+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

federal Timelines share for QSW sydney applicants - file CPP-Ottawa

canadaPRPR

Mar 11, 2014
Hi guys,

i am planning to do my landing soon but i have a question:

On some forums i read that on the us side you have to go to their office so they can take fingerprints and a picture to give refusal letter and some say that they will give it right away and ask you to return to Canada.

Anyone that done the landing can explain to me which of these two scenarios i will face ?

catpea33

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Sept-Iles, QC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS and CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2013
Nomination.....
14-09-2012
AOR Received.
19-04-2013
Med's Request
24-04-2013
Med's Done....
29-05-2013
Interview........
RPRF paid 18 June 2013
Passport Req..
28-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2014
LANDED..........
24-06-2014
My COPR arrived today! HOORAY! Validity is until 27th August so I'm sticking with my original plans and landing at the end of June and then heading straight to Ottawa to celebrate my first Canada Day as a permanent resident. ;D :D

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
catpea33 said:
My COPR arrived today! HOORAY! Validity is until 27th August so I'm sticking with my original plans and landing at the end of June and then heading straight to Ottawa to celebrate my first Canada Day as a permanent resident. ;D :D
Congrats :)

Ornob

Oct 16, 2013
catpea33 said:
congratulation man!!!

harvie

Sep 27, 2012
BRAMPTON
LANDED..........
on 1 Nov 2013
catpea33 said:
congrats buddy :)

UMTerp

Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
None.
Nomination.....
Applied Sep 2011. Received CSQ Sep 2012
AOR Received.
15 Aug 2013 (E-case App Received Jun 2013)
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
20 Aug 2013
Med's Done....
23 Aug 2013
Interview........
RPRF Paid 22-02-2014
Passport Req..
Decision Made 21 Apr 2014/ Waiting PPR E-mail/instructions
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Can't wait!
catpea33 said:
Congrats!
Can you please elaborate on how you mail the passport to CPP-O? did you include a prepaid Xpresspost return envelope?

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UMTerp said:
Congrats!
Can you please elaborate on how you mail the passport to CPP-O? did you include a prepaid Xpresspost return envelope?
Did you get PPR?

xpert

Oct 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-11-2013
Med's Request
07-11-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2013
Passport Req..
28-05-2014
Congratulations!!! Happy Canada Day :) !

catpea33 said:

catpea33

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Sept-Iles, QC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS and CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2013
Nomination.....
14-09-2012
AOR Received.
19-04-2013
Med's Request
24-04-2013
Med's Done....
29-05-2013
Interview........
RPRF paid 18 June 2013
Passport Req..
28-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2014
LANDED..........
24-06-2014
UMTerp said:
Congrats!
I didn't have to post off my passport because I'm from a visa exempt country. I only had to email them a scanned copy of my ID page.

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
harvie said:
YOU NEED ONLY YOUR VALID PASSPORT,COPR AND YOUR CURRENT WORK PERMIT AND SOMETIMES CSQ. BUT IT IS ALWAYS BETTER YOU TAKE EVERY SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS LIKE BANK STATEMENTS,UTILITY BILLS,EMPLOYER LETTER ETC.
Thanks Harvie helpful as usual.

I landed today and i want to share my experience since it can be helpful for future permanent residents:

I went to saint-bernard de lacolle border and went straight to the usa borders (there is a U-turn before that can take you back to canada before reaching the usa but do not take it since the canadian officer will need a denial entry paper from the us side).
I told the american officer that i am here for landing, he asked for the car keys and told me to walk to the office. 2 min later an officer came and asked me basic questions (what am i doing here, how long have i been in canada), took a look at my papers and then gave me a deny entry to usa paper, he told me that this won't cause me any problem in the future since it's just an administrative rejection. I went back to my car and went back to canada, i told the officer i am here for landing he then gave me a yellow paper and asked me to park my car and go the immigration office.
In the office the agent took my copr, csq and wp and asked me to have a seat, few minutes later he called me and asked me to write on copr the answer to if i have commited any crime, i wrote no and then he asked me to sign the two copies of copr and write my address on a paper and then asked me to have a seat.
10 min later he called me and told me that i became a permanent resident and should receive my pr card in 6-8 weeks and asked me to go to the other section to finalize my landing.
I went there and the other officer asked me if i have any belongings in my origin country that i want to bring, i answered no, i signed two papers stating that i have nothing to import, and that's it he told me that i am a permanent resident now and can take my car and leave.

Finally this long process is done, thanks everybody for sharing your experience and helping, good luck :) :)

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
imm_leb_01 said:

I landed today and i want to share my experience since it can be helpful for future permanent residents:

I went to saint-bernard de lacolle border and went straight to the usa borders (there is a U-turn before that can take you back to canada before reaching the usa but do not take it since the canadian officer will need a denial entry paper from the us side).
I told the american officer that i am here for landing, he asked for the car keys and told me to walk to the office. 2 min later an officer came and asked me basic questions (what am i doing here, how long have i been in canada), took a look at my papers and then gave me a deny entry to usa paper, he told me that this won't cause me any problem in the future since it's just and administrative rejection. I went back to my car and went back to canada, i told the officer i am here for landing he then gave me a yellow paper and asked me to park my car and go the immigration office.
In the office the agent took my copr, csq and wp and asked me to have a seat, few minutes later he called me and asked me to write on copr the answer to if i have commited any crime, i wrote no and then he asked me to sign the two copies of copr and write my address on a paper and then asked me to have a seat.
10 min later he called me and told me that i became a permanent resident and should receive my pr card in 6-8 weeks and asked me to go to the other section to finalize my landing.
I went there and the other officer asked me if i have any belongings in my origin country that i want to bring, i answered no, i signed two papers stating that i have nothing to import, and that's it he told me that i am a permanent resident now and can take my car and leave.

Finally this long process is done, thanks everybody for sharing your experience and helping and good luck :) :)

Congrats!!! Thanks for sharing. I have learned a lot on this forum.

harvie

Sep 27, 2012
BRAMPTON
LANDED..........
on 1 Nov 2013
imm_leb_01 said:

I told the american officer that i am here for landing, he asked for the car keys and told me to walk to the office. 2 min later an officer came and asked me basic questions (what am i doing here, how long have i been in canada), took a look at my papers and then gave me a deny entry to usa paper, he told me that this won't cause me any problem in the future since it's just and administrative rejection. I went back to my car and went back to canada, i told the officer i am here for landing he then gave me a yellow paper and asked me to park my car and go the immigration office.

Finally this long process is done, thanks everybody for sharing your experience and helping and good luck :) :)
congrats buddy for official PR. happy for you

dior12

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long does it take to get an appointment to land at a CIC office (in montreal) on average?

ahmakki

Jan 10, 2013
Hi guys ,
i received GCMS notes today .
the only thing left in my application is the security check. it was requested 23/8/2013 and until now it's in progress .

anyone have more information about how it may takes ?

Ornob

Oct 16, 2013
ahmakki said:
Hi guys ,
i received GCMS notes today .
the only thing left in my application is the security check. it was requested 23/8/2013 and until now it's in progress .

anyone have more information about how it may takes ?
Dear ahmakki,

Are you an inland applicant???