+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File transfer from Buffalo- New york visa office- share timeline

kurt0206

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
AB, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If NYVO accepts visa stamping in person, it will be faster since going back to Canada means you'll be doing the Permanent Residency entry..
I'll ask NYVO once I received the passport request..

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!

DestCan

Star Member
Aug 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
22-04-2010
AOR Received.
02-12-2010
IELTS Request
Provided. Band 8
File Transfer...
12-11-2011 to NY
Med's Request
14-12-2011
Med's Done....
02-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2012
LANDED..........
Sep 2012
Eliza.W said:
Thank you, larxace. I've no idea when I could get my MR. I think my attorney is on vacation now, I called many times but nobody answered. I use their address as they insisted. Sigh...

I wish you all the best for the rest!
Eliza,
Hi.

Has you address disappeared from your E-Cas yet? If not, then chances are your MR has still not been sent.
In this thread, I noticed that people got MR within 8-10 days from their address disappeared from E-Cas.

Cheers.

larxace

Star Member
May 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010 Sent to NS
Doc's Request.
02-03-2010
Nomination.....
18-04-2010 sent docs to Buffallo VO
AOR Received.
06-05-2010 Received New File # from Buffalo VO
IELTS Request
sent with the file
File Transfer...
April 2011 - status changed to "in process" File transferred to NY Oct 14, 2011
Med's Request
Received 22-12-11 MR letter dated 16-12-11
Med's Done....
28-12-11, further test 1-26-12, Med received by CIC Ottawa 2-18-12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Received 3-2-12 letter dated 2-21-12
VISA ISSUED...
3/15/12 (received on 3/28/12)
LANDED..........
April 2012
DestCan said:
Larxace,
I finally received MR letter. They have asked for Medical + RPRF only.

Thanks.
Hi Destcan, thank you for the update. Its the same with us Medical + RPRF only. I am just wondering if there are cases that after medical, they would still ask for further documents like police or bank statements...
I hope we get our PPR soon...
Thanks

Eliza.W

Star Member
Jul 2, 2011
DestCan said:
Eliza,
Hi.

Has you address disappeared from your E-Cas yet? If not, then chances are your MR has still not been sent.
In this thread, I noticed that people got MR within 8-10 days from their address disappeared from E-Cas.

Cheers.
Thank you for the concerns. They started to process my file on Dec 7th, and the e-case updated on Dec 13th. The address disappeared at the same time on that day. I cannot get in touch with my attorney, which is very annoying. Therefore, I've no idea whether they mail it out. I called their office everyday. I sent email as well.

They may close for the holiday. What a long holiday! I wish I could get MR as soon as possible. I will keep you guys updated!

Eliza.W

Star Member
Jul 2, 2011
SCARBOROUGH said:
FSW 2
Same thing here Eliza, I am planing to as the local MP office after the holidays to get a status report for me as I know they get the replies fast.

Its just been 3 months now since my file was transferred to NYC.

Cheers
Wish we both get MR soon! Let's get connected!!

trader01

Dec 28, 2011
Friends, I am in the same boat as well. The latest status is " Your application was reviewed and we started processing on November 23, 2011". Its been like this for more than a month. Mine is Buffalo, NY.

Please do update as this wait is really killing.

Thanks!

SCARBOROUGH

Dec 14, 2011
Eliza.W said:
Thank you for the concerns. They started to process my file on Dec 7th, and the e-case updated on Dec 13th. The address disappeared at the same time on that day. I cannot get in touch with my attorney, which is very annoying. Therefore, I've no idea whether they mail it out. I called their office everyday. I sent email as well.

They may close for the holiday. What a long holiday! I wish I could get MR as soon as possible. I will keep you guys updated!
My address is intact thou... lol more wait for me then.

:'(

Bienvenue au Canada NYVO

gupta.rk

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Vermas,

I got through some of the blogs that you are in India now and you have worked here in Canada on work visa and finally gone back to India.
If you receive the Medical here in Canada then how you are going to do it in India , I mean medical?

At the same time how will you submit your passport to NY Visa office.

Actually i need some suggestion on my specific situation. I am working in Canada but my work permit got expired. My company has applied for the work permit for me and my wife.
In the mean time, I got my medical request for our PR application. Me and my wife submitted our Medical from here itself.
After Medical, my wife left for India due some emergency situation. Now i am hoping to get the Passport request from visa office. I can submit my passport from here but how to submit my wife's passport from india as she can't courier it from india to here.

If you can help me to suggest something here , that would be really great.
Thanks a lot

vermas said:
My attorney in Canada hasn't received MR for me as of yesterday.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all !!!!!!!

kurt0206

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
AB, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@gupta

I can relate to your situation. I'm working in Madagascar and my family is in Canada. My work permit will expire this end of January 2012. I'm going back to Canada before my permit expire.
If in case I receive the PPR today, I will ask for extenstion since I can't meet the 30 days grace period of submitting passport.

