+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Skilled Worker Class Action Lawsuit

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi sbernados

u don't need to pay again...if u have already joined either with bellisimo or cohen, co-counsel, u are good to go...

that is only for those who still wish to join and haven't yet....

cheers

sbernados said:
please check bellisimo website. The bad news is we have to pay another 500CAD if you wish to join the proceeding on November. I dont know how much money i need to spend just to live in Canada.

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guyz

had any1 recently visited the class action lawsuit link on Campbell Cohen website?
i happen to click on it and it returned a page saying "This program is closed."

cheers

sbernados

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Abu Dhabi
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PNP 02-05-2018
Doc's Request.
PNP 15-06-2018
Nomination.....
17-08-2018
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
Med's Request
29-08-2018
Med's Done....
29-08-2019
Passport Req..
07-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2019
LANDED..........
07-06-2019
kiwi1 said:
hi sbernados

u don't need to pay again...if u have already joined either with bellisimo or cohen, co-counsel, u are good to go...

that is only for those who still wish to join and haven't yet....

cheers
hi kiwi1, thats also the interpretation of my relative who is knowledgable more with legal terms. I let him read also the excerpt email of TIm Leahy, he thinks that Mr. leahy just presented the assumptions/arguments thay had in the court. BUt the decision of the court is the statement of Bellisimo in the website. On my opinion, the court favors the stay for the entire class but the ruling for this would probably next year.

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi sbernados

i agree about the decision as indicated in the statement of Bellisimo.

what i understand though is that the ruling whether it will be a class action is set on 16 Nov 2012 and it will be Justice Barnes who will decide that is why the lawyers saw the approach he took in deciding the injuction is far more important than the ruling itself. they thought he prefers for managed litigation rather than class action lawsuit. therefore, if that happens, only those that joined the litigation may benefit from whatever decision that may be reached.

what will be decided next year is motion to decide on the legality of the provision closing the fsw applications.

cheers

sbernados said:
hi kiwi1, thats also the interpretation of my relative who is knowledgable more with legal terms. I let him read also the excerpt email of TIm Leahy, he thinks that Mr. leahy just presented the assumptions/arguments thay had in the court. BUt the decision of the court is the statement of Bellisimo in the website. On my opinion, the court favors the stay for the entire class but the ruling for this would probably next year.

hopeful4

Sep 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2007
Doc's Request.
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
18-1-2008
IELTS Request
10-3-2010
File Transfer...
17-5-2012
Med's Request
18-3-2013
Med's Done....
21-3-2013
Passport Req..
16-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-4-2013
LANDED..........
June-July 2013
Too bad that Bellisomo updated its applicants while Cohen is so silent about it. The funny thing I joined Cohen case but my file number in the supreme court states that Bellisemo is my lawyer!!
Probably becuase they are co counsels on this case,,,I really do not know,,,,and just noticed that Bellisomo charges 500 CAD while COhen charges 500 USD,,,, :mad:

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tim is even lower @ CAD400.....

hopeful4 said:
Too bad that Bellisomo updated its applicants while Cohen is so silent about it. The funny thing I joined Cohen case but my file number in the supreme court states that Bellisemo is my lawyer!!
Probably becuase they are co counsels on this case,,,I really do not know,,,,and just noticed that Bellisomo charges 500 CAD while COhen charges 500 USD,,,, :mad:

hopeful4

Sep 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2007
Doc's Request.
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
18-1-2008
IELTS Request
10-3-2010
File Transfer...
17-5-2012
Med's Request
18-3-2013
Med's Done....
21-3-2013
Passport Req..
16-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-4-2013
LANDED..........
June-July 2013
kiwi1 said:
hi guyz

had any1 recently visited the class action lawsuit link on Campbell Cohen website?
i happen to click on it and it returned a page saying "This program is closed."

cheers
[/quote

indeed, and my guess is that Cohen decided he can not handle any more applications (applications reached 1100 so far),,,,,the application in Bellisomo group is still open though,,,,probably they did not reach their qouta yet

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wow....if ur figure is right, then his law firm made as much as USD550,000 from 1100 applications @ USD500 each ....holy molly....

hopeful4 said:
indeed, and my guess is that Cohen decided he can not handle any more applications (applications reached 1100 so far),,,,,the application in Bellisomo group is still open though,,,,probably they did not reach their qouta yet

zolter

Sep 14, 2012
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-May-13 <br>[color=green]PER......:19-Aug-13[/color]<br>[color=blue]SGVO AOR..: 09-Sep-13[/color]<br>[color=blue]Med Done: 10-Jan-15[/color]<br>[color=blue]File Transferred to Accra VO (On request) and PPR: 18-Feb-15[/color]<br>[color=blue]Pp sent: 27-Feb-15[/color]<br>[color=red]Visa : 12-Mar-15[/color]
kiwi1 said:
wow....if ur figure is right, then his law firm made as much as USD550,000 from 1100 applications @ USD500 each ....holy molly....
half a million CAD, that's quite a lot of money for them to fail. Bellissimo is my solicitor. Let us see what will happen in Nov.

