+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal application for QUEBEC workers from Buffalo, USA

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
Guys! I got an email tonight from buffalo. They asked me to do a finger print at local police station ( extra cost:(((( ). There was my FN in that email.

concorde411

Star Member
Apr 13, 2010
Good Evening Everyone!!!!

Ok, here's my story:

1. Applied for CSQ from the USA on July 15, 2010

2. Got my AOR letter on September 7, 2010

3. Waiting for interview date since September 7, 2010.

I heard that the Quebec govt. has just started processing applications sent in Feburary, 2010 which means that I most likely won't get proscessed and I won't get an interview date until July, one year after applying for CSQ.

Questions: So how long after recieving an interview date does one need to wait to go to the actual interview?

2. After the CSQ how long does it take to process an application for the Canadian Federal Govt.?

3. Can anyone who applied through the US share with me their timeline and personal experiences? I'm a little freaked out by the almost year delay I just learned about.

Thank you very much in advance guys !!!!

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
concorde411, most of the folks here are applying from Canada. I applied from USA on Jan 14 2010 and got my CSQ July 14, they send us a mail on May-31 that our file was complete and she should wait for decision. I think you only heard a rumor that they are processing now Feb 2010 applicants, through the years they have made so much changes to speed up the process and make it more efficient. So, dont worry you will be called for an interview as soon as they schedule an interview mission in NYC. Go to the official immigration website and try to find out what is the processing time. I am sure they have this info there!

Fallsage, why do they need finger prints? Did you send your police certificate when you applied? Sorry, but I keep forgetting are you applying from Canada or USA?

HopeVisa and rest of Aug applicants, good news are on the way to you! Usually they send you correspondence shortly after they have started processing your file.

tisu09

May 2, 2010
@ fallsage: So you already have your client ID now?
Do you guys think it is necessary to email Buffalo for enquiring or not, since they will answer with an automatic email? It has been more than 20 weeks. So frustrating :mad:

HopeVisa

Sep 18, 2010
tisu09,

Yes You r right it is very frustrating, but I believe good things will happen to us very soon. Like your application, mine reached Buffalo on August 23rd also ( same day). Yesterday I checked my status online and I was surprised to see that my account was activated and my application status shows "in process". Now I have my eyes on the mailman!!! I am expecting it won't take longer to get the mail from Buffalo with AOR+ Medical.
If you have your file number, you can check your status often and you will be greatly surprise to see a change and to feel that some ositive steps are coming.

Thanks ton40 for your support.

May the Lord be our avocate.

God bless

HopeVisa

match

Nov 3, 2010
Fallsage, just out of curiosity? Did you turn 18 yrs in Canada, and only lived in Canada since then? ie:, you were not required to send any police certificates?

Because, that was my case, and as such, I did not have to send in any police certificates. I'm just wondering if that is the reason that they want your finger prints. If so I'm likely to get that request soon as well.

HopeVisa

Sep 18, 2010
Que100,

Congratulations!!! and good luck for the rest of the process

When did they start processing your application?

HopeVisa

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Que100, Congratulation!!

If I remember correctly, you sent your application early August from Montreal. Am I right?

If so, we have similar timelines.

Hope I get mine pretty soon.

tisu09

May 2, 2010
Que100, Congratulation!
Hope we all receive good news this month.
Edit: Wow I just got the AOR and medical this morning! ;D

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
Congratulations!!!!~~~I am really jealous :p :p :p
I apply from Montreal and I sent my police certificate which I got from my country. I came to Canada when I was 25ys.
I think they ask for my fingerprints because somebody in Canada has the same name and same birthday as mine. And he/she is a criminal or sth.
At Vancouver airport, I was questioned for 1 hour for the same reason. :'( :'( :'( Until they figure out I'm not that person. :D
Anyways, I spent $45 yesterday for doing the fingerprints.

Que100, do you apply from Quebec? And when did they send your that mail? ;D

match

Nov 3, 2010
Congrats Que100 and tisu09. So glad for you and to hear that things are finally moving at Buffalo