NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-06-2014
Hello everyone,

This time I need some help from you guys.

Well here is the story: Recently I got a job offer from overseas. I have all my paperwork ready plus one way ticket. I also rented a PO box so I can get all my mail from Canada and forward it to my destination but there is one thing that crossed my mind lately - Taxes for 2014.

I'll be leaving Canada at the end of February and I would like to claim my taxes before I go so I won't have any problems with CRA when I'll get back in a year or so. My current employer said that they will provide T4 at the end of February/beginning of March so probably it will get to my mailbox in the middle of March and it will be too late to attach it to my tax return form. Beside that my former employer that I was working for bankrupt and shut down business in the middle of 2014 I'm not sure if I'll get T4 from him too.

My question is: Can I claim tax return for 2014 without T4's since I'll be abroad? or can I wait and claim taxes when I'll get back? When I was doing my taxes for 2013 I've worked for very short time at one place and they didn't provide me T4 so my accountant did everything based on my last paystub (didn't have to send T4 - they didn't request for it).

To be honest I don't want to go back and forth just to do some paperwork since flights are quite expensive approximately 1k one way (if you book in advance).

All help appreciated, thanks.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
T4 as the basic requirements.
but if not available then still u can file the tax based on your latest Paystub, but this is not recommended.

better to assign your job to any reliable tax accountant who will do the same and ur refund will be in your bank account.

although u r leaving but still if u have strong ties with the canda enough to show ur strong ties as resident still u have to pay taxes on ur foreign income.

nekeol

singh84a

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO shifted to CVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TeddyXYZ said:
Hello everyone,

This time I need some help from you guys.

Well here is the story: Recently I got a job offer from overseas. I have all my paperwork ready plus one way ticket. I also rented a PO box so I can get all my mail from Canada and forward it to my destination but there is one thing that crossed my mind lately - Taxes for 2014.

I'll be leaving Canada at the end of February and I would like to claim my taxes before I go so I won't have any problems with CRA when I'll get back in a year or so. My current employer said that they will provide T4 at the end of February/beginning of March so probably it will get to my mailbox in the middle of March and it will be too late to attach it to my tax return form. Beside that my former employer that I was working for bankrupt and shut down business in the middle of 2014 I'm not sure if I'll get T4 from him too.

My question is: Can I claim tax return for 2014 without T4's since I'll be abroad? or can I wait and claim taxes when I'll get back? When I was doing my taxes for 2013 I've worked for very short time at one place and they didn't provide me T4 so my accountant did everything based on my last paystub (didn't have to send T4 - they didn't request for it).

To be honest I don't want to go back and forth just to do some paperwork since flights are quite expensive approximately 1k one way (if you book in advance).

All help appreciated, thanks.

I was in a similar situation last year, What I did was got my T4 electronically from my company. Used it to file my taxes online thru hrblock website. and since I had CRA account setup already, they sent the return to my bank account linked.

Hope this helps!