28-07-2004
IELTS Request
november 2006
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
I think it is waived
can88da,
dont panic, share your AOR, visa office, recent changes in ecase. Even if you r deleted wait for the final verdict.

can88da

Jan 9, 2013
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad than London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2008
AOR Received.
21-02-2008
File Transfer...
10-01-2011
Hi noon,

My details are as follows

I applied in January 2008 to the Canadian embassy in Islamabad Pakistan. I received confirmation from the embassy that they started processing my case from February 21 2008. My case was shifted to the Canadian embassy in London as was done for all FSW cases from Pakistan. My e-cas status was "In Process" all this time however when I logged in at the start of this month i.e. Jan 2013 my status was changed to "Decision Made". Now today I am unable to login into the CIC website :(

kau_shik_patel

Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SASKATCHEWAN - NDVO
NOC Code......
2281/2282
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2015
Doc's Request.
13-04-2016
Nomination.....
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
20-07-2016
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
File Transfer...
19-08-2016
Med's Request
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
28-12-2016
Interview........
00-00-2017
Passport Req..
14-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-2017
LANDED..........
00-00-2017
Latest on court case proceedings by Tim Leahy :

Dear Litigant,

While one should never project how a judge will rule on an issue, a judge's comments at hearing are often indicative of how the judge views the issues. By that standard, the January 14th-16th hearing went extremely well for the applicants.

Without delving into the many legal issues debated at the hearing, I will just share some of the major points. Applicants' counsel argued that the Minister discriminated against the applicants by having forced them to apply at only one visa post and then not allocating a high enough quota to finalize their files in the same time-frame as occurred in Western Europe or the Americas. If the Court agrees that, owing to unlawful discrimination, the backlog issue arose, the Court could declare s 87.4 to be unlawful because, in effect, it would reward CIC for having discriminated against the s. 87.4 victims in the first place.

DoJ (Department of Justice) was unable to present a credible reason to justify closing of the files. Justice Rennie pointedly asked, in effect: "Yes, backlogs are bad and just-in-time processing is good. But, (a) is the only way to achieve the latter to abolish the backlogged files and (b) are clearing the backlog and just-in-time processing mutually exclusive?" (paraphrase). In other words, why cannot CIC institute a just-in-time processing system for new applications while clearing out the backlog: i..e, have two streams of FSW processing? In other words, Justice Rennie reflected the view that most Canadians would have if informed of the facts of the Minister's grand deceit.

Justice Rennie proved himself to be alert and alive to Charter issues, which Rocco Galatti brilliantly articulated. In his reply, Mr. Galatti had the entire courtroom silent, intensely listening to his every word. As one lawyer present put it: "I felt privileged to have been there to hear him". Mr. Galatti praised Justice Rennie after the hearing for appearing to have strong grasp of constitutional law and a keen interest in getting it right. So, we are lucky to have drawn a judge with Justice Rennie's knowledge of constitutional law and interest in deepening his knowledge. In fact, Justice Rennie thanked counsel for the insight they shared into Charter law, adding that his understanding had grown as a result.

So, as I said, one should never be too confident of how a judge will rule but Justice Rennie appears to understand applicants' arguments, to find troubling the arbitrary closing of so many files without any cogent justification beyond "Might makes Right" and to be sympathetic to the applicants' plight. Justice Rennie also mentioned that he expects to permit the losing party to appeal the case to the Federal Court of Appeal. So, even if we win at this stage, it may not be over.

In anticipation of an appeal, Mario Bellissimo asked Justice Rennie if he rules in our favour, to oblige CIC to resume processing of the litigants' files during any appeal. Thus, if Justice Rennie rules in our favour and requires CIC to resume processing while it appeals his decision, your cases will go forward.

With respect to our own group, DoJ has asked Justice Barnes to cancel Justice Rennie's order allowing our cases to proceed and to hold our cases hostage to the s. 87.4 litigation ultimately disposition. Time will tell whether Justice Barnes will reverse course and finally render a decision consistent with duty under the law. Since July, Justice Barnes has been obdurately refusing to comply with s. 74, which requires him to set down for hearing each of our cases because (a) on 7 December 2011, he issued an order stating that each order and direction would apply to each of the litigant's case, (b) on 25 April 2012 ordered out lead case, Dong Liang, be decided on the merits (c) Justice Rennie failed to act in accordance with the December 7th order when he declined to render the same order for the rest of the litigants as he did for Mr. Liang, ruling that he would not be doing so because the Protocol (Agreement) governed disposition of the other files and (d) on July 10th, DoJ advised the Court that it would not honour the Agreement with respect to any file not assessed by March 29th. At that point, Justice Barnes knew -- assuming a minimum degree of competence -- that he was obliged either to enforce the Protocol or set all the cases down for hearings. On December 14th, he refused to do the former, thereby obliging himself to do the latter, assuming a willingness to comply with the law. However, in view of how he has conducted himself vis-à-vis our group to date, there is no basis to be confident that Justice Barnes will at long last do his duty and behave ethically.

So, our fate effectively turns on the outcome of the January hearing, except that, if Justice Rennie strikes down s. 87.4, CIC would have no basis to argue that it would "contrary to law" for the Minister to keep his word. Moreover, on November 29th, when he issued Operational Bulletin 479-B, the Minister confirmed what I had been saying since June: The Minister has the means for keeping his word to our litigants and to the Federal Court.