You are at present in "implied status" meaning your work permit expired and you can't leave Canada while your wife is in India right now and not possible to return to Canada.

If I'm in your shoes, wait for the work permit. Then your wife can go back to Canada. Once in Canada you can submit together your passport and do the permanent residency together.

Anyway, depending on the timing of work permit.. usually takes 4 mos. from processing of LMO to getting the passport stamped (Toronto).

gupta.rk

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Puttu09,

How did you manage to send your wife's passport from India.Soon , i am also going to the same situation.
I am in Canada and my wife is in India now. if i get the PPR from NY Visa office then how we need to submit the passport ?
Can you please suggest for the same as i can see the same situation after some time for me

Regards

puttu09 said:
I received PPR from NY VO office today :)

My wife is currently in India and the letter states I have to submit mine & spouse PP in 30 days. Since PP's cannot be sent my courier from India is there any other alternative.

Also does the NY VO entertain if I were to personally visit their office for the stamping with the passports.

gupta.rk

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Kurt,

Thanks for your suggestion.
I am in a stage where i may get the PPR next month. My work permit is taking too much time. It is almost 3 months now for my work permit (LMO) application.
My company attorney said that once i got the work permit then they are going to apply it form my wife in India for her visa.

It is a very complicated situation. If i get my PPR from NY visa office before my LMO then we need to submit our passports.
If there any way that could happen that NY Visa office will direct the Visa office in India to submitt the passport in India itself

kurt0206 said:
@ gupta

I can relate to your situation. I'm working in Madagascar and my family is in Canada. My work permit will expire this end of January 2012. I'm going back to Canada before my permit expire.
If in case I receive the PPR today, I will ask for extenstion since I can't meet the 30 days grace period of submitting passport.

You are at present in "implied status" meaning your work permit expired and you can't leave Canada while your wife is in India right now and not possible to return to Canada.

If I'm in your shoes, wait for the work permit. Then your wife can go back to Canada. Once in Canada you can submit together your passport and do the permanent residency together.

Anyway, depending on the timing of work permit.. usually takes 4 mos. from processing of LMO to getting the passport stamped (Toronto).

scb2012

Star Member
Nov 15, 2011
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Feb-10 (CIO)
AOR Received.
Nov-2010 (From Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-Nov-11 to NY
Med's Request
07-Mar-12
Med's Done....
16-Mar-12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Awaited
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully
LANDED..........
Hopefully Aug 12
Dear Friends,

I have got a strange query from Consulate. They have requested "Original sealed transcripts of degree".

Has anyone received such request. Any guidance/help is appreciated.

scb2012

DestCan

Star Member
Aug 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
22-04-2010
AOR Received.
02-12-2010
IELTS Request
Provided. Band 8
File Transfer...
12-11-2011 to NY
Med's Request
14-12-2011
Med's Done....
02-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2012
LANDED..........
Sep 2012
scb2012 said:
Dear Friends,

I have got a strange query from Consulate. They have requested "Original sealed transcripts of degree".

Has anyone received such request. Any guidance/help is appreciated.

scb2012
Get a transcript done from your college. Or, get them attested copies of Degree + Marksheet and provide in a sealed envelope.

advanta1

Aug 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
Doc's Request.
IELTS & PCC sent with the application
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
PER on 26.10.11
IELTS Request
sent with the documents
File Transfer...
23-11-2011TRACK SHEET : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgthpG06V9k3dGE0Mldod0ljWTZjR25HZkpydDZ3QXc&hl=fil#gid=0
Med's Request
1-02-2012
Med's Done....
18-02-2012 Passport received by CHC: Thursday, February 23, 2012 @ 1515 Hrs
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-02-2012 received by CHC on February 23
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 22, 2012
LANDED..........
11 June 2012 Winnipeg

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Hello,

My attorney will send scanned copy of MR on reciept with which I will go for my medicals in Delhi. Here is costs approx C$ 65. As and when I get request to submit my passport for visa, I will either send it (with an authorization letter) with a friend or relative travelling to USA or go myself as my US visa is still good for eight years.

Cheers and best wishes for the New Year!!!

gupta.rk said:
Hi Vermas,

I got through some of the blogs that you are in India now and you have worked here in Canada on work visa and finally gone back to India.
If you receive the Medical here in Canada then how you are going to do it in India , I mean medical?

At the same time how will you submit your passport to NY Visa office.

Actually i need some suggestion on my specific situation. I am working in Canada but my work permit got expired. My company has applied for the work permit for me and my wife.
In the mean time, I got my medical request for our PR application. Me and my wife submitted our Medical from here itself.
After Medical, my wife left for India due some emergency situation. Now i am hoping to get the Passport request from visa office. I can submit my passport from here but how to submit my wife's passport from india as she can't courier it from india to here.

If you can help me to suggest something here , that would be really great.
Thanks a lot