Passport Req..
08-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2012
LANDED..........
Sep 2012
vermas said:
Dear friends,

NYVO is working at superfast speed. On receipt of PPR yesterday, I sent them a mail seeking permission to appear "In Person" to get my visa and have responded within 24 hours. Following is the reply:

Dear Sir, Madam,

Our office can process your immigrant visa and passports on the same day according to the following schedule:

Passports must be submitted for processing Monday through Friday (except Wednesdays and Holidays) between 8:00 and 10:30 a.m. and picked up the same day in the afternoon between 1:00 and 2:30 p.m.

You MUST confirm the date you intend to present yourself at our office so we may issue to you a letter allowing you to access the waiting room.

Thank you for your interest in Canada.
Nice. I am sending my PP through my friend. Our Passport says that we can authorize others.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Yes. Again, I suggest you send an e-mail to NYVO to let them know in advance.
ram84 said:
hi verma
can we give authority letter any one else
so he/she can pick visa on my behalf
plz do reply

svs

Jul 16, 2009
vermas said:
Yes. Again, I suggest you send an e-mail to NYVO to let them know in advance.
Friends,

Which courier service have you used to send the passport to NY office from toronto, canada.

Thanks,

gkhaira

Feb 28, 2011
svs said:
Friends,

Which courier service have you used to send the passport to NY office from toronto, canada.

Thanks,
You can use FedEx services, their head office is located in Mississauga (Derry Rd. & Bramalea Rd.). You might need to open account over the phone with them (no charge for opening account), please remember to print the address on way bill as VO may refuse to handwritten address.
ALso, I would recommend to send prepaid envelope to get the pp back, you will get the tracking # for shipment you are sending and for pre-paid envelope in which you will getting pp back. You can track the package coming back and make request to personally go and pick up your pp when it arrives back .

Hope it helps

Jan 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2010
File Transfer...
05-10-2011
Med's Request
01-11-2011
Med's Done....
12-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2012
LANDED..........
16-02-2012
anne55 said:
Hi 2018,

In the email that I received for my PPR, it was stated that it will take 30 days (more or less) before we can get the passport back from the date they received it.

NY office received my passport on Feb 6 (according to canada post tracking #) so I might get it back before end of this month or 1st week of March the most... I haven't send any return envelope so I would expect it thru regular mail.

I know it sucks to wait more specially we've if been waiting forever to reach this stage but at least now we are just one step behind the tunnel so just add up few more days of patience and the party will begin!!! :p :p :p

Hope we'll get our passport soon! :-*

Anne55
Hi Anne,

Thanks for your response. I know, you are absolutely right. But.. the thing is base on the people who got their PP back the average of stamping and returning it back is about 10 days even less. And I particularly requested them if they could expedite it even a few days due to a deadline at my school I needed to meet which was first week of Feb. As people can get their stamping done in 2 hours when visiting the NYVO in person, it should'n't be a long wait to mail PPs either!

I think they just enjoy keeping people waiting!

Have a good one!

svs

Jul 16, 2009
gkhaira said:
You can use FedEx services, their head office is located in Mississauga (Derry Rd. & Bramalea Rd.). You might need to open account over the phone with them (no charge for opening account), please remember to print the address on way bill as VO may refuse to handwritten address.
ALso, I would recommend to send prepaid envelope to get the pp back, you will get the tracking # for shipment you are sending and for pre-paid envelope in which you will getting pp back. You can track the package coming back and make request to personally go and pick up your pp when it arrives back .

Hope it helps

Thanks friend, can I keep all 4
photos in one envelope since I am the only applicant and no dependants.

emjay025

Star Member
Jan 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> Transferred to New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO - Mar 22, 2010; Full docs to Buffalo mid-Oct, 2010
AOR Received.
1st - June 24, 2010; 2nd - Jan 7, 2011
File Transfer...
Transferred to New York, Nov 16, 2011
Med's Request
Mar 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 14, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Apr 5, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 4, 2012
LANDED..........
May 12, 2012
All of this good news with PPRs and MRs gives me hope.

My CAIPS notes said my BFD for PPS was February 1, 2012. However, I have yet to receive any email or change of eCas status. It's almost two weeks since BFD.

Anyone have any idea if this delay is normal or if it's expected?

Do you think I should send an inquiry email to New York VO??

stillinCanada

Nov 28, 2011
Hi 2018,
I really don't think that NYVO enjoy keeping people waiting; they are pretty fast. Actually no VO does perhaps. They have a queue that they need to manage and there would be many others like you waiting for their PR

In my case I have received very prompt response from them for personal pick -up of passport. If you have valid reason and visa to enter to the states, you can also opt in in-person pick up. For mail in option, I would suggest to use some tracking services through Fedex/Canadapost so that you can track and get faster service.

