+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filipino CPAs to Canada, What are your plans?

mjavelon

Oct 5, 2010
Makati
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys, good news for those who plan to take up CGA, mas mainit patong balita sa hot pandesal :p

Thank you all for your support.

CGA-International and the office of CGA-Canada is excited to announce our recent pilot initiative to certify PICPA members in becoming CGAs. This new initiative is recently established in cooperation with the office of the Canadian Immigration and Integrations Program and the Association of Canadian Community Colleges to assist new immigrants and persons intending immigration to Canada. In short, individuals will be able to work toward the CGA designation while still residing in the Philippines.

OUR HISTORY

The Certified General Accountants Association of Canada – CGA-Canada – was founded in Montreal in 1908 under the leadership of John Leslie, vice-president of the Canadian Pacific Railway. From the beginning, it’s objective was to encourage improvement in skills and job performance – a goal the Association holds to this day. The Program of Professional Studies began in 1910 as a series of courses to sharpen members’ skills. The program evolved over the next four decades and, in 1950, a standardized, nation-wide curriculum developed with the University of British Columbia was introduced. A century later, CGA is the fastest-growing accounting designation in Canada, representing CGAs and students in more than 80 countries around the globe.

CGA-CANADA TODAY

CGA-Canada is a self-regulating, professional association, representing 75,000 students and Certified General Accountants – CGAs. CGAs provide accounting and financial management expertise throughout Canada, as well as in Bermuda, the nations of the Caribbean, the People’s Republic of China, and Hong Kong SAR. They work throughout the world in industry, commerce, finance, government, public practice, and other areas. Their expertise is valued in the public sector, government, and the corporate world, by clients ranging from major corporations and industry to entrepreneurs.

As the national and international representative for the CGA designation, CGA-Canada contributes to national and international accounting standard setting through co-operative professional relationships with other accounting bodies, represents the interests of the public and CGAs, and serves as an advocate for accounting professional excellence. CGA-Canada also works on behalf of its members to raise issues of concern and to advance the public interest.

CERTIFICATION WHILE IN THE PHILIPPINES

As previously stated, our hope is to certify PICPA members as CGAs while they are still residing in the Philippines. Upon completion of our program, individuals will find it easier to integrate in Canada by possessing one of Canada’s most recognized, prestigious professional designations. As newcomers to Canada, they should be able to continue their professional career in the field of financial accounting.

CGA COURSES AND EXAMS

CGA-Canada was an early leader in providing online professional accounting education. The key to the current, widely accessible program is an online learning management system. Students with Internet access anywhere in the world can complete their studies using a system that integrates text material, study guides, video and audio tools, discussion forums, group case study and project work, web research, and e-mail.

The CGA Program is a competency-based professional education to ensure that every newly certified CGA is able to fully serve the needs of clients and employers, and to protect the public interest. In short, it prepares CGAs for positions of leadership, responsibility, and trust. CGA’s 130 competencies detail the knowledge, skills and professional values required of accountants and senior financial managers – in real working environments and to specified levels of proficiency. These far-reaching competencies are broadly categorized under:

Leadership

Professionalism

Professional knowledge

CGA-Canada’s comprehensive educational program utilizes a state-of-the-art online learning environment, accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Its integrated technology allows students to network with course directors, tutors, academic advisors and colleagues. The examination sittings are the only time an individual is actually required to attend an approved training location. The exam location details will be provided upon each enrolment.

As a PICPA member in good standing, the selected individuals will only be required to complete about courses to become certified as a CGA member. Each course lasts approximately 10 weeks in length followed by a 3 or 4 hours exam. All CGA courses will be offered through our online learning environment. Exam locations will be announced after each course enrolment. For other specifics, please visit our website at http://www.cga-canada.org/en-ca/International/Certification/Philippines/Pages/ca_edu_partners_philippines_index.aspx under the Minimum CGA Certification Requirements.

FEES & IMPORTANT DATE

An application fee of $150 Canadian dollar is required to assess your suitability for the CGA-Philippines Certification program. As this is program is still in the pilot stage, unselected individuals will not be for charged this fee. All course fees include cost of the course, textbooks, access to online modules and supports, and cost of the examinations. The total cost of the program is approximately C$7,000. For more detailed fees and schedule information, please visit our website at http://www.cga-canada.org/en-ca/International/Certification/Philippines/Pages/ca_edu_partners_philippines_index.aspx.

