3,2014)
LANDED..........
Booked! :) Praise God!
theatan said:
Hi katrinamichelle,
long time no hear, kumusta ang IELTS natin? hehehe ano mga questions sau? :)
Just took it last Nov 1, results will be out after 13 calendar days. :)

Podidang

Nov 9, 2014
Hi Theatan, Joram14,Narscathy,Kat!

I'm also required to complete the CNO's jurisprudence examination as part of my application for registration with the college ( CRNE NCLEX & IEN-OSCe exam) :( :eek:.....I don't know wat to do, nakakabo-ang, any tips/suggestions girls ? Saan pwede magreview, please can I have ur emails and contact numbers..
Sana may magreply..

Thank u so much !

cim

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/07/2011
AOR Received.
03/10/2011
File Transfer...
2/11/2011
Please read and share!

http://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2014/11/11/immigrant_nurses_face_new_hurdles_with_ontarios_licensing_changes.html

eager_ruby

Star Member
Jan 29, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 7, 2010
Doc's Request.
Otober 9, 2010
AOR Received.
October 9, 2010/ 2nd AOR Feb. 9,2011
IELTS Request
with FD on Jan. 19, 2011
Med's Request
In-Process : March 5,2012/ MED Request: March 16, 2012,
Med's Done....
April 10, 2012, Receive by VO on April 17, 2012, ECAS showing Medicals received on May 6, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 27, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped: July 27, 2012/Passport back from CEM:August 2, 2012
LANDED..........
February 21, 2013
I am also an IEN who is struggling for my Ontario RPN registration. I have already passed the CPNRE last September 10, 2014 but still has to face the language requirement which until now is still outstanding.

I have also heard about CNO waiving the English requirement when an applicant can provide a letter that comes from a nurse manager attesting English usage in the facility where the nurse currently works. After thorough review of the CNO website, I came accross with "OTHER EVIDENCES OF ENGLISH REQUIREMENT"...wherein an applicant can submit additional education, diploma from a nursing or non-nursing program from a college or universities, etc...

Now, it gave me an inch hope. Maybe the college will accept my non-nursing diploma. I graduated from a Unit Clerk course here in Edmonton. I requested the school to submit a copy of my diploma, TOR, and a certificate. The college has received it already but still has to wait for their decision. When I called CNO, the lady has advised me to request the school to forward these documents to the college. She also advised me to request my nurse manager for a letter of which I told her I just started working and I heard her say minimum of 2 years of work experience for the college to waive the english requirement. I am praying that they will consider my non-nursing course diploma in place of an ielts or celban.

Why I am sharing my story is for those who by chance had the same experience like mine. I will let you know whatever the decision when I get the decision from the college. Here wishing you all a success in all your endeavors!

theatan

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Hi guys, I just wanna share with you my views regarding the recent published article with regard to the problems IENS is facing in this country. I have posted this in other group sites as well. Please kindly read it and share your views as well. Actually we are planning some plans to speak to the CNO ADMINISTRATION, it's your choice to support us. Thank you very much.

"To those who passed lucky you, to those who didn't, I share their sentiments -- even if I haven't taken my OSCE yet ("goodluck to me" is the term I guess). The sufferings of the IENs are more than what the article had exposed really. Government of Canada keeps on inviting migrants to come to their country and yet when they arrived here, the government won't let them join the work force of Canada. The people cannot practice their own profession as what they were when they left their country of origin. ALL SHOULD GO BACK TO ZERO and that is totally UNFAIR! What does it mean, this is one case scenario that is happening here in Ontario. They let the migrants suffer and and experience to go through the "hole of the needle" before they could join the canadian work force, before they could practice being a NURSE. Not to mention the time and the cost they have spent with these unfairly procedures.
"How did I say unfairly ? It's mainly because the evaluator is a person, and no matter how OBJECTIVE they may say the exam is, still the judgement in someway will be SUBJECTIVE! One example of these is my colleague who took the SEC, having 6 years of experience in nursing in her home country and with 87% score in her written exam yet she was required to go back to school for FOUR years??? Is that a fair judgement? So what happened to my colleague? A competent, smart and motivated individual who wanted to pursue her dreams in "CANADA" as a Nurse were shattered and out of track of whether she will still pursue her RN career or not. But with others who were lucky to take the SEC evaluation, some only required to go back to school for one year and with an accessible institutions and universities that you wouldn't have to wait in queue for YEARS! (Gracious!!) UNLIKE, totally different here in Ontario, there's no gauging as how many months/years you need to fill in the gaps, if you fail the OSCE, automatically you need to study for 2 to 3 years plus the years you have to be waiting for the either of the two (2) Universities that will accommodate you. And how will you be able to pass OSCE?? CNO just implemented such evaluation exam without any substantial support. Are they going to say attend the HFO session? For just 6 hours?? Would that be enough? (Aarggghhh) what's happening to the system of the CNO?? Please our voices be heard!" --theatan

theatan

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Podidang said:
Hi Theatan, Joram14,Narscathy,Kat!

I'm also required to complete the CNO's jurisprudence examination as part of my application for registration with the college ( CRNE NCLEX & IEN-OSCe exam) :( :eek:.....I don't know wat to do, nakakabo-ang, any tips/suggestions girls ? Saan pwede magreview, please can I have ur emails and contact numbers..
Sana may magreply..

Thank u so much !
Hi podidang you're right CNO is trying to reallly make it hard for us IENS. I am not applying to any review centre. Asked joram14 about everything. He passed the OSCE and I hope he Can help you..

theatan

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
eager_ruby said:
I am also an IEN who is struggling for my Ontario RPN registration. I have already passed the CPNRE last September 10, 2014 but still has to face the language requirement which until now is still outstanding.

I have also heard about CNO waiving the English requirement when an applicant can provide a letter that comes from a nurse manager attesting English usage in the facility where the nurse currently works. After thorough review of the CNO website, I came accross with "OTHER EVIDENCES OF ENGLISH REQUIREMENT"...wherein an applicant can submit additional education, diploma from a nursing or non-nursing program from a college or universities, etc...

Now, it gave me an inch hope. Maybe the college will accept my non-nursing diploma. I graduated from a Unit Clerk course here in Edmonton. I requested the school to submit a copy of my diploma, TOR, and a certificate. The college has received it already but still has to wait for their decision. When I called CNO, the lady has advised me to request the school to forward these documents to the college. She also advised me to request my nurse manager for a letter of which I told her I just started working and I heard her say minimum of 2 years of work experience for the college to waive the english requirement. I am praying that they will consider my non-nursing course diploma in place of an ielts or celban.

Why I am sharing my story is for those who by chance had the same experience like mine. I will let you know whatever the decision when I get the decision from the college. Here wishing you all a success in all your endeavors!
Thank you eager_ruby for sharing your story. Please continue to update us so that we can gain knowledge and ideas from your experiences. Thanks for your willingness to share and help the subscribers here.

theatan

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Hi Guys! Please go to this page and hit LIKE to support this our fellow RNs. thank you.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/RNs-to-Canada/1509086126027066

theatan

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
cim said:
Please read and share!

http://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2014/11/11/immigrant_nurses_face_new_hurdles_with_ontarios_licensing_changes.html
hi cim,
thank you for the latest information about the IENs. there are several complaints going on from the IENs like us in terms of the CNO's policy/evaluation process for the IENs. In fact it had been gone up to the knowledge of the office of fairness commissioner. Kindly check the link below:

http://www.fairnesscommissioner.ca/index_en.php?page=professions%2Fsummary_nurses_2014

thanks
theatan