+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File transfer to LA ..... pls share

andy

Star Member
Apr 16, 2006
Houston, Texas
Hi Guys,

Let's share our time line. It may help others. Thanks.
Here is my profile:
App Dec 04
AOR March 05
XFR to LA Jan 06
IA Feb 06
Med + FBI March 06
Wait for PPR...........

pop

May 1, 2006
andy said:
Hi Guys,

Let's share our time line. It may help others. Thanks.
Here is my profile:
App Dec 04
AOR March 05
XFR to LA Jan 06
IA Feb 06
Med + FBI March 06
Wait for PPR...........
A file transfer case: Medicals done in October, 2004. Just got a letter in April 2006 for updating info. Expect to be adjudicated this year. So count about 1.5 years(or less) for the clearance of the security check after the medicals.

andy

Star Member
Apr 16, 2006
Houston, Texas
hi pop,

Thanks for reply. Your file transfer to what office? and where did you apply? I am so sorry to hear your case, but I pray for you that start from this step your file is going to be smooth. I heard some people at the beginning process fast but after at the end is getting slow or vice versa. So pls don't be sad, you will get through it and never give up.
I have no idea how the do background check or security clearance and when they do, after or before IA? So are you sure that your case stuck because of these issues? Have you ever order CAIPS?
May be some senior members in this forum can explain what are the differences background check and security clearances, and when they those investigation?

cheeerssss

pop

May 1, 2006
Andy, I have never ordered the CAIPS. The case was filed with the Buffalo and transferred to the LA.

dacoru

Feb 24, 2006
Applied: March 15 2004
AOR: April 25 2004
File transfered from Buffalo to LA: Oct 2004
Interview: Feb 15 2006
Medicals: Feb 24 2006
Fingerprints: Feb 28 2006
Paspport Request: May 02 2006
Visa: Awaiting

andy

Star Member
Apr 16, 2006
Houston, Texas
pop, you better order your CAIPS file therefore you know exactly what your situation is. It takes 4 weeks but is still worth it.

dacoru, thanks for sharing :)
your visa just around the corner my friend.
What is your e-CAS status?
Did you send your passport to Buffalo or LA? How did you send it, by US mail or UPS, Fedex? Would it possible to get visa stamp in LA office by ourself?

dacoru

Feb 24, 2006
Andy:
My e-CAS shows "In process"
I sent my passport to LA. My file is there and they asked my send everything there.
I send my pasport by FEdex. I also Included a pre-paid FEdex envelope to return my passport.
I don't know if you can get your passport stamped in LA, but I am sure you can do it in Buffalo if your case is there.
Good luck guys.

andy

Star Member
Apr 16, 2006
Houston, Texas
Dacoru, in your e-CAS is not even says Medicals have been received?
I guess for LA office the don't put that comment, your e-CAS will change to decision made only after they give you visa.
Anyway it doesn't make any different, finally you get it. I am happy for you :)

andy

Star Member
Apr 16, 2006
Houston, Texas
Hi Jowsie, thanks for posting your timeline.
Hang in there.... your IA will come soon. I know some guys same timeline with you and transfer to LA already got it. Let us know when you get it :)

Jowsie Texan

May 16, 2006
Thanks

In another forum there are about 5 of us waiting .... all with similar or at least close to the same time line ...