+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

feeling bad

lynnard

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
Hi everybody!

I need some adice. I am a temporary foreign worker in Alberta. My work permit expires this November. My employer will not renew my contract for they have their own reason that they said they cant prove to HRDC that they still need me to work with them and to grant me an LMO because Im still on maternity leave and still capable of having it till July of 2010. Eventhough I told them that Im wiiling to cut my remaining leave and be back to work as long as Im still remain working here. Now I can resume to work after six weeks of gaving birth just to prove to them that Im willing to give up my remaining leave and apply me for an LMO. I feel bad because it's only me that they didnt renewed my contract because of my situation. Please give me some other options to be remain here in Canada. I am trying to apply to other employer but I cant find one. Can I apply for the extension of my stay in Canada?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

lynnard said:
Hi everybody!

I need some adice. I am a temporary foreign worker in Alberta. My work permit expires this November. My employer will not renew my contract for they have their own reason that they said they cant prove to HRDC that they still need me to work with them and to grant me an LMO because Im still on maternity leave and still capable of having it till July of 2010. Eventhough I told them that Im wiiling to cut my remaining leave and be back to work as long as Im still remain working here. Now I can resume to work after six weeks of gaving birth just to prove to them that Im willing to give up my remaining leave and apply me for an LMO. I feel bad because it's only me that they didnt renewed my contract because of my situation. Please give me some other options to be remain here in Canada. I am trying to apply to other employer but I cant find one. Can I apply for the extension of my stay in Canada?
Sorry to say, but without a new employer and new LMO you will have to go home. You can apply for an extension as a visitor if you wish, but it won't allow you to work.

PMM

natalia1

Jul 3, 2009
In my case my employer was willing to extend my permit but I was refused LMO twice due to the unemployment rate in Alberta/Canada. I had to apply for the visitor record. Meanwhile I applied for my PR.
What was your work experience? If it's 2 years or more you can apply under the CEC class the other option would be the Family sponsorship.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
natalia1 said:
In my case my employer was willing to extend my permit but I was refused LMO twice due to the unemployment rate in Alberta/Canada. I had to apply for the visitor record. Meanwhile I applied for my PR.
What was your work experience? If it's 2 years or more you can apply under the CEC class the other option would be the Family sponsorship.
The only way he can apply under CEC is if his work experience was in a Skill Level A, B or 0 type of job. C and D occupations (low skilled) are not eligible.