luckyroyal

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
LANDED..........
24-Apr-2013
skumar29 said:
Congrats Luckyroyal! I had a quick question for you, what is the NOC 2171 that you applied under? I searched for it and it seems to be related to "Information Systems, Analysts". I did my Master's in Management of Information Systems and I was wondering if this was related to this NOC and if so, maybe I should let CIC know about it.
Hi kumar,
I agree with beakster.
May be below points helped me :
1. Iam working in Canada since early 2010
2. My federal application got returned twice due. to birth certificate and hence delayed by 2 months in queue .

But to be honest no one know how cic is working.

I came to know from forum Feb 27 around 15 people got PPR from different months and hence I assume every1 will get magic moments from next week onwards

Beakster

Star Member
Dec 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010 CSQ Application
Nomination.....
12-02-2012 CSQ Granted
AOR Received.
14-05-2012
Med's Request
14-05-2012
Med's Done....
22-05-2012
Passport Req..
10/08/2013
VISA ISSUED...
11/08/2013
LANDED..........
11/08/2013
luckyroyal said:
2. My federal application got returned twice due. to birth certificate and hence delayed by 2 months in queue .
Again I don't think these are relevant, I have been in Canada since 2009 and had no problems at all with either my CSQ or Federal application where they ask for more info. I know people who have been here longer and have been in the queue longer too. I think it's just that the system is broken and seems to be processing applications in an arbitrary order.

summer rose

Jan 31, 2013
luckyroyal said:
Hi kumar,
I agree with beakster.

But to be honest no one know how cic is working.

I came to know from forum Feb 27 around 15 people got PPR from different months and hence I assume every1 will get magic moments from next week onwards
oh maybe it would be true then...i just thought NOC would make any difference but guess I was wrong.
anyway, hopefully all will work out well for all of us.

skumar29

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-12
Med's Request
23-06-12
Med's Done....
26-06-12
summer rose said:
oh maybe it would be true then...i just thought NOC would make any difference but guess I was wrong.
anyway, hopefully all will work out well for all of us.
Hmm yeah this is pretty messed up :(

Are you guys gonna send the email petition to the MPs as chicka was doing?

Beakster

Star Member
Dec 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
12-02-2012 CSQ Granted
AOR Received.
14-05-2012
Med's Request
14-05-2012
Med's Done....
22-05-2012
Passport Req..
10/08/2013
VISA ISSUED...
11/08/2013
LANDED..........
11/08/2013
skumar29 said:
Hmm yeah this is pretty messed up :(

Are you guys gonna send the email petition to the MPs as chicka was doing?
I honestly don't think that will do any good. Jason Kenney has said the changes they have made (closing buffalo office) is to reduce overall waiting times. It just seems that this is at the sacrifice of us that got stuck in the middle. By the time the government got around to doing anything about it we'd all be PRs and normal processing should have been resumed.

We will all get there in the end... my main concern now though is that those of us who endured a longer processing time for PR whilst in Canada also have a longer wait to Citizenship. This is something which we can change though. I'd like to see a change to the citizenship act to recognise the time spent in the PR application process as being the same as time spent as a PR.

skumar29

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-12
Med's Request
23-06-12
Med's Done....
26-06-12
Beakster said:
I honestly don't think that will do any good. Jason Kenney has said the changes they have made (closing buffalo office) is to reduce overall waiting times. It just seems that this is at the sacrifice of us that got stuck in the middle. By the time the government got around to doing anything about it we'd all be PRs and normal processing should have been resumed.

We will all get there in the end... my main concern now though is that those of us who endured a longer processing time for PR whilst in Canada also have a longer wait to Citizenship. This is something which we can change though. I'd like to see a change to the citizenship act to recognise the time spent in the PR application process as being the same as time spent as a PR.
That is an interesting idea. I think we should surely make our voices heard on this one. At least the long wait will be compensated by a lesser wait time for Citizenship.

Beakster

Star Member
Dec 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
12-02-2012 CSQ Granted
AOR Received.
14-05-2012
Med's Request
14-05-2012
Med's Done....
22-05-2012
Passport Req..
10/08/2013
VISA ISSUED...
11/08/2013
LANDED..........
11/08/2013
skumar29 said:
That is an interesting idea. I think we should surely make our voices heard on this one. At least the long wait will be compensated by a lesser wait time for Citizenship.
Agreed. Watch this space. I'll make a post by Monday night at the latest showing the work I've been doing the last few days to kickstart this campaign.

mendi

Star Member
Oct 24, 2012
harvie said:
hello Mendi thanks for the info.. I think (now days) ecas goes to IN process when your file transfer from cio to cpp-o. this is usually update by cio after medical received and passed. cio make all the processing then transfer to cpp-o for ppr and rprf. In your case they (cio) ask for additional documents like PCC and after you send all these documents they send to cpp-o and same time you are ''in process''.in my case i send all the pcc with my application. when i got medical request from cio they mention my visa office is cpp-o and any communication will be with cpp-o.that means cio transfer my file to cpp-o some time in november 2012 (because ecas show medical received). but i dont understand why my ecas shows application received and not in process?any idea?
Hi Harvie, I don't really know what "IN PROCESS" means it even confuses me a little bit, of course they process the applications since the very beginning but the fact that they make the emphasis that it is in process in our ecas it's like another milestone in the application process.