I hope the information was helpful. Please do let us know if you have further questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Raymond Yim, CGA
Manager, International Business Development
Certified General Accountants Association of Canada
100 - 4200 North Fraser Way
Burnaby, British Columbia V5J 5K7 Canada
Phone: (604) 605-5084 (direct) - FAX: (604) 689-5845
E-mail: ryim@cga-canada.org
Web-site: www.cga-canada.org

P Est-ce nécessaire d’imprimer ce message? Do you really need to print this email?

mjavelon

Oct 5, 2010
Makati
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
swerte un sa pinas kc 7K lang ang magastos all in all, samantalang ang pace levels dito 2K na per course may annual registration pa, on top of that, kumuha pa kami ng Business Law and Business Case audit 2!!!!, well good for all of us going forward 8)

Minimum CGA Certification Requirements for Philippine CPAs:

* 3 years of professional level experience completed, including at least two years of documented/verifiable accounting experience.
* CGA-Canada’s Canadian Personal and Corporate Taxation (TX1) course and exam.
* Two CGA-Canada Certification (PACE) Level electives or graduate (masters) level equivalents. CGA-Canada is currently offering Advanced Corporate Finance (FN2) and Advanced External Auditing (AU2) to candidates in the Philippines.
* CGA-Canada’s two Professional Applications and Competency Evaluation (PACE) capstone requirements:
o Issues in Professional Practice (PA1)
o Strategic Financial Management (PA2)

mimi0713

Feb 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
AOR Received.
11-03-2010
Med's Request
23-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-11-10
Mjavelon----great news, indeed!!! paano kng andito na? huhuhu.... san ka na ba ngayon?

mr. patrick---tnx! mas matanda lng tlga ako sa u, jejeje! go lng ng go!

mjavelon

Oct 5, 2010
Makati
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dito ako sa home of the hitmen, Calgary! hehe may intro pa, you? kaya nga, kc ang original assessment nila for us CPA's sa Philippines is take pa tayo ng Business Law, BC2, TX1, 2 pace levels and 2 PA's, seems dun sa new program, wla nang Business Law and BC2, kumukuha pa naman ako ngayon ng BC2 then tapos ko ung Law :( so it seems na useless pala, I'm sure they will adjust the assessment here rin, tapos pwede pala masteral in lieu of pace levels.....swerte tlga ang nasa pinas

mimi0713

Feb 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
AOR Received.
11-03-2010
Med's Request
23-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-11-10
mjavelon said:
dito ako sa home of the hitmen, Calgary! hehe may intro pa, you? kaya nga, kc ang original assessment nila for us CPA's sa Philippines is take pa tayo ng Business Law, BC2, TX1, 2 pace levels and 2 PA's, seems dun sa new program, wla nang Business Law and BC2, kumukuha pa naman ako ngayon ng BC2 then tapos ko ung Law :( so it seems na useless pala, I'm sure they will adjust the assessment here rin, tapos pwede pala masteral in lieu of pace levels.....swerte tlga ang nasa pinas
toronto ako...i will lodge my 2nd appeal for additional transfer credits on Monday. 7 lng kasi ang binigAY nila sa akin out of 14 na inaplayan ko. sa u? ilang credits binigay nila? pag ala silang binigay na dagdag sa akin, CA na lng tlga pursue ko..

mjavelon

Oct 5, 2010
Makati
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mimi diba ikaw man to from cotabato? dugaya na nako wa ka log in ngari oi, since ni biya ko from pinas.

7 pud na subjects akong kuhaon based atong sa gi sulti nako, yours? pila pa man kuno kuhaon? i think mu depende sad jud xa sa school na imong gi attend and kung how long naka nag grad, i think 10 yrs ilang leeway.

when ka naabot? ako kato last Nov.

mimi0713

Feb 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
AOR Received.
11-03-2010
Med's Request
23-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-11-10
mjavelon said:
mimi diba ikaw man to from cotabato? dugaya na nako wa ka log in ngari oi, since ni biya ko from pinas.

7 pud na subjects akong kuhaon based atong sa gi sulti nako, yours? pila pa man kuno kuhaon? i think mu depende sad jud xa sa school na imong gi attend and kung how long naka nag grad, i think 10 yrs ilang leeway.

when ka naabot? ako kato last Nov.
yup! jejeje! i forgot how many subjects i still have to take, its like, more than 10 :( :( sa auditing 10 years and MIS 5 years ang leeway nila. we have a forumer here my age ;D ;D ;D ;D (tiguwang na ba 34 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:) pero 13 subjects na exempt sa kanya. she included all here seminars and trainings certificates. that's what i'm doing now. hopefully, ok na. i arrive july 19..

mjavelon

Oct 5, 2010
Makati
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bag.o pa diay kay mo ngari, get ready for the winter :p pag biya nako pinas kay 30 C pag abot nako -30 so di ra kay lahi :p

yeps try asking saun pag pagamay kay lahi2x ilang assessment, sa ako na okayhan ko 7 subjs. to take, ingon sila mao na kuno na kina ubos for an international accountants kay ang ubang country mu kuha pag lain subjects, and looking at this new guidelines murag mas ma ubos pa jud kay wa na may law and bc2, naka work naka dira sis?

isarog

Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@mjavelon. Wow! Good news talaga ito! Thank you for the post. Dili nga lang makasabot ng bisaya. Gamay lang. ;D Yung mga natutunan ko lang pagnag-field work ako sa Visayas and Mindanao like Gihigugma and mingaw. Syempre di mawawala ang gwapa at lami! :p Sana makahabol pa ako sa program na ito.

