+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Skilled Worker Class Action Lawsuit

st-cnncomes

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Frankly speaking i don't see CIC gettin outta this one. Is gonna be one helafa rig ma roll. This is all due to their making. Canada has every right to make and ammend laws but on the other hand applicants have an equal right to legally obliterate them. Applicants too have a personal jobs, growth and prosperity act, that is being infringed upon by CIC. The judge will never be able to deny this. The whole episode of immigration is derived from this want. Can you imagine paying money and waiting for years on end to be treated like this ?

joe07

Jan 17, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
st-cnncomes said:
Frankly speaking i don't see CIC gettin outta this one. Is gonna be one helafa rig ma roll. This is all due to their making. Canada has every right to make and ammend laws but on the other hand applicants have an equal right to legally obliterate them. Applicants too have a personal jobs, growth and prosperity act, that is being infringed upon by CIC. The judge will never be able to deny this. The whole episode of immigration is derived from this want. Can you imagine paying money and waiting for years on end to be treated like this ?
The law of the land has the right, lets not speculate what the judge will do and what was unfair. as i discussed earlier lets wait for the verdict instead of accusing and speculating. lets not jump the gun. Allz wellz endzz well

bcone

Nov 11, 2012
Hi all ,

As Tim Leahy was not a part of this 14-16 hearing , what will happen to his clients ? will they be treated as litigants or as rest of the applicants?
Also what happened to his "some arrows for CIC" beacuse of which he withdrew - like class action for his group & appealing against Barnes dismissal of his agreement. No news from him regarding that.....
Anyone has any info on this , pl do post.

st-cnncomes

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
joe07 said:
The law of the land has the right, lets not speculate what the judge will do and what was unfair. as i discussed earlier lets wait for the verdict instead of accusing and speculating. lets not jump the gun. Allz wellz endzz well
It not about the law of the land. The million dollar question is why would an applicant who applied 8 years ago come under this particular law ? What was CIC doing all these years ? Hacthing eggs ? There is no backlog, but actually all are Wharehoused files. Theres a huge difference.

Gaber1

Star Member
Nov 2, 2012
bcone said:
Hi all ,

As Tim Leahy was not a part of this 14-16 hearing , what will happen to his clients ? will they be treated as litigants or as rest of the applicants?
Also what happened to his "some arrows for CIC" beacuse of which he withdrew - like class action for his group & appealing against Barnes dismissal of his agreement. No news from him regarding that.....
Anyone has any info on this , pl do post.
. ARROWS. Ha ha ha ha

joe07

Jan 17, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
st-cnncomes said:
It not about the law of the land. The million dollar question is why would an applicant who applied 8 years ago come under this particular law ? What was CIC doing all these years ? Hacthing eggs ? There is no backlog, but actually all are Wharehoused files. Theres a huge difference.
kindly read my earlier post on the law enforced to pre 2008 applicants. bro we are on the same page.. u and me or everyone here could have applied after 2008 but u think that will still make sense. what I am saying is lets wait now for the verdict, post something useful for the forum- updates on anyone's status, links, verdict ,news. if we still keep saying they are wrong and we are right doesn't lead to anything. 90% of the thread comments on they are wrong and we are right. " I agree to 90% that we are right” . lets not speculate and accuse what was right and what was wrong, or how they should have treated us that's not going to help me or u or anyone in the group. While I understand that everyone is angry and frustrated lets not take the forum to dump our problems- “lets get a solution to our problems” I am again saying that I am also one among you all who is looking for the ray of “ light” and not “hope”

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joe07 said:
what is the first four words to be noticed ?
The first four words, "In 2002 and 2003".

You were saying that the previous lawsuit was in the early 90s, and it wasn't.

joe07

Jan 17, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tuyen said:
The first four words, "In 2002 and 2003".

You were saying that the previous lawsuit was in the early 90s, and it wasn't.
Tuyen i have never mentioned about 90's case nor did i come across in any article. :)

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hopeful4 said:
I am glad that the anti-lawsuit party has moved forward now to discuss the possibility of appeal, giving up obviously to the possibility of a positive ruling for the pre 2008 applicants. I remember that they considered such a ruling impossible a couple of pages ago,,,,,,
I can't speak on behalf of anyone else, only for myself, and I still believe that nothing will come of this lawsuit that will benefit any of the participants. I still believe that winning is impossible, especially with ridiculous claims of racism being brought in front of a judge who can clearly see that immigrants from ALL countries were put into the backlog, not only people from SOME countries. I truly can't believe that they went into court with a straight face and actually argued racism and expected to win on that. That has got to be one of the stupidest legal tactics I've ever seen or heard of.

Knight_Crusader

Star Member
Dec 29, 2012
tuyen said:
I can't speak on behalf of anyone else, only for myself, and I still believe that nothing will come of this lawsuit that will benefit any of the participants. I still believe that winning is impossible, especially with ridiculous claims of racism being brought in front of a judge who can clearly see that immigrants from ALL countries were put into the backlog, not only people from SOME countries. I truly can't believe that they went into court with a straight face and actually argued racism and expected to win on that. That has got to be one of the stupidest legal tactics I've ever seen or heard of.
exactly what i felt and wrote something in the previous pages..

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/federal-skilled-worker-class-action-lawsuit-t113853.0.html;msg2020059#msg2020059

hopeful4

Sep 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2007
Doc's Request.
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
18-1-2008
IELTS Request
10-3-2010
File Transfer...
17-5-2012
Med's Request
18-3-2013
Med's Done....
21-3-2013
Passport Req..
16-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-4-2013
LANDED..........
June-July 2013
noon said:
At first Mario bellisimo thanks all litigants who helped him to prepare the litigation. Then he thanked other lawyers who also supported this litigation. He said he provided statistical evidence beofre court to prove sec 15 was violated in backlog processing and he proposed questions for certification.He also said that judgement is expected to come on friday jan 25 by Rennie. The video lasts only 1.18 minutes.
He said no where that the judgment is to come on 25th !! on contrary he said we expect meaningful reasons for weeks and perhaps months to come!!!!
ON THE 2TH THE CIC will only present a reply on a certified question

noon

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2004
Doc's Request.
11-10-2008
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-07-2004
IELTS Request
november 2006
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
I think it is waived
Hopeful4,
Bellisimo said the judge's response is expected on friday. The words in my post is not the exact words said by Mario bellisimo. My post contain only main points from the interview and it was intended for wounderful because youtube was blocked in wounderful's country..

wounderful

Oct 18, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2005
AOR Received.
17-07-2005
IELTS Request
original sent with application
File Transfer...
30-09-2010
Sabiha Nazli said:
wounderful said:
Same like you. I request Hon. Minister to give CIC people a real Toy (not our files) please. ???

But I could not find my file. System is still not identifying my details.
When you have filed your application and r u litigant ? may be they yet to reach your file to change the status again.