+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filipino CPAs to Canada, What are your plans?

bsgarzon

Apr 14, 2011
anapie23 said:
Hi bsgarzon, did you apply for the cma international accounting designation scholarship, which will grant qualified applicants of 12,200$? im still undecided on what designation to pursue. still waiting from the CGA kung iggrant nla ung fast track saken. if not i may go for the cma. from alberta ka din ba? thanks.
Hi Anapie23 -
No, I didn't apply for that scholarship thing with CMA Alberta. I'm planning to settle in Ontario eh. Not sure if may equivalent na scholarship sa Ontario, pero parang mukhang wala. Good luck in your decision between CGA vs CMA.

Kiking

Star Member
Sep 2, 2010
Davao City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 1, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb. 1, 2010
File Transfer...
June 4, 2010
Med's Request
August 11, 2010
Med's Done....
Sept. 06, 2010 (transmitted to CEM Sept. 11)
Interview........
waived (Thanks be to God)
Passport Req..
Oct. 22, 2010; sent Nov. 2, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Valid until Sept. 6, 2011 (based on the letter); DM on April 19, 2011
LANDED..........
in Winnipeg, Manitoba (June, 2011)
Hello everyone. I hope everyone is doing well. Ask lang sana ako kung kailangan pa bang ipa red ribbon ang mga PRC credentials natin like the ID, Board certificate and board rating? Hingi ako ng advice please. Salamat. God bless us!

mimi0713

Feb 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
AOR Received.
11-03-2010
Med's Request
23-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-11-10
Kiking said:
Hello everyone. I hope everyone is doing well. Ask lang sana ako kung kailangan pa bang ipa red ribbon ang mga PRC credentials natin like the ID, Board certificate and board rating? Hingi ako ng advice please. Salamat. God bless us!
kiking, in my case I had it in red ribbon kasi i have extra copies, just to be sure i acknowledge nila na authentic ang dox ko. but my TOR is certified by the school registrar lng, not in red ribbon. PICPA cert has the dry seal of PICPA mandaluyong. ok naman sa kanila. btw, sa CGA Ontario ko pinadala, i dont know kng ok lng sa ibang province.

much better if u e-mail them so that u will be guided. reply naman din agad sila.

sad ako coz my appeal for additional 7 subject to be exempted was denied. maximum daw nila for transfer credits is 7 subjects lng. :( :( :( :( kaya tuloy i'm thinking of pursuing CA....kasi 1 subject na lng pag-aralan ko, yun lng, i have to find internship with an approved CA training office....kakayanin ko kaya :-[ :-[

Kiking

Star Member
Sep 2, 2010
Davao City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 1, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb. 1, 2010
File Transfer...
June 4, 2010
Med's Request
August 11, 2010
Med's Done....
Sept. 06, 2010 (transmitted to CEM Sept. 11)
Interview........
waived (Thanks be to God)
Passport Req..
Oct. 22, 2010; sent Nov. 2, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Valid until Sept. 6, 2011 (based on the letter); DM on April 19, 2011
LANDED..........
in Winnipeg, Manitoba (June, 2011)
mimi0713 said:
kiking, in my case I had it in red ribbon kasi i have extra copies, just to be sure i acknowledge nila na authentic ang dox ko. but my TOR is certified by the school registrar lng, not in red ribbon. PICPA cert has the dry seal of PICPA mandaluyong. ok naman sa kanila. btw, sa CGA Ontario ko pinadala, i dont know kng ok lng sa ibang province.

much better if u e-mail them so that u will be guided. reply naman din agad sila.

sad ako coz my appeal for additional 7 subject to be exempted was denied. maximum daw nila for transfer credits is 7 subjects lng. :( :( :( :( kaya tuloy i'm thinking of pursuing CA....kasi 1 subject na lng pag-aralan ko, yun lng, i have to find internship with an approved CA training office....kakayanin ko kaya :-[ :-[
thanks mimi for the response. kakayanin natin lahat ng pagdadaanan natin para ma acknowledged din tayo as professionals there. God bless!

isarog

Feb 23, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Mimi: I am shocked :eek: and at the same time sad :( when I found out that CGA Ontario denied your appeal. Sobra naman sila. Bakit yung iba, they allowed additional subject to be exempted, parehas lang naman ang board exams natin.

As for me, I have submitted my docs sa CGA Ontario and they have already debited my CC. Hoping and praying that their assessment would turn out well.

Thank you again guyz for all your inputs during my CGA assessment preparations. Tuesday na naman, sana maraming magDM. :D :D :D Lapit ka na Mimi :p ;D :p

mimi0713 said:

mimi0713

Feb 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2010
AOR Received.
11-03-2010
Med's Request
23-09-2010
Med's Done....
25-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-11-10
isarog said:
@ Mimi: I am shocked :eek: and at the same time sad :( when I found out that CGA Ontario denied your appeal. Sobra naman sila. Bakit yung iba, they allowed additional subject to be exempted, parehas lang naman ang board exams natin.

As for me, I have submitted my docs sa CGA Ontario and they have already debited my CC. Hoping and praying that their assessment would turn out well.

Thank you again guyz for all your inputs during my CGA assessment preparations. Tuesday na naman, sana maraming magDM. :D :D :D Lapit ka na Mimi :p ;D :p
kaya nga eh, pero I can still file for an appeal for the last time kasi maximum of 2 appeals daw. pero ayaw ko na. may nagshare ata d2 na nagfile ng 2nd time but discouraged by CGA kasi nga daw our curriculum is already outdated :D :D :D gusto lng nila aral tayo ulit so that we will be updated and it will be a lot easier for us to pass the qualifying exams :D come to think of it, they have a point :D

CA Ontario sent an e-mail to me requesting me for additional dox coz I requested for additional exemptions, yng SOA and CKE and some parts of the professional experience rqmts nila. kaya nagpadala na rin ako, no harm in trying at tska free naman, kaya go lng ng go :D :D :D

sana nga kasama ako sa mag DM ngayon. nagfile na ako ng indefinite leave d2 sa office, pagod na ko work..i want to start anew in Canada ASAP ;D ;D ;D

ikaw isarog? when do u plan to land?

bsgarzon

Apr 14, 2011
Exciting news about the merger of CA and CMA profession in Canada. Here's the e-mail I got.

=====================
May 24, 2011

Earlier today, the leaders of the Certified Management Accountants of Canada and the Chartered Accountants of Canada announced they have entered into discussions to explore the possibility of uniting the CMA and CA organizations through the creation of a new professional designation.

Given your expressed interest in pursuing a career in accounting, we know that you may have questions or concerns with respect to this announcement.

First and foremost, you should know that these discussions and any possible outcome from them will not have an impact on the nature or value of the existing CMA designation. If you have been planning to pursue the CMA, you should continue to do so with every confidence that upon completion you will have earned a leading and internationally respected accounting designation.

Registration deadlines for the Accelerated Program and Entrance Exams remain unchanged.

We want to ensure that you have all the information you need to understand the changes being considered. To this end, please visit CPACanada.ca for information about the future of the accounting profession in Canada.

If you have any questions or comments about how this impacts your registration for a CMA program please do not hesitate to contact the CMA info@cmaontario.org.

Certified Management Accountants of Ontario
25 York Street, Suite 1100, Toronto, Ontario, M5J 2V5
Phone: 416-977-7741| 1 800-387-2991 | Fax: 416-977-6079
Unsubscribe

xtc2011

Feb 26, 2011