@Mimi: Parang gusto rin tuloy mag-paassess sa CA. Parang nabuhayan ako ng dugo. (aside from the fact na duduguin na naman ako sa pagaaral) Musta dyan sa Toronto? how's job hunting? I will be landing on 10/1. I hope that job prospect there would still be good despite the recent news on our neightbor's rating downgrade.

Maayong buntag! ;D

mr.patrick

Jun 3, 2011
Hi again its me hahaha. gusto ko lang malaman kung panu kayo nakakuha ng PICPA good standing from the phils? tas ipapasend sa CA? or pwede ba yung dito sa PICPA vancouver? accepted ba ng CA yun? hope you can help me!

GoodLuck Sa ating magagaling na filipino accountant hahahahaha. :)

CPA2CANADA

Jun 9, 2009
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jun 4, 2009
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2009
Med's Request
Sep 16, 2009
Med's Done....
Oct 1, 2009
Passport Req..
Oct 20, 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 15, 2009
LANDED..........
in July 8, 2010 (Toronto)
http://www.cga-canada.org/en-ca/International/Certification/Philippines/Pages/ca_edu_partners_philippines_index.aspx#related

great news for all of you who are still in the Philippines....HOT NEWS nga ito.....

Godbless guys....

BZ Mom

Mar 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/10/2008
Nomination.....
06/01/2009
AOR Received.
19/08/2009
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28/12/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/03/2010
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2010
LANDED..........
27/11/2010
mjavelon said:
Hi! Saan ka sa Calgary? Ako sa NE, CPA din ako sa Philippines, pero matagal na.. heheh.. Not sure kung kakayanin ko pa magpa-CGA, busy kaayo (di ako bisaya, i just know a few words :))

ahgaerlan

Aug 11, 2011
My fellow CPA's,

Kindly give me an update an my immigration application.

I applied as skilled worker in 2006. I received a notice in Manila embassy that they will process my application in a period of 60 months from August 17, 2006. Exactly 60 months now and I have not received any information yet. I checked my application and still in-process.

One of my friends, though ahead of me by 3 months already received a notice of approval 2 months before reaching his 60 months.

Thanks

CPA2CANADA

Jun 9, 2009
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jun 4, 2009
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2009
Med's Request
Sep 16, 2009
Med's Done....
Oct 1, 2009
Passport Req..
Oct 20, 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 15, 2009
LANDED..........
in July 8, 2010 (Toronto)
hi mjavelon...BC2 rin pala ang kinukuha mo ngaun...pareho pala tau...deadline na ng Assignment 5 natin sa Aug 17 ah.....

ano course mo sa fall? ako MU1.....

mjavelon said:
swerte un sa pinas kc 7K lang ang magastos all in all, samantalang ang pace levels dito 2K na per course may annual registration pa, on top of that, kumuha pa kami ng Business Law and Business Case audit 2!!!!, well good for all of us going forward 8)

Minimum CGA Certification Requirements for Philippine CPAs:

* 3 years of professional level experience completed, including at least two years of documented/verifiable accounting experience.
* CGA-Canada's Canadian Personal and Corporate Taxation (TX1) course and exam.
* Two CGA-Canada Certification (PACE) Level electives or graduate (masters) level equivalents. CGA-Canada is currently offering Advanced Corporate Finance (FN2) and Advanced External Auditing (AU2) to candidates in the Philippines.
* CGA-Canada's two Professional Applications and Competency Evaluation (PACE) capstone requirements:
o Issues in Professional Practice (PA1)
o Strategic Financial Management (PA2)

mimi0713

Feb 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
AOR Received.
11-03-2010
Med's Request
23-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-11-10
isarog said:
@ mjavelon. Wow! Good news talaga ito! Thank you for the post. Dili nga lang makasabot ng bisaya. Gamay lang. ;D Yung mga natutunan ko lang pagnag-field work ako sa Visayas and Mindanao like Gihigugma and mingaw. Syempre di mawawala ang gwapa at lami! :p Sana makahabol pa ako sa program na ito.

@ Mimi: Parang gusto rin tuloy mag-paassess sa CA. Parang nabuhayan ako ng dugo. (aside from the fact na duduguin na naman ako sa pagaaral) Musta dyan sa Toronto? how's job hunting? I will be landing on 10/1. I hope that job prospect there would still be good despite the recent news on our neightbor's rating downgrade.

Maayong buntag! ;D
so far, wla p ako work ;D ;D ;D ;D meron sna opportunity. i was called in for an interview pero i had to give it up. opportunity cost, hehe. meron kasi program ang ontario govt na 7 week-long. i want to avail it but that means i have to be committed to it full time. libre na canadian business law doon, so maku- comply ko na credit hours required ng CA. hopefully next year SOA, then UFE...lubus-lubusin ko na pangangarap ko ;D ;D ;D ;D