Now we wait for the next chapters of our saga. Hopefully with a bit more optimism how that our fate is in hands of a jurist who actually appears desirous of issuing a proper decision (as opposed to doing whatever a DoJ lawyer bids him to do).

Regards,

Tim

kau_shik_patel

Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SASKATCHEWAN - NDVO
NOC Code......
2281/2282
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2015
Doc's Request.
13-04-2016
Nomination.....
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
20-07-2016
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
File Transfer...
19-08-2016
Med's Request
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
28-12-2016
Interview........
00-00-2017
Passport Req..
14-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-2017
LANDED..........
00-00-2017
Latest on court case proceedings by Tim Leahy :

Dear Litigant,

CIC is sending a new Rule 9 letter to the Federal Court, stating that s. 87.4 closed the litigant's file. If you access the Federal Court website, using either your court file number or your surname, you will see if such a letter has been sent in your case. If so, your file was likely not assessed before March 29th.

The link is: http://cas-ncr-nter03.cas-satj.gc.ca/IndexingQueries/infp_queries_e.php?stype=court&select_court=T. Click the "re" to the right of your name to see if this letter has been received and the data entered.

(When we initiate a case, we state whether we have received "written reasons" for the decision. If we say that we have not, pursuant to Federal Court Rule 9, the Court directs the respondent [CIC] to provide written reasons. Heretofore, the letter they sen...d said "no reasons because no decision".)

Checking periodically with the Federal Court website until you see such a letter would likely be the best way of getting an answer to this question.

The letter, however, really does not matter and does not change anything in so far as the litigation is concerned. If Justice Rennie strikes down s. 87.4, CIC will have to re-open your file. And, until the Court has settled the matter, your court case continues.

Regards,

Tim

Sabiha Nazli

Nov 12, 2012
Dear Wonderful and group:

Today I could not check my e-cas status.What does it mean? Is it blocked, do anyone else experienced this.

Look forward for your response.

Best regards

can88da

Jan 9, 2013
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad than London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2008
AOR Received.
21-02-2008
File Transfer...
10-01-2011
Sabiha Nazli said:
Dear Wonderful and group:

Today I could not check my e-cas status.What does it mean? Is it blocked, do anyone else experienced this.

Look forward for your response.

Best regards
Hi Sabiha,

Same here. I checked and got nothing.

annel

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Sout Africa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2007
AOR Received.
27-12-2007
hi All,

I got the same info and i'm pre feb 2008 ( 2007 applicant) and i'm part of the litigants. Before it was in process and after that DM.

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons: :eek:

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
annel said:
hi All,

I got the same info and i'm pre feb 2008 ( 2007 applicant) and i'm part of the litigants. Before it was in process and after that DM.

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons: :eek:
It's not a system update also because i can see my e-cas status because I'm not part of the lawsuit.

joe07

Jan 17, 2013
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The CIC page has been interrupted for some funny reason. Neither am I in the litigation.

kau_shik_patel: can anyone access the data. Can you please specify the procedure if you don’t have a court number..

cheers

CanadaSet

Star Member
Apr 19, 2011
Singapore
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Doc's Request.
06-03-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2014
AOR Received.
20-01-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
06-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
Passport Req..
29-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2015
LANDED..........
2 September 2015
new computer glitch :'(

from 'in process' to 'DM' to 'blank' and now 'cannot find my details'......within 3 weeks, the status has changed 3 times ::)

i am a part of litigation.. singapore VO

noon

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2004
Doc's Request.
11-10-2008
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-07-2004
IELTS Request
november 2006
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
I think it is waived
FRIENDS,
My status is inprocess for 8.5 years. DM and then blank cases will change in to "inprocess" if sec 87.4 is struck down. Wait till jan 25. DO NOT ASK FOR REFUND OR FILL IN THE FORMS FOR REFUND till Justice Rennie delivers his decision. Be positive.Your efforts will not go in vain.

can88da

Jan 9, 2013
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad than London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2008
AOR Received.
21-02-2008
File Transfer...
10-01-2011
This is just an assumption but is the CIC trying to dispose off as many cases as possible before the verdict so that even if they have to process these applications later on they will be much smaller in number and would not take time.

I hope that I am wrong.

hopeful4

Sep 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2007
Doc's Request.
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
18-1-2008
IELTS Request
10-3-2010
File Transfer...
17-5-2012
Med's Request
18-3-2013
Med's Done....
21-3-2013
Passport Req..
16-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-4-2013
LANDED..........
June-July 2013
My e cas is working normally, still in process. My guess is that all DM cases are deleted from the system after a certain length of time. Probably the info was removed from the database. Strangely CIC promised to keep the files for 2 years. But maybe they will keep the paper file only not the data on their system.

canvb

Jan 18, 2013
Hello,

I have been regarding this topic since the last seven days. I am not part of the lawsuit
I have applied to New Delhi VO. Mine is Pre-Feb 2008 case. I had filed in May 2005.

Till nov 2012 status was In Process, suddenly in dec 2012 it changed to Decision Made
and Now

Checked today morning my status at 9:00 AM, It was Decision Made.
Checked today again at 1:20 PM, and now it goes blank. :eek:

Dont know whats happening.

Regards

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
Dear Mates

Dont worry , Allah will bless all of us.