+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File transfer from Buffalo to a satellite office (NYC, Seattle, LA, Detroit)

Vervain

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2010
File Transfer...
Sep 8, 2010 Detroit
Med's Done....
Apr 23, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 29, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 14, 2010
Got our passports and COPRs in the mail today. My packet arrived on Sept 28, the visas were issued on the 29th and it took almost two weeks for the mail to get it back to me lol Tomorrow my son and I head to the border to LAND!!!! :p :p :p

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
Vervain said:
Got our passports and COPRs in the mail today. My packet arrived on Sept 28, the visas were issued on the 29th and it took almost two weeks for the mail to get it back to me lol Tomorrow my son and I head to the border to LAND!!!! :p :p :p
Congratulations... Where are you landing? What city are you coming from and what city are you going to?

Vervain

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2010
File Transfer...
Sep 8, 2010 Detroit
Med's Done....
Apr 23, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 29, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 14, 2010
I'm landing in Windsor ON...but I've already been living here since Aug of 2007 after we got married. I used to live in MI outside Ann Arbor.

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
Vervain said:
I'm landing in Windsor ON...but I've already been living here since Aug of 2007 after we got married. I used to live in MI outside Ann Arbor.
I am super excited for you... I am heading back to MI on Friday to assist DH in getting our stuff packed up to move... he should land on the 23rd or so!

YAY MAY

silverbee

Star Member
May 22, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 15, 2010
File Transfer...
August 15, 2010
Passport Req..
November 9, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010
Is anyone else still waiting from the NYC Consulate?

Vervain

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 3, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 6, 2010
File Transfer...
Sep 8, 2010 Detroit
Med's Done....
Apr 23, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sep 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 29, 2010
LANDED..........
Oct 14, 2010
heatherusa said:
I am super excited for you... I am heading back to MI on Friday to assist DH in getting our stuff packed up to move... he should land on the 23rd or so!

YAY MAY
Hopefully I'll be landing tonight!! I need to see if a friend can take me as my driver's license JUST expired and hubby doesn't have a passport yet. I so want to get this done!!! Then tomorrow will be getting my Ontario driver's license and social insurance number and applying for the Child Tax Benefit...oh that extra income is going to be awesome!

K

kalew2010

silverbee said:
Is anyone else still waiting from the NYC Consulate?
We are still waiting. Haven't heard anything since the email about the transfer on 21 Sept. Hopefully something soon!! :)

K

kalew2010

PPR today!!! Thanks to all those satellite people for tips and encouragement :)

silverbee

Star Member
May 22, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 15, 2010
File Transfer...
August 15, 2010
Passport Req..
November 9, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010
That's amazing! How did they let you know?

I guess I'm the only one waiting from NYC now...

K

kalew2010

By regular mail....I wouldn't be surprised if you got it in the next day or so!

bonacker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Eastern Long Island, New York
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June, 2012
File Transfer...
August, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
Silverbee: NO, you definitely weren't the only person waiting for the NY office! If you've only been waiting since July, I wouldn't fret or worry yet. As of yesterday, the NY office had had my application since MARCH, and I hadn't heard a single word from them since MAY (that's no contact for a full five months) . . . .

But ...

Drumrolll . . . .

Today: Passport Request!!

Finally!!

Ten months after application, and five months after I last had any contact about my application.

Hallelujah!

Question: Does anyone know how long it's taken the NY office to turn around the passports, once they have them?

And: I still have a valid visitor's visa. Am I still allowed to "land" by going to the local CIC office, as described here?:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english//resources/manuals/bulletins/2008/ob076.asp

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
YAY Bonacker and everyone else!

Sorry I haven't been around... I waited about 5 weeks for my visa and had a lot of problems in the meantime... some major depression :(

I got my visa in the mail today. I sent it off over a month ago and the visa was stamped on the 28th. I'm not sure why they let it sit in the visa office for almost a month but it's here! They returned my personal photos as well.

I plan on landing tomorrow at Lewiston/Queenston. I'll update our chart once things settle down!

K

kalew2010

bonacker said:
Question: Does anyone know how long it's taken the NY office to turn around the passports, once they have them?
And: I still have a valid visitor's visa. Am I still allowed to "land" by going to the local CIC office, as described here?:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english//resources/manuals/bulletins/2008/ob076.asp
1. Congrats!!
2. I've heard it can take quite some time. Set up a FedEx account and put an additional self-addressed envelope in it and I think it takes about a week
3. Shouldn't be a problem. As far as I know the Visitor's Visa doesn't give you multiple entry so, essentially, once you leave Canada it is void and you would have to apply for a new one....but next time you come over you will LAND! :)

Congrats again!!!!!!

silverbee

Star Member
May 22, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 15, 2010
File Transfer...
August 15, 2010
Passport Req..
November 9, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010
bonacker said:
Silverbee: NO, you definitely weren't the only person waiting for the NY office! If you've only been waiting since July, I wouldn't fret or worry yet. As of yesterday, the NY office had had my application since MARCH, and I hadn't heard a single word from them since MAY (that's no contact for a full five months) . . . .

But ...

Drumrolll . . . .

Finally!!

Ten months after application, and five months after I last had any contact about my application.

Congrats! Did they lose your FBI cert? It looks like once they got a new one, it was fairly quick: two months at NYC. By that estimate I should have another month or so....

bonacker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Eastern Long Island, New York
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June, 2012
File Transfer...
August, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
Silverbee: Yes, someone -- post-Mississauga (because Mississauga sent me a letter telling me that my application was complete) misplaced my FBI certificate. And, yes, NY sent the PPR exactly two months after they received the new FBI certificate. That does seem a pretty typical turnaround, post-file completion at the NY office.

My NY-office-specific instructions for return of my passport to my current address IN CANADA (I'm here on a visitor's visa) say that they cannot and will not send things back via courier like Fedex to a Canadian address. They say there is only one exception: If you use a "prepaid courier envelope from a CORPORATE account." So I'm leery of trying to just set up my own personal account and using a Fedex envelope. Anyone? Anyone??

THANKS, Y'ALL!