File transfer from Buffalo- New york visa office- share timeline

kurt0206

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
AB, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@svs and murthy

checked e-cas.. address still missing and no change in status..
keep you posted for updates next week

SCARBOROUGH

Dec 14, 2011
Talon said:
hi
i did my medical in advance this Thursday. i did it in one of the DMP in TO. his office is at Leslie and Sheppard.

talon
Talon

Thanks for your reply, now did you use the file # from buffalo or New York coz NY issued a new file #.
If you would be able to tell which to use.

cheers

SF2005

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Scarborough,
My section A form had a new number on it too, I spoke to my lawyer who sent a case-specific enquiry, apparently the VO had probably made a clerical error. Make sure you give your DMP a few previous documents that indicate your correct file number BXXXXXXXXX and have them include it when they send in your medical results. Your DMP will either cross out the wrong file number and indicate the correct one or enclose a letter explaining the two file numbers. My understanding is that once you are given a file number, it typically stays the same.

All the best,
SF2005

SCARBOROUGH

Dec 14, 2011
SF2005 said:
Scarborough,
My section A form had a new number on it too, I spoke to my lawyer who sent a case-specific enquiry, apparently the VO had probably made a clerical error. Make sure you give your DMP a few previous documents that indicate your correct file number BXXXXXXXXX and have them include it when they send in your medical results. Your DMP will either cross out the wrong file number and indicate the correct one or enclose a letter explaining the two file numbers. My understanding is that once you are given a file number, it typically stays the same.

All the best,
SF2005
SF2005

thanks dude, so I will give them the one I received from Buffalo.

Peace

Talon

Dec 22, 2010
tor...........
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo to Newyork
NOC Code......
xxxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2010
Doc's Request.
29-04-2010
AOR Received.
16-11-2010
IELTS Request
17-jan-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2011 to Newyork (recived email on 29-11-2011)
Med's Request
26-april-2012
Med's Done....
4-jan-2012 in advance
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-may-2012
VISA ISSUED...
22-may-2012
LANDED..........
30-may-2012
SCARBOROUGH said:
Talon

Thanks for your reply, now did you use the file # from buffalo or New York coz NY issued a new file #.
If you would be able to tell which to use.

cheers
hi
in my case both the file # are same. DMP also get your client ID # if you have one. i gave DMP the Acknowledgement letter from the NY embassy and my client ID #. i think that should be fine.

talon

SCARBOROUGH

Dec 14, 2011
Talon said:
hi
in my case both the file # are same. DMP also get your client ID # if you have one. i gave DMP the Acknowledgement letter from the NY embassy and my client ID #. i think that should be fine.

talon

Hey Talon

Thanks I am trying to do the medical in advance, I didn't receive the medicals yet from NY.

cheers

kurt0206

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
AB, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just checked ECAS and another line was added that says Medical Received.

In general it is still "IN PROCESS" and the address came back!

kurt0206

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
AB, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just received email asking for our passports! at last..

there are still issues that I asked them:
1. CIC asked for passport with at least 1 year validity. My family's passport will expire on Sep 2012. I never saw this coming.. I thought passport should be at least more that 6 mos.
2. applying visa stamp in person

In case item 1 is mandatory, I asked for extension on the 30 days grace period.

balu0427

Dec 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just received an email for PassPort requests... delighted :) Thank you Almighty!!!

email dated Jan 9th (today).

all the best everyone who are waiting...

balu0427

Dec 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kurt0206 said:

1. CIC asked for passport with at least 1 year validity. My family's passport will expire on Sep 2012. I never saw this coming.. I thought passport should be at least more that 6 mos.

hey Kurt..

i think u r in Canada... as i see u applied under FSW 3.
i have one question:

can we send our passports to NY via Canada Post... as Indian Passports are not supposed to send cross country...
how do we send our passports then... please advise

balu0427

Dec 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kurt0206 said:

congrats buddy!

All the best!

balu0427

Dec 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
balu0427 said:
I just received an email for PassPort requests... delighted :) Thank you Almighty!!!

email dated Jan 9th (today).

all the best everyone who are waiting...
also my ecas address disappeared some weeks back and it showed up again today with same InProcess status. but no update on medical results or anything... it has only inprocess date

SF2005

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Congratulations Kurt and Balu,
This is great news for you and everyone on the forum. Do you both mind sharing when Ottawa received your medicals please.

Thanks and congratulations again,
SF2005

balu0427

Dec 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SF2005 said:
Congratulations Kurt and Balu,
This is great news for you and everyone on the forum. Do you both mind sharing when Ottawa received your medicals please.

Thanks and congratulations again,
SF2005
Thanks buddy!

I am not sure when they received it. I did mine on Nov 10th. I called CIC customer service many times and couldnt able to get hold of them. they were quite busy and the automatic answering system just drops the call which is frustrating but on the other hand i thought they are more priority questions from people than mine!

kurt0206

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
AB, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@balu
I'm working in Canada but my company sent me to Madagascar on business.. not sure how Indian passport works.. I don't see any problem sending passports by Expresspost..

@SF
my family's medical were received end of Sept. 2011 while mine was end of Oct. 2011.. They asked for Madagascar police clearance so there was delay on PPR..