jevan

Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-May-2007
AOR Received.
19-June-2007
kiwi1 said:
hi sbernados

i agree about the decision as indicated in the statement of Bellisimo.

what i understand though is that the ruling whether it will be a class action is set on 16 Nov 2012 and it will be Justice Barnes who will decide that is why the lawyers saw the approach he took in deciding the injuction is far more important than the ruling itself. they thought he prefers for managed litigation rather than class action lawsuit. therefore, if that happens, only those that joined the litigation may benefit from whatever decision that may be reached.

what will be decided next year is motion to decide on the legality of the provision closing the fsw applications.

cheers
Dear kiwi,
i joined david cohen for litigation but his officials did not inform me about the update on 18 sept hearing.dear do u think that what blissmo yesterday told about an agreement is best for all litigants or that is only for blissmo group nor david group?
Do u think that we did right having joined the litigation?what kind of benefit we may assume after this news?
Jevan.

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi jevan

i would assume cohen will provide update to all his litigants in a couple of days...they are a bit delayed in doing that but they eventually send out updates.

given the circumstances of Justice Barnes, i think the agreement is best for all the litigants for the time being, regardless of whose group u belong..
I also think the agreement will be shortlived....
I actually find it quite confusing [as most court decisions, they are almost always not straight forward unless u are declared guilty or not guilty].
As you knew, in Nov 2012, Justice Barnes will decide whether the lawsuit will be classified as a class action or a managed litigation....
In a managed litigation though, the ruling will only govern to those who joined the litigation, "leaving those who have not joined out in the cold."
Now, in Nov should Justice Barnes rules that it will not be a class action, does that mean CIC can now start destroying files of those not governed by a managed litigation?

I think that we did the right thing in joining the litigation...It would be great if it will be decided as a class action so that everyone, whether in the litigation or not will benefit from the ruling, otherwise, I think you will be thankful (?) you did join...

jevan said:
Dear kiwi,
i joined david cohen for litigation but his officials did not inform me about the update on 18 sept hearing.dear do u think that what blissmo yesterday told about an agreement is best for all litigants or that is only for blissmo group nor david group?
Do u think that we did right having joined the litigation?what kind of benefit we may assume after this news?
Jevan.

jevan

Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-May-2007
AOR Received.
19-June-2007
kiwi1 said:
hi jevan

i would assume cohen will provide update to all his litigants in a couple of days...they are a bit delayed in doing that but they eventually send out updates.

given the circumstances of Justice Barnes, i think the agreement is best for all the litigants for the time being, regardless of whose group u belong..
I actually find it quite confusing [as most court decisions, they are almost always not straight forward unless u are declared guilty or not guilty].
As you knew, in Nov 2012, Justice Barnes will decide whether the lawsuit will be classified as a class action or a managed litigation....
In a managed litigation though, the ruling will only govern to those who joined the litigation, "leaving those who have not joined out in the cold."
Now, in Nov should Justice Barnes rules that it will not be a class action, does that mean CIC can now start destroying files of those not governed by a managed litigation?

I think that we did the right thing in joining the litigation...It would be great if it will be decided as a class action so that everyone, whether in the litigation or not will benefit from the ruling, otherwie, I think you will be thankful (?) you did join...
@kiwi 1,
+1 for u for this detailed answer.
Best of luck and thanksss.
Jevan.

sac

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2008
AOR Received.
28-05-2008
kiwi1 said:
hi jevan

I think that we did the right thing in joining the litigation...It would be great if it will be decided as a class action so that everyone, whether in the litigation or not will benefit from the ruling, otherwise, I think you will be thankful (?) you did join...
What shall we do now that the Plea for Stay of Refund has been dismissed by the Court? I feel that joining the litigation would expose us to risk of being denied any Canadian visa, such as tourist visa, if we have a pending case against the CIC. What do you think, anyone?

jevan

Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-May-2007
AOR Received.
19-June-2007
sac said:
What shall we do now that the Plea for Stay of Refund has been dismissed by the Court? I feel that joining the litigation would expose us to risk of being denied any Canadian visa, such as tourist visa, if we have a pending case against the CIC. What do you think, anyone?
@sac,
i dont think so brother,bcz there is no a single example in past like this.every time court decisions were final and cic did what the court said.
Best Regards.
Jevan.

sbernados

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Abu Dhabi
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PNP 02-05-2018
Doc's Request.
PNP 15-06-2018
Nomination.....
17-08-2018
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
Med's Request
29-08-2018
Med's Done....
29-08-2019
Passport Req..
07-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2019
LANDED..........
07-06-2019
sac said:
Thats also what my husband thinks sac. If they will do that denying tourist visa because we have a pending case against the CIC, then they just prove how unworthy is their immigration system. Im planning to visit canada this december, lets see if we will be deported.