According to CIC definitions In process means:
  • "When an application that has been sent to CIC has been opened, checked for completeness, and an employee has begun to process it (enter into the computer system, etc.)."

I read again the emails I received from CIC and in any moment they mention that my VO is Ottawa or any other VO. That is the only difference I find between your application and mine. We got our CSQ through PEQ, we have been in Canada for some time now.... are you the only applicant or you are adding spouse/kids?

mendi

Star Member
Oct 24, 2012
QC_Student_PEQ said:
Many thanks to mendi for organizing the info for everyone since like always!
Thank you very much for your comment :)

@Disaac Thank you for updating the table, you're doing a great job.

@luckyroyal congratulations!!!! that is great news! please share with us your landing experience

@Beakster one quick question, was your application transferred from Buffalo to Ottawa?

luckyroyal

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
LANDED..........
24-Apr-2013
mendi said:
Thank you very much for your comment :)

@ Disaac Thank you for updating the table, you're doing a great job.

@ luckyroyal congratulations!!!! that is great news! please share with us your landing experience

@ Beakster one quick question, was your application transferred from Buffalo to Ottawa?
Hi mendi,
Sure will inform

Beakster

Star Member
Dec 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
12-02-2012 CSQ Granted
AOR Received.
14-05-2012
Med's Request
14-05-2012
Med's Done....
22-05-2012
Passport Req..
10/08/2013
VISA ISSUED...
11/08/2013
LANDED..........
11/08/2013
mendi said:
@ Beakster one quick question, was your application transferred from Buffalo to Ottawa?
Hi Mendi,

I'm not sure. I can't see anything in the notes about it being transferred. It was received Feb 22nd 2012. The first action in the GCMS notes is that the notes file was created in April, and then the next notes are from May and are all marked as CPP Ottawa. So I'm guessing that seeing as they new Buffalo was closing Sydney sent it straight to Ottawa and they made an official start on it in May. Since then, other than marking my medicals as received, nothing has been done.

harvie

Sep 27, 2012
BRAMPTON
LANDED..........
on 1 Nov 2013
mendi said:
Hi Harvie, I don't really know what "IN PROCESS" means it even confuses me a little bit, of course they process the applications since the very beginning but the fact that they make the emphasis that it is in process in our ecas it's like another milestone in the application process.

According to CIC definitions In process means:
  • "When an application that has been sent to CIC has been opened, checked for completeness, and an employee has begun to process it (enter into the computer system, etc.)."

I read again the emails I received from CIC and in any moment they mention that my VO is Ottawa or any other VO. That is the only difference I find between your application and mine. We got our CSQ through PEQ, we have been in Canada for some time now.... are you the only applicant or you are adding spouse/kids?
I HAVE SPOUSE AND KID LIVING WITH ME.

Disaac

Jan 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/07/2012
AOR Received.
31/08/2012
Med's Request
07/09/2012
Med's Done....
14/09/2012
Passport Req..
22/04/2013
VISA ISSUED...
01/05/2013
LANDED..........
09/06/2013 God willing
Dear Colleagues,
i have some good news :) , today one of our friends in Egypt received a reply from the canadaian embassy regarding his inquiry, here is the reply received:

" This is to advise you that skilled worker applications which had been received in Ottawa were recently transferred to the visa office in Cairo.

Kindly note that we have begun processing these applications in order, based on the date each application was received. As soon as your case comes in turn, we will advise you of any further documents required.

Thank you for your interest,

Visa Section/Section des visas
Canadian Embassy/Ambassade du Canada
P.O.Box 57
Magles El Shaab
Cairo, Egypt/ le Caire, Egypte
Email: cairo.visa @ international.gc.ca

Téléphone | Telephone.: (202)2791-8833 - Mitnet 392-3437

Gouvernement du Canada | Government of Canada"

hoipefully we will hear some good news by the next few months, and this is a good sign that things are moving.

i wish you all the best

Kookie

Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-o
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
13-09-2012
Med's Request
19-09-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
So, does it mean Ottawa is going to transfer some applicants files to other office?

skumar29

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-12
Med's Request
23-06-12
Med's Done....
26-06-12
Kookie said:
So, does it mean Ottawa is going to transfer some applicants files to other office?
I think this is an inland applicant who chose his Visa Office to be Egypt.