+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal application for QUEBEC workers from Buffalo, USA

yegoo

Feb 26, 2010
To digitl, just a question, did you send your RPRF right after the meds, or you sent it with your first aplication, cuz i just did my meds last oct 4, and still waiting for the passport request, but dont know if i have to wait till then to send my RPRF o should i do it before?

And also congrats digital, i know it was a long way but it will be worth !!!

Still waiting!!!

digital

Jan 18, 2010
Hi Yegoo,

I sent my RPRF later on in the process, but before they request my passport though. So you can surely do it.

Good Luck,

ans

Star Member
Aug 14, 2010
ton40, hopefully you'll get your AOR and medicals soon enough. As for me, still no news from Buffalo... waiting... By the way, florida and digital have you mailed your passports yet?

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
glad to know ur BD was cashed ton40... how did movin go this time? Hope it be the last one!!

florida

Mar 12, 2010
hey everyone,
just a quick note: I mailed my passport to Detroit on 10/18 and received the visa on 10/25 via regular mail (!) although I had enclosed a pre-paied FedEx ... I got a sad little note that they no longer accept any currier service. Anyhow, I still got my visa, it is beautiful!!! The Detroit office is very fast and efficient. My e-case was changed to decision made when I got my visa back pretty much.

good luck!

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Congratulations , florida! I wish all of us in this thread have the same luck as you!
In the mean time I want to share that we received an email from the ministry of immigration of Quebec, they are offering us a free one year french online course. In the CSQ my husband is stated as francophone, but I am stated as non francophone. I am not sure if this has something to do with the federal process, but we received the e-mail 2 days after the check was cashed from Buffalo....

Que100

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
ton40 said:
Congratulations , florida! I wish all of us in this thread have the same luck as you!
In the mean time I want to share that we received an email from the ministry of immigration of Quebec, they are offering us a free one year french online course. In the CSQ my husband is stated as francophone, but I am stated as non francophone. I am not sure if this has something to do with the federal process, but we received the e-mail 2 days after the check was cashed from Buffalo....
ton40 it has nothing to do with the federal process. I got the mail also.

Que100

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
ton40 said:
Are you going to enroll to the course? I really want to!
I wont due to time constraint. My BD has been cashed so it seems the wait for AOR/medical will be over soon.
`

ans

Star Member
Aug 14, 2010
ton40 and Que100, do you mind sharing the details about this course? It sounds like a great idea! Is there a website I can go to? I haven't received any emails from Quebec, may be it's because I got my CSQ back in March. Otherwise it seems that things are moving in Buffalo, hope you get your AOR soon!

P.S. I was just perusing MICC website and I found out that Quebec apparently reimburses your expenses for beginner and intermediate french courses taken prior or upon receipt of CSQ not to exceed $1,500 (to be paid out upon your arrival to 'La Belle Province').

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
ans, in the e-mail they say if you are interested in the course fill out an application on this websitehttps://www.francisationenligne.gouv.qc.ca/
Basically, you will need only 6 hours per week for the course as well as good internet connection, camera and microphone. While they teach you french they also teach you about Quebec province. I have no time right now to check it out, but I would love to enroll in it.
And yes, I also knew that if you are a CSQ holder and take some levels in Aliance Francais , Quebec will reimburse you ;D

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Hey guys,

First of all wish to say congrats to new PR holder. So, yeah congrats florida & digital ! It must be a real relief... and moment of joy all at once. To the remained of us that are still enrolled to what I call "Patience" master degree I think we will be graduating soon.. :)

I will try to check with bank to know whether my BD waas cashed too... but yes i too received the invitation email from MICC despite being francophone and teaching French to public servants. So, I think it doesn't matter whatever level you're at really and even without login you can access exams , comprehension/reading, audio component to practice at all level. When you login though you can even get a tutor and info about quebec culture, society... this is a unique tool for many who want to get ahead and learn a bit beforehand.