NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
Gaber1 said:
Essi Liye Tuyun Kss fattee parri a.
not good.

It seems people are here to fight with Tuyen not with CIC.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
st-cnncomes said:
The precise word that should be used in your examples are KNOW and not ASSUME. If i'm not mistaken. :D
You can't use the word "know" until after the event has transpired and you've seen the final result. Anything before the final result is an assumption:

- the bullet might miss completely
- the storm could change direction before it reaches you
- the rock could land on a roof and never make it back to the ground

Assumptions are not a bad thing, especially when they're based on a high probability of coming true.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canlove said:
not good.

It seems people are here to fight with Tuyen not with CIC.
There's nothing to fight about with CIC at the moment. The only thing people can do is wait for the outcome of the case.

st-cnncomes

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
warmest said:
It is interesting to note that our judge is also the first author of this research article.
Click on the link below to get the link for the full text of this research article.

The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and Canadian Officials Abroad

Donald J. Rennie, Ramona Rothschild

Abstract
This paper describes how the Federal Courts have dealt with two issues pertaining to the extra-territorial application of the Charter arising from the Supreme Court of Canada's decisions in R. v. Hape and Canada (Justice) v. Khadr: (1) whether there exists a “fundamental human rights exception” to the general rule that the Charter does not apply extra-territorially; and (2) whether non-Canadian citizens outside Canada who are not subjected to a Canadian judicial process are beneficiaries of Charter rights. The Federal Courts have concluded that the Supreme Court did not create a “fundamental human rights exception” justifying the extra-territorial application of the Charter if Canadian state actors are involved in fundamental human rights violations outside Canada. In addition, they have determined that non-Canadian citizens outside Canada with no sufficient connection to Canada are not entitled to avail themselves of Charter rights guaranteed to “everyone”. The paper concludes by identifying several additional questions arising from the Supreme Court's Hape and Khadr decisions that future courts may be required to consider.

SUPREME COURT LAW REVIEW, Vol. 47 (2009), pp. 127--146

http://pi.library.yorku.ca/ojs/index.php/sclr/article/view/34832

What makes the canada connections sufficient and insufficient ?

st-cnncomes

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Does applying for immigration to CIC ,paying a fee and exceeding the Pass Mark of 67 make the Canada Connection insufficient ? Immediate relatives are Canadian Citizens, do we have insufficient Canadian connections ?

rajeshchoy

Nov 28, 2006
Mumbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

I am a April 2007 Newdelhi-applicant, not a litigant, received fee refund cheque from CIC.

Shall I return back the cheque to CIC or encash?

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
st-cnncomes said:
After applying for immigration to CIC ,paying a fee and exceeding the Pass Mark of 67 make the Canada Connection insufficient ? Immediate relatives are Canadian Citizens, do we have insufficient Canadian connections ?
If you read the article, it gives an example on page 18 where two men were at one time LIVING in Canada (one of them for several years), and the court determined that it was STILL not enough to claim charter rights.

So that whole article pretty much backs up what I've been saying all along - that the litigants in this lawsuit must find a way to win WITHOUT trying to claim Canadian charter rights and protections, because it doesn't apply to them. I'm not a lawyer, but to me it was always a matter of logic and common sense.

joe07

Jan 17, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajeshchoy said:
Dear All,

I am a April 2007 Newdelhi-applicant, not a litigant, received fee refund cheque from CIC.

Dude. what was ur Online status.. if you could share with the group.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajeshchoy said:
Dear All,

If you received a refund, why do you want to give the cheque back to CIC...?

joe07

Jan 17, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajeshchoy said:
E-Cas Status from 'Inprocess' to 'Decision made' to 'Blank' to 'Not available'.
was it unavailable for a month or just a week?

rajeshchoy

Nov 28, 2006
Mumbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Spoke to my consultant, Abhinav, Delhi, and found that around 400-500 applicants under them have similar status.

joe07

Jan 17, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajeshchoy said:
Spoke to my consultant, Abhinav, Delhi, and found that around 400-500 applicants under them have similar status.
had the same status till Monday. Now it's showing blank