+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Skilled Worker Invitation to Apply after OOPNP

rajshreem

Jun 8, 2015
Hi All,

I have received an invitation to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Category after receiving the nomination under OOPNP.

I am unsure on how to proceed. Has anyone gone through a similar situation? If yes, please advice on the next steps. Also, what are the implications of accepting the OOPNP and then proceeding ahead?

Thanks,
Rajshree.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
rajshreem said:
Hi All,

I have received an invitation to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Category after receiving the nomination under OOPNP.

I am unsure on how to proceed. Has anyone gone through a similar situation? If yes, please advice on the next steps. Also, what are the implications of accepting the OOPNP and then proceeding ahead?

Thanks,
Rajshree.
This is what many people are hoping for. I expect you must have been gathering your documents since you received the Ontario PT.

So just go ahead and submit the required documentation to CIC and get your application started!

Accepting OOPNP just means you get 600 extra points in EE pool. And you go to Ontario after your landing!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
@ TS, did you mean that you just got the PT notification from OINP, or you got an FSWP ITA even if you already accepted the nomination from ON which should give you a PNP ITA?

rajshreem

Jun 8, 2015
Hi,

I received the nomination first from Ontario and as I was working on my application within the 45 day deadline, I received the ITA (WITHOUT taking into consideration the 600 points I would get should I close the Ontario application).

Looking for suggestions to proceed.

Thanks,
RM

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajshreem said:
Hi,

I received the nomination first from Ontario and as I was working on my application within the 45 day deadline, I received the ITA (WITHOUT taking into consideration the 600 points I would get should I close the Ontario application).

Looking for suggestions to proceed.

Thanks,
RM
You haven't received the nomination yet. You have only got the invitation which doesn't guarantee a nomination. As the only reason to get a nomination is to guarantee an ITA (which you already have now), there doesn't seem to be any good reason to continue with the invite, spend 1500 CAD and eventually get another ITA 4-6 months down the line.

You have limited time to accept the ITA and submit the application so focus on that. All the best!