+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fees for Spousal Sponsorship

dana2

May 17, 2016
So, I am the sponsor and I have one kid under 19. The sponsored person is the spouse who also has three kids under 19 (who will not come to Canada).

What are fees to be paid?

Processing fees:

For sure this one: Sponsor 1 $75 $75
For sure this one: Principal applicant 1 $475

Right of Permanent Residence Fee:

For sure this one: Principal applicant (Spouse/common-law partner) 1 × $ 490 $ 490

Do I also have to pay the following processing fee?

Dependent child aged under 19, unmarried and not in a common-law relationship $150

for the spouse's kids under 19, even though the kids do not come to Canada?

Is there anything else that I have to pay, and I might have missed.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
I *think* you only need to pay the dependent fee if the child is accompanying the applicant and also landing as a PR. Since the children are considered non-accompanying, I believe they only need to be added to the application (or else they will never be eligible for future sponsorship by their parent) and possibly get the medicals done. i'm sure someone else with more dependent experience will confirm...

dana2

May 17, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
I *think* you only need to pay the dependent fee if the child is accompanying the applicant and also landing as a PR. Since the children are considered non-accompanying, I believe they only need to be added to the application (or else they will never be eligible for future sponsorship by their parent) and possibly get the medicals done. i'm sure someone else with more dependent experience will confirm...
Yep, but above, it is not mentioned "accompanying" or "non-accompanying" :)