+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal Skilled program for Co-op students

Harmanjot

Feb 28, 2013
Hi Everybody

I want to apply for my Permanent Residency under the Federal Skilled worker and have some questions regarding the same which are given below. Any help is appreciated.

I have two years diploma in canada and I have one year co-op experience in Canada as a Technical Support Agent (NOC 2282 Skill level B). I have 7.5 band in IELTS in all the modules. I have been in Canada for almost 2.5 years and currently doing 2 part time courses. Will be done in April. So, long story short - 1year of co-op work experience and a 2 year diploma.

My question is can I apply for FSW ? The reason why I have this question is because when I take the self-assessment test at CIC, I get 71 points for my assessment with two years diploma, 7.5 bands in IELTS, 21-49 years of age, no arranged employment, no spouse, worked for 1 to 2 years, worked for atleast an year in Canada.

A friend of mine applied under the same conditions just with more co-op experience a long time ago. I wanted to know can I apply given my circumstances currently or is there any change in the rule?

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Harmanjot said:
Hi Everybody

I want to apply for my Permanent Residency under the Federal Skilled worker and have some questions regarding the same which are given below. Any help is appreciated.

I have two years diploma in canada and I have one year co-op experience in Canada as a Technical Support Agent (NOC 2282 Skill level B). I have 7.5 band in IELTS in all the modules. I have been in Canada for almost 2.5 years and currently doing 2 part time courses. Will be done in April. So, long story short - 1year of co-op work experience and a 2 year diploma.

My question is can I apply for FSW ? The reason why I have this question is because when I take the self-assessment test at CIC, I get 71 points for my assessment with two years diploma, 7.5 bands in IELTS, 21-49 years of age, no arranged employment, no spouse, worked for 1 to 2 years, worked for atleast an year in Canada.

A friend of mine applied under the same conditions just with more co-op experience a long time ago. I wanted to know can I apply given my circumstances currently or is there any change in the rule?
Seriously, atleast you could have changed the wordings a little bit...just copied and pasted the post.....shame on you...

Harmanjot

Feb 28, 2013
dbss, theres nothing "shame on me" thing in it. I just copied it as I have the same question. If you're offended then I'm sorry. And from next time be respectful to every human being.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Harmanjot said:
dbss, theres nothing "shame on me" thing in it. I just copied it as I have the same question. If you're offended then I'm sorry. And from next time be respectful to every human being.
yes that is the same thing I have to tell you..

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
yes...as a matter of fact I do....and the answer is no...you need a permanent job

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Harmanjot said:
but they say, u just need 1 year experience ?
you need one experience if you are in the list of 29 occupation which were still there when I made the post...else u need a permanent job offer either with a LMO or a pgwp