+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Few Questions from PGP Application 2021

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi Everyone,

I got an invitation this year for submitting an application to sponsor my parents. While going through the application guide and forms, I came up with a few questions that I wanted to check with people here as I am trying to be cautious.

It will be really helpful if people can share their comments on these.

In Form 2- Financial Evaluation – IMM 5768
  • Q14. The employment history of Sponsor
    • It asks for Gross income for each year. Shall I take it from NOA or use the Annual gross salary? What if in a year I was on paternity leave, shall I reduce that much salary from that year?
    • What if I changed a couple of jobs in the same year? Shall I add the gross salary per month?
    • I changed 2 full-time jobs in 2020 and was also on fewer working hours and then became self-employed. What to do in this scenario?
In any case, I qualify for the minimum income requirement but want to make sure I put the right number in the box.

In Form 4 – General Application Form – IMM 0008
In Form 7- Additional family information – IMM 5406
  • Does my sister(above 18 yrs independent) who is not coming/not sponsored also needs to fill this form?
  • As both of my parents needs to fill this form, do they also need to provide my sister/their daughter’s information in their respective forms?
In General Application Form filled by the applicant(my parents) – IMM 0008
  • Proof of Marriage is asked. As they were married in 1983, they don’t have any marriage certificate. Will an affidavit attested by notary suffice?
  • My Grandparent's place of birth/country/date of birth is asked and also my Grandmother’s surname before marriage. My parents are not aware of this as my Grandparents were born before 1947 in current Pakistan. So no one in our home has that information and my grandparents are no more. What can be done here?
Supporting Documents to be submitted:
  • My (Sponsor’s) birth certificate has been asked to show the relationship with my parents. I don’t have the certificate as this was not necessary at that time in my City. Also, I didn’t submit it during my own PR/Express Entry process (2015), It wasn’t asked. What can be done here as an alternative?
  • I believe there is no need to submit my Parent's birth certificates as they don’t have them either.

Regards
Silvi

Last edited:
Reactions: MridulSharma

prisha55

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I got an invitation this year for submitting an application to sponsor my parents. While going through the application guide and forms, I came up with a few questions that I wanted to check with people here as I am trying to be cautious.

It will be really helpful if people can share their comments on these.

• Q14. The employment history of Sponsor
    • It asks for Gross income for each year. Shall I take it from NOA or use the Annual gross salary? What if in a year I was on paternity leave, shall I reduce that much salary from that year?
    • What if I changed a couple of jobs in the same year? Shall I add the gross salary per month?
    • I changed 2 full-time jobs in 2020 and was also on fewer working hours and then became self-employed. What to do in this scenario?
In any case, I qualify for the minimum income requirement but want to make sure I put the right number in the box.

• Does my sister(above 18 yrs independent) who is not coming/not sponsored also needs to fill this form?
  • As both of my parents needs to fill this form, do they also need to provide my sister/their daughter’s information in their respective forms?
In General Application Form filled by the applicant(my parents) – IMM 0008
  • Proof of Marriage is asked. As they were married in 1983, they don’t have any marriage certificate. Will an affidavit attested by notary suffice?
  • My Grandparent's place of birth/country/date of birth is asked and also my Grandmother’s surname before marriage. My parents are not aware of this as my Grandparents were born before 1947 in current Pakistan. So no one in our home has that information and my grandparents are no more. What can be done here?
Supporting Documents to be submitted:
  • My (Sponsor’s) birth certificate has been asked to show the relationship with my parents. I don’t have the certificate as this was not necessary at that time in my City. Also, I didn’t submit it during my own PR/Express Entry process (2015), It wasn’t asked. What can be done here as an alternative?
  • I believe there is no need to submit my Parent's birth certificates as they don’t have them either.

Regards
Silvi

I think line 150 income from NOA should be taken

2)

This form is about your parents father and mother not your spouse detail. If your sister is over 22 and not married and lives with your parents she is considered dependant and her information need to be filled. If she is not considered dependent her information is not required. Although guide says you must list detail of all family members. It falls under broader category as dependant. if she is not considered dependant her information is not required only your mother detail is required.

-If your sister is considered dependant she needs to fill the form.
below is the dependent classification as per guide
Dependent children

Your child or the child of your spouse or common-law partner can be considered a dependent child if that child meets the requirements below on the day we receive your complete application:
  • they’re under 22 years old
  • they don’t have a spouse or common-law partner
Children 22 years old or older qualify as dependants if they meet both of these requirements:
  • they have depended on their parents for financial support since before the age of 22
  • they are unable to financially support themselves because of a mental or physical condition

-Yes

Your parents marriage certificate is required I am not sure if Affidavit works. your parents birth certificate is not required.

Reactions: Silvi6

harjotsingh87

Nov 25, 2014
Hi,

My father got the invitation and I need help with below questions:

1) My father is in Canada right now on a visitor visa, is it ok submit an application while he is here as long as documentation is complete?
2) Both my father and I don't have a birth certificate but my passport has my father's name, can it be accepted to prove the relationship? If not, ate there any alternatives?
3) My father got biometric done 3 years back when he got the visa, does he need bio metric again?

Thanks in advance.

mrniceguy3981

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
25-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
11-07-2013
Med's Done....
12-07-2013 (RPRF/biodata request same day)
Passport Req..
15-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-2013
LANDED..........
28-08-2013
hi Silvi,

appreciate if you can help with the answers as I have similar questions as yo have

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
hi Silvi,

appreciate if you can help with the answers as I have similar questions as yo have
What questions you have? Answers are there in the next response.

I submitted my parent's marriage certificate. They got it done from the local office. Birth Certificate- affidavit was submitted.

mrniceguy3981

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
25-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
11-07-2013
Med's Done....
12-07-2013 (RPRF/biodata request same day)
Passport Req..
15-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-2013
LANDED..........
28-08-2013
What questions you have? Answers are there in the next response.

I submitted my parent's marriage certificate. They got it done from the local office. Birth Certificate- affidavit was submitted.

I got affidavit for my parent's marriage certificate. For birth certificate affidavit, please suggest where you got the affidavit and any format which you can help with

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I got affidavit for my parent's marriage certificate. For birth certificate affidavit, please suggest where you got the affidavit and any format which you can help with
affidavit is to declare that they dont have birth certificate and passport dob is correct.

certified by notary.