+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal application for QUEBEC workers from Buffalo, USA

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
I know that they also are issuing visas, my friend gets his tourist visa from there. I am supposing that different consulates cover different states and the state mtl_guy lives is under the LA office. Buffalo deals with too much work with all kind of different immigration programs, they probably cant handle to issue every visa request, so they spread them to the the consulate that covers your area. As I said this is only a guess. :p :p :p
Guys, I am very afraid of the needle for the blood test, but I cant wait to get it done, so I hope they send us the medicals sooooooon!

ans

Star Member
Aug 14, 2010
florida said:
Hey people!~
I got an email yesterday from Detroit where my file was transferred to. They are ready to issue my visa and are kindly asking me to send them my passport! Very happy!
wishing you all good luck, the feeling is great!
Congratulations, florida!!! That's some good news! I am so excited for you! Told you they transferred your case to expedite it! Good luck with getting your visa! Do you mind telling us what's in the passport request? I know they ask for additional pictures, but that's about it.

For me, no news from Buffalo yet. I assume they decided not to transfer my case to any other office for some reason. So still waiting... patiently...

ton40, don't be afraid, that's just a needle, and it's only a couple of seconds anyway. Hope you get your medicals soon.

Good luck to everyone!

florida

Mar 12, 2010
Hey guys,
the passport request was a generic letter in a PDF attachment - 4 pages. It says my application is ready for visa issuance and I should send my passport; they advice me that my visa will be valid for 12 months since the day of the medicals; also that only the assigned office can issue the visa and that I should have a valid address in the USA for the return. Also if i got married/divorced, had children or any other change - i shouldn't send them the passport, but update them on my situation; There is one page to fill in with generic info - name, hight and eye color. They request 2 photos and say those are the photos to be used to produce the actual PR card. And the last thing is mailing instructions: the Detroit office offers regular US mail, priority mail or FedEx. The only courier they work with is FedEx;

Just for reference my case is pretty straight forward, maybe that's why it got expedited. I sent them both FBI and home country police certificates, I send them application fee and permanent resident fee together with the application. I am 23 and have little life to account for really... Haven't moved around too much, I'm single and have no children. I was simple.

Good luck to you all, my observation is that they follow the time frames on the websites.
It will be a tropical Christmas for me and then ... the big move! wish me luck
:p

digital

Jan 18, 2010
Hi Florida,

Congratulations for your passport request. I am happy for you!

Would u know if your degree is in the priority list (list of prefered area of training) for CSQ?

Good luck for every thing,

Thx,

Eng_Mtl

Jun 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2017
Nomination.....
SA Email March 19, 2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
Med's Request
07-03-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
florida said:
Hey,
my degree was not among the preferred ...

Hello Florida,

Can you tell me when did you submit your FBI clearance certificate ? I am waiting on that, everything else in my PR application is ready for shipment :)

Ohh I am also quebec selected candidate.

ciao

yegoo

Feb 26, 2010
Hi all I'm in the same boat
Let me join your party too !!!
I have sent the documents to Buffalo
My timeline:
Mailed to Buffalo: July 13 2010, Fee cashed Aug 26 2010, AOR send 24 Sep 2010.
AOR recived: Oct 1, 2010
Medicals done : Oct 4, 2010

And Waiting !!!!!

No news yet, and congrats to all you guys, I live in Montreal if you have any question just ask me, I will glad to help you!

The best fo luck!!!

digital

Jan 18, 2010
Dear all,

It is with joy and happiness that i read the e-mail from buffalo today requested my passport for visa issuance.

I applied in june 14,2010( receipt date), got aor and medicals on sept 3sept,2010( letter dated sep1,2010), did my medicals on sept9,2010, and was received at ottawa on sep21,2010. Today, october 21,2010, i got the e-mail I have been waiting for my all life requesting my passport. I am thankful to God and also thankful to you all in here who have allowed us to gain valuable information on this process. I wish you all luck in evrything.

A message of of hope and encouragement: Don't think too much, dont loose hope, have faith in God, and be patient. You will all have it in his time.

If you got any question, please feel free to holla.

Y'a all have a great day and might Our Lord, the Almighty, bless you all as well.

Thanks,

digital

Jan 18, 2010
I forgot to mention that my RPRF was cahsed by them on october 18,2010, it was only received by them on october 12,2010.

Thanks,

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations Digital! That has to be the greatest news ever. Wishing you continued success in your journey to Canada.

Also, I appreciate the message of encouragement for others.

vbomb

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
1122 business management consultant
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
07-SEP-2010
Nomination.....
23-MAR-2010
AOR Received.
01-SEP-2010
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
01-SEP-2010
Med's Done....
17-AUG-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-MAR-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-APR-2011
LANDED..........
19-APR-2011
Is there a different process for Quebec Provincial nominees? This is faster than all other provinces!

Congrats Florida, very happy that Buffalo is sending out PPR. My medicals reaches Ottawa Sep 2nd...so hopefully I'll get PPR fast

V

ans

Star Member
Aug 14, 2010
Glad to hear your news, digital! Things seem to be moving in Buffalo, hope I get mine soon as well.

All the best to you!

yegoo

Feb 26, 2010
Hey guys, I just called ottawa to see if they have already my meds, but the lady who answered me wasn't polite the all, she said that i was calling a not public phone number, that i must contact buffalo by email, and ask them all about my process just by email.

just asking if someone else has spoken to ottawa and ask about their meds?

Still waiting...

Have a great week!!

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Congrats, digital! That makes me really excited! Ans, you are the last june applicant from this thread and I wish you receive the passport request SOON!!!
As for me, no AOR , no medicals yet...