+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Federal Skilled Worker" and "Quebec Skilled Worker" applications together

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
Dear Members,

I need one suggestion from you all. I have applied for Immigration under Federal Skilled Worker class and it has been almost a year that my application is in "Received by Visa Office" status in Buffalo.

In the meanwhile I have received positive CSQ Quebec Selection Certificate from Quebec, and now I can also apply for Quebec Skilled Worker to Buffalo visa office with my positive Quebec Selection Certificate. The Quebec Selection Certificate does mention that I need to apply within 6 months in order to avail this opportunity.

I know that Canadian Immigration allows applicants who launch two or applications separately.
However, my question is that if I apply for Quebec Skilled Worker (while my Federal Skilled Worker application is also in process as "RBVO"), will the new Quebec Skilled Worker application cause any problem / conflict of interest to my previous application (Federal Skilled Worker) or not? Should I go for it?

I am thinking to avail the opportunity to apply under Quebec Skilled Worker program before it expires, since Federal Skilled Worker applications are taking looooong time in Buffalo office.

Any suggestions from senior members would be very helpful !

Thanks,
Indus

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
indusvision said:
Hi Senior members,
Any suggestion for me please!
I would appreciate any suggestion!
Thanks,
Indus
As you have a CSQ, don't waste your time. You should apply. Your previous FSW application will not hinder your new Quebec application.