+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Female Spouse Sponsorship from Cairo, Egypt

AbdelRahman

Feb 23, 2014
Hi, I am a male permanent residence of Canada who got married last December, 2013 in back home Egypt. I have completed most of the papers required for the spousal sponsorship Process but I did not send it yet, I have a concern for the processing time, My application will be sent to Mississauga first then will be sent to Egypt to initiate the application process. According to the current processing time on the CIC website, It would take about 19 Months. I need to have my wife by max within 1 year from now, I am asking anyone who could know If I could apply for a Visa for my wife during the processing time of the permanent residence application?! Any recommendations for a faster processing or for this VISA, anyone with the same situation?! Please Help.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Yes, you can apply for a TRV. However, in hindsight, you should have had your wife apply for a TRV "before" you got married. It makes no difference now, her chances are slim to none to be approved (for your sake, hopefully others can contradict this with a real life experience). An application for PR is not the wisest thing put your own "one year max" limit on, you'll only increase your stress level and that of your marriage while waiting.

Bear in mind, those quoted times are what it "has" been taking, not necessarily what it "will" take for your application. For example, Manila was quoting 11 months (and then 12) when we applied, and yet many or most on our Manila spreadsheet (with exception of course) were getting their visas in 8 to 9 months (we had ours by 8 months). Just food for thought.

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
AbdelRahman said:
Hi, I am a male permanent residence of Canada who got married last December, 2013 in back home Egypt. I have completed most of the papers required for the spousal sponsorship Process but I did not send it yet, I have a concern for the processing time, My application will be sent to Mississauga first then will be sent to Egypt to initiate the application process. According to the current processing time on the CIC website, It would take about 19 Months. I need to have my wife by max within 1 year from now, I am asking anyone who could know If I could apply for a Visa for my wife during the processing time of the permanent residence application?! Any recommendations for a faster processing or for this VISA, anyone with the same situation?! Please Help.
Your wife can try applying for a tourist visa, but being married to you, there's a high likelihood that her tourist visa application will be refused, especially because she's not from a visa exempt country. She can try though.....I'm not saying it's impossible for her to get a tourist visa :)

For faster processing: there's nothing we can do, unfortunately. What you can do is prevent delays, and that's by making sure you send a complete application. Make sure that:

- you include all the documents they ask for.

- you send plenty of relationship proofs.

- you pay the required fees in advance. The right of landing fee can be paid at the end, but it's highly advised that you pay it at the beginning.

- you and your wife sign all documents that require signatures.

- you don't leave any fields blank. If a field has no answer, write "Not Applicable". Some of them require that you write "NONE" -- watch out for them.

Some of the above gotchas could cause your application to be returned to you, hence causing delay. So take your time to complete the application as thoroughly as possible.

Good luck!

AbdelRahman

Feb 23, 2014
Much Appreciated Thanks Fandv for your reply back, But I have another inquiry about sending plenty of relationship proofs. How could I proof that our relationship is genuine? I Have a lot of pictures for the wedding party and for our outings since years ago. I am using social media apps like Skype,viper.etc for the communication so I do not think that I would be able to get phone bills. Any Recommendations/Tips to better proof that my relationship is legitimate?

- I have some DHL receipts of receiving gifts from my wife.
-I have my airplane tickets for visiting back home.
- some letters between us.

Are those items would be enough?

AbdelRahman

Feb 23, 2014
Thank you so much Truesmile for your reply back, I wish it could take faster processing than it is posted on the CIC website, It will depend on a complete application package and the good luck too. Its nice to hear that some other folks got their application done before the time mentioned.

drbassem

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/6/2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
30/11/2013
AOR Received.
27/2/2014
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
1/6/2014
Med's Request
24/6/2014
Med's Done....
7/7/2014 Received on 25/7/2014
Passport Req..
26/8/2014 - Decision Made on 24/9/2014 Alhmdolelah
VISA ISSUED...
21-9-2014
Hi guys ,
I am PR in Canada past 7 months , doing some exams for my job Board that`s why I was dedicated in studying and do not work in Canada .
Recently , I got married from Egyptian girl . When , I filled application I found it asked me about my employment status and taxes to provide as mentioned in document checklist . I do not pay taxes and I never visited CRA .
Do you think being unemployed yet will affect her file in bad situation ?
And , because I do not pay taxes that would affect also ?

Notify that I have saving in my home country EGYPT not in CANADA . I will provide bank statement from EGYPTIAN BANK . IS that OK ?
Last question . Does she need to provide work experience or ILETS test ?

Thanks a lot , and I appreciate your help
:) ;)

M

mikeymyke

truesmile said:
Yes, you can apply for a TRV. However, in hindsight, you should have had your wife apply for a TRV "before" you got married. It makes no difference now, her chances are slim to none to be approved (for your sake, hopefully others can contradict this with a real life experience).ny or most on our Manila spreadsheet (with exception of course) were getting their visas in 8 to 9 months (we had ours by 8 months). Just food for thought.
fandv said:
Your wife can try applying for a tourist visa, but being married to you, there's a high likelihood that her tourist visa application will be refused, especially because she's not from a visa exempt country. She can try though.....I'm not saying it's impossible for her to get a tourist visa :)
My wife and I were married at the time of her TRV application, we were already 4 months into her PR application, she's from VIETNAM (a difficult country to get a visitor visa from, it's also one of the few countries requiring BIOMETRIC data from the applicant), yet she got the best possible result: a multiple entry visitor visa for the LIFE of her passport. When she landed, she also was allowed to stay the maximum 6 months.

As much as I respect these two gentlemen, I will have to disagree with them as to how hard it is to get a visitor visa when you're already married, it is difficult, but definitely not impossible. I will admit that part of it is due to luck and which particular officer is reviewing your file, but I feel a big part of it is how convincing your application is. The more positive things your wife has, such as travel history, employment, assets, family ties, etc, the stronger the chances of getting a tourist visa. Of course, there is also the chance that you could have an excellent application and still be refused, so don't be surprised if the TRV is refused, it's quite common.

Also, please remember that the website says it will take 19 months to fully process your file, but in reality, it will be likely under a year, if you and your wife have a straightforward PR application with minimal red flags. Look at my wife for example, her visa office was quoted as 30 months, but she got her PR visa in 6 months.

I hope after seeing my wife's fast processing time for PR from a notoriously difficult visa office (Singapore), and her ability to obtain a visitor visa despite being married to me, will make you more optimistic about your situation, AbdelRahman. (see my timeline and signature)