+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Few Questions regarding filling the forms

cuccoo0

Jan 31, 2009
Hello all
I have a couple of questions hopefully someone out of ya experts ll reply me on this
I am applying under FSW category 1 and my questions are
1) Shall i have to stick the fotos of myself and my family members to the form or shall i post the form to CIC without fotos?
2) Do we only need to provide POLICE clearance certificates for the places where we have lived for 6 CONSECUTIVE months or more?
3) If yes then the addresses where we have lived for duration less than 6 months should be included in the addresses where we lived?
4) Shall i have to send my IELTS results to CIC at this stage? As they say dont send any now but wait but on th eform where it asks have you taken any test
if you say yes then its written provide a copy
Shall this be a copy xerox
or original
Hopefully some one will help out
regards

dsenese

Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2009
AOR Received.
11-02-2009
File Transfer...
03-06-2009
Med's Request
04-03-2010
Med's Done....
20-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2010
LANDED..........
29-05-2010
My answers are based on my understanding of what's required to file for FSW1 with the Syndey office. I'm from the US, but don't think that matters at this stage.

Get the Instructions Manual - read it and read it. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp

1) Shall i have to stick the fotos of myself and my family members to the form or shall i post the form to CIC without fotos? Photos not required at this time.

2) Do we only need to provide POLICE clearance certificates for the places where we have lived for 6 CONSECUTIVE months or more? Police clearances not required at this time.

3) If yes then the addresses where we have lived for duration less than 6 months should be included in the addresses where we lived? You MUST include ALL addresses where you've lived since you were 18 years old. THERE CAN BE NO GAPS. Also, make sure these home addresses make sense given the answers to the work history question. Use additional paper a form if needed, BUT put the name of the form and your name on the top of each page. Attach additional sheets to the form to which they apply.

4) Shall i have to send my IELTS results to CIC at this stage? As they say dont send any now but wait but on the form where it asks have you taken any test if you say yes then its written provide a copy
Shall this be a copy xerox or original Sending more information won't hurt. Do you have multiple originals? Make sure you keep an original for now. If you have three originals, send one. One of the others may be required later and you want to keep one. If not, send a notarized copy. For example, even though I answered "No", since I'm a native English speaker. I did, however, include a statement to that effect and that all my education and employment has been in English.

This is my advice - good luck. Listen to others who may know more than me.

dsenese

Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2009
AOR Received.
11-02-2009
File Transfer...
03-06-2009
Med's Request
04-03-2010
Med's Done....
20-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2010
LANDED..........
29-05-2010
Another point

The instruction manual says to include postal codes for home addresses but the form does not. I did.

A

Albertagoverner

cuccoo0 said:
Hello all
I have a couple of questions hopefully someone out of ya experts ll reply me on this
I am applying under FSW category 1 and my questions are
1) Shall i have to stick the fotos of myself and my family members to the form or shall i post the form to CIC without fotos?
2) Do we only need to provide POLICE clearance certificates for the places where we have lived for 6 CONSECUTIVE months or more?
3) If yes then the addresses where we have lived for duration less than 6 months should be included in the addresses where we lived?
4) Shall i have to send my IELTS results to CIC at this stage? As they say dont send any now but wait but on th eform where it asks have you taken any test
if you say yes then its written provide a copy
Shall this be a copy xerox
or original
Hopefully some one will help out
regards
[/quote

]
Here are your all answers:

Answer 1: You have to stick your and your family members Photo graph (as per the size specs in form) on Forms to CIC. Never send without Photo, They need a reason to return your application packet!! And this will be a enough to return your file!! So send your file with photos. Family Members means your spouse (Husband or wife) and Children (if any). Family doesn't include mother, father, sister, Brother of principal applicant if he is Major (Major means over 18 years of age)! However there is a section called ADDITIONAL FAMILY MEMBERS DETAILS, that'swhere you should mention your Mother, father, Brother and sister.

Answer 2: Let's Consider illustration as here. Look below:

If you lived in US for 1 year and lived in UK for 8 month and Dubai, UAE for 2 years on different address

USA Stay
One address in Montvale, New Jersey (3 month)
One address in Miami, Florida (1 month)
One address in Chicago, Illinois (1 month)
one address in Dallas, Texas (7 month )

SO THERE WILL BE ONLY ONE POLICE CERTIFICATE FROM DALLAS, TX Police department NOT FROM ALL FOUR STATES, Because only Dallas stay is more than Six month!!

And same pattern is applicable to all other countries stay whether Dubai, UAE or United Kingdom. I hope now picture is crystal clear.

Answer 3: Exactly all addresses you need to mention whether six month or less because you are also mentioning dates of stay So CIC is aware that they will get Police certificates for the Stay over six month because that's what they are asking.

Answer 4: Simply say NO in form as you haven't appear in test. Also attach a plain paper sheet and write all these kind of situations in that letter. Becuase in order to qualify for 67 points you must have considered yourself Advanced level in all sections of english like Read, write, speak, Understand. Therefore attach the letter in professional way and explain language point in application form. like this (I assume that your case is at Buffalo consulate):

Consular Officer
Consulate General of Canada
3000 HSBS center
Buffalo, New York
Date................

Dear Consular Officer:

Please find some explanation regarding laguage proficiency tests.........then write whole story...

Sicerely yours,
Applicant

Don't send any test score untill they ask and also while you will register yourself for IELTS exam so Application form will ask you to provide the details of Institutions where test score will be mailed directly. As IELTS score is widely used by the British and Canadian Universities for International applicants. In that section you can provide consulate address and case no. so British Council will directly mail one original IELTS score sheet at Canadian Consulate where you your case is being process. Alternatively, you can request upto three Original copy of score sheet and then you can send one to consulate.

cuccoo0

Jan 31, 2009
Hi Guys
Thanks for your detailed reply dsenese. Really appreciated. But couple of concerns
1) before registering at this forum a couple of days ago i called a friend of mine and asked him to call CIC in canada and ask the same question i asked about residential addresses. Then i consulted the notes and found that (which may be important for some of you, if not it is for me) i.e.
As RUP said while replying to my request
Its not the 6 months or greater than 6 months period that matters what matters is

ONE SHOULD HAVE LIVED 6 OR MORE CONSECUTIVE MONTHS AT THAT PLACE FOR WHICH A POLICE CERTIFICATE SHALL BE ASKED

In my case i work one month in any country and one month at home though i lived for 3 years in USA but following the same schedule which means i never stayed more than 6 consecutive months. I was asking that question in this perspective.

May be relieving for some

Alright if someone wants to add something please share info
One more Question

** On the form where we have space for family members fotos shall one attach oneself's and family member fotos or shall this be left blank.

Regards

pencilcut

Jan 18, 2009
dear cucoo0,

the IM7000 say that you need to secure a police clearance for each country in which you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18. but you dont need to submit that with your application, you will be asked to submit your police certificates later in the process.

no pictures needed with your application.

regards,