+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Federal Skilled Worker Class" vs. "Canadian Experience Class"?

wlidha

Dec 26, 2010
Hi guys,
I am a little bit confused. Please, can anyone help?

Here my situation.
My future employer applied for the LMO. I have understood that the next steps are the work permit and then starting my new job in Canada.

My questions are the following:
1) Can I apply also (beside applying for the work permit) for the Permanent Residence as a Skilled Worker (i.e. applying now while I am in France)? Or should I wait until I'll be in Canada?
2) If the later case should be considered, should I apply for Permanent Residence right away as a Federal Skilled Worker Class or should I wait until I gain 24 months of experience in Canada and then apply as a Canadian Experience Class?

Regards,

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your occupation is one of the 29 most wanted, you can apply under the skilled worker program right now. Otherwise you have to wait until you have your work permit and you also need a letter from your employer stating that they are offering you a full time job on a permanent basis when you get your PR. That will qualify you to apply under the skilled worker program with arranged employment. You should get your PR this way long before the 24 months are up that you would otherwise be waiting to qualify under CEC. However, if something goes wrong with your FSW application, you can have CEC as a backup plan.