I am not sure how deadline of a school might be impacted with passport stamping; I have also graduated from Queen's university; so just wondering how things are linked together??!!

2018 said:
Hi Anne,

Thanks for your response. I know, you are absolutely right. But.. the thing is base on the people who got their PP back the average of stamping and returning it back is about 10 days even less. And I particularly requested them if they could expedite it even a few days due to a deadline at my school I needed to meet which was first week of Feb. As people can get their stamping done in 2 hours when visiting the NYVO in person, it should'n't be a long wait to mail PPs either!

I think they just enjoy keeping people waiting!

Have a good one!

murthy909

Jul 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2009
Doc's Request.
15-10-2009
AOR Received.
15-02-2010
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
27-04-2010
Med's Request
12-09-2011
Med's Done....
29-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2012
Hi All,

I got passports in hand this noon @ 3:00 PM from NYVO ..Trust me it is wonderful feeling after long wait for 3 yrs.. came to a positive end.I traveled from INDIA to US for PR visa stamping.I sincerely thank to all of this forum members for sharing their experiences , timelines and suggestions.I hope everyone in this forum will get their PR visas and would meet you all in Canada.

Thanks

stillinCanada said:
Hi 2018,
I really don't think that NYVO enjoy keeping people waiting; they are pretty fast. Actually no VO does perhaps. They have a queue that they need to manage and there would be many others like you waiting for their PR

In my case I have received very prompt response from them for personal pick -up of passport. If you have valid reason and visa to enter to the states, you can also opt in in-person pick up. For mail in option, I would suggest to use some tracking services through Fedex/Canadapost so that you can track and get faster service.

I am not sure how deadline of a school might be impacted with passport stamping; I have also graduated from Queen's university; so just wondering how things are linked together??!!

gkhaira

Feb 28, 2011
svs said:
Thanks friend, can I keep all 4
photos in one envelope since I am the only applicant and no dependants.
What VO mention clearly in e-mail as important reminder is:

*** IMPORTANT REMINDER***

- On the back of one photo of each person (principal applicant and each family member), write the person's name, and enclose one photo of each person in an envelope.
- Enclose the rest of the photos of the principal applicant and family member in a separate envelope.

So, in your case write your name on back of one photo and put in separate envelope and rest 3 photos in separate envelope with out anything written on back.

Regards,

svs

Jul 16, 2009
gkhaira said:
What VO mention clearly in e-mail as important reminder is:

*** IMPORTANT REMINDER***

- On the back of one photo of each person (principal applicant and each family member), write the person's name, and enclose one photo of each person in an envelope.
- Enclose the rest of the photos of the principal applicant and family member in a separate envelope.

So, in your case write your name on back of one photo and put in separate envelope and rest 3 photos in separate envelope with out anything written on back.

Regards,
Thank you gkhaira

kici22

Feb 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest/Romania
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 dec. 2011
Doc's Request.
no
Nomination.....
28 dec. 2011
AOR Received.
13 Feb.2012
IELTS Request
no
Med's Request
22 march 2012
Med's Done....
23 march 2012
Passport Req..
27 june 2012
VISA ISSUED...
27 july 2012
LANDED..........
08 aug.2012
Eliza.W said:
I did not apply CAIPS yet. I may do it later.

It is very frustrating!! Many people got MR in 20 days after transferring, but we have been waiting for 3 months, no MR yet... The timeline shows our application should be finished in 23 month, but ours are more than two years already. What's going on there?!
Hi Eliza ,

you have any news ???
Your timeline its like mine !! My file was transfered to NY at 19 oct 2011,and i have no news!!

S

srivgeet

Dear forum members,

following is the update on my case - I received a letter from NYVO asking me to provide updated schedule A and additional family information form for my spouse and pay RPRF fee. I read qorax's post and learnt that only after paying RPRF fee they start working on BG/Security check. so just hoping for the best and keeping fingers crossed !

Thanks,
Sri
Trust all of us will get PR very soon !

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
23-02-2012 :)
Hi guys,

I have an update to share:

E-CAS: Decision Made with the following additional paragraph:

> Medical results have been received.

> A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

NY received my passport Feb 6 (based on canada post tracking #)....anxiously waiting for my passport back ;D ;D ;D

Good luck to all! :-*

Anne55

Eliza.W

Star Member
Jul 2, 2011
kici22 said:
Hi Eliza ,

you have any news ???
Your timeline its like mine !! My file was transfered to NY at 19 oct 2011,and i have no news!!
Hi, kici and everyone, a got my medical form today, a very late gift, but still happy. Good luck to all.

Don't be worried, kici22, i think u will hear from them soon, send email or enquiry if necessary!

Thank u for all support!