federal Timelines share for QSW sydney applicants - file CPP-Ottawa

harvie

Sep 27, 2012
BRAMPTON
LANDED..........
on 1 Nov 2013
HLR said:
Hello harvie,
This is what I always see for the last 3 months.
''We received your application for permanent residence on March 7, 2013.''

They have not updated my status to MR. Any idea how long it takes for background/security clearance?
harvie, did you apply to NS and then to CPP-O or you submitted your file to Buffalo?
I send my application to NS . and then it is transferred to cpp-o. I dont know how they are working.

harvie

Sep 27, 2012
BRAMPTON
LANDED..........
on 1 Nov 2013
HLR said:
Hello harvie,
This is what I always see for the last 3 months.
''We received your application for permanent residence on March 7, 2013.''

They have not updated my status to MR. Any idea how long it takes for background/security clearance?
harvie, did you apply to NS and then to CPP-O or you submitted your file to Buffalo?
did you try to contact cio or cpp-o whether they received your medical .its more than 2 months. From where you receive your medical?

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
I sent them couple of emails but didn't get any answer. I also applied for GCMS notes but no response. It has been 38 days.

I got my medicals done in Montreal (sorry forgot the name of Dr. right now). :(

Do you think should I call CIC to get any information?

harvie

Sep 27, 2012
BRAMPTON
LANDED..........
on 1 Nov 2013
HLR said:
I sent them couple of emails but didn't get any answer. I also applied for GCMS notes but no response. It has been 38 days.

I got my medicals done in Montreal (sorry forgot the name of Dr. right now). :(

Do you think should I call CIC to get any information?
you can try.normally they say that they have no information about cpp-o applicants. where is your file now NS or CPP-O ?

skumar29

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-12
Med's Request
23-06-12
Med's Done....
26-06-12
Hey Guys,

I got an email from CIC a couple of days ago asking me to submit my personal history since April 2012 (the month I had submitted my federal application) and it also said that an officer in CPP-O would be reviewing my file soon. It's been more than 3 months since I got the request for the RPRF fees so hopefully things might have started moving..

harvie

Sep 27, 2012
BRAMPTON
LANDED..........
on 1 Nov 2013
skumar29 said:
Hey Guys,

I got an email from CIC a couple of days ago asking me to submit my personal history since April 2012 (the month I had submitted my federal application) and it also said that an officer in CPP-O would be reviewing my file soon. It's been more than 3 months since I got the request for the RPRF fees so hopefully things might have started moving..
congrats buddy.what your ecas says?

skumar29

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-12
Med's Request
23-06-12
Med's Done....
26-06-12
harvie said:
congrats buddy.what your ecas says?
Still says Application Received!

haven_asdn

May 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-11-2012
Med's Request
11-12-2012
Med's Done....
14-12-2012
Interview........
NA, RPRF request: 25-06-2013
Passport Req..
Week 4, November 2013
LANDED..........
already in canada
HLR said:
Does this mean that ecas status is not exactly representing the true status of file?
My ECAS is also application received only. Two reasons are possible, one is, some applicants' ECAS doesn't change even after they get PR. Another reason in CPPO-QSW processing time is now very long (19 months), so ECAS does not show any major update.

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
haven_asdn said:
My ECAS is also application received only. Two reasons are possible, one is, some applicants' ECAS doesn't change even after they get PR. Another reason in CPPO-QSW processing time is now very long (19 months), so ECAS does not show any major update.
I know about a person who got his PR after 2 years and his status was changed only from ''Application received'' to ''decision made''. He applied under QSW and in Buffalo office. It looks that there is no rule. people who are applying under PEQ program may be getting priority as compared to others.
Two possible reasons for this processing time could be:
1, they are currently working on Buffalo files
2, PAFSO strike

Anyone having an idea about the background check duration? (This looks to me the longest part of journey).

harvie

Sep 27, 2012
BRAMPTON
LANDED..........
on 1 Nov 2013
HLR said:
I know about a person who got his PR after 2 years and his status was changed only from ''Application received'' to ''decision made''. He applied under QSW and in Buffalo office. It looks that there is no rule. people who are applying under PEQ program may be getting priority as compared to others.
Two possible reasons for this processing time could be:
1, they are currently working on Buffalo files
2, PAFSO strike

Anyone having an idea about the background check duration? (This looks to me the longest part of journey).
I also got CSQ under PEQ program in one month. I dont think that peq category get priority. there are many applicants who got CSQ under PEQ still waiting for pr.

background duration take about 2-6 month.its all depend on which country you belongs and when it started. I mean many july2012 to jan 2013 applicants have got ppr already. now days you apply your application to nova scotia and cio ns do all the processing and then transfer to cppo for review i.e. for ppr.

skumar29

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-12
Med's Request
23-06-12
Med's Done....
26-06-12
HLR said:
Does this mean that ecas status is not exactly representing the true status of file?
I just checked my Application Status and it went to "In Process" today. I never thought that status would ever change! :)

harvie

Sep 27, 2012
BRAMPTON
LANDED..........
on 1 Nov 2013
skumar29 said:
I just checked my Application Status and it went to "In Process" today. I never thought that status would ever change! :)
wow congrats buddy. that means an officer is working on your file. now you can expect ppr anytime . some get even in 2 weeks.