Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
AOR Received.
for CSQ: 13-12-2010
ooops. sorry, my bad, yes its $50 plus with all the CD's, $17 is just the book. THANKS

florida

Mar 12, 2010
Got an e-mail yesterday saying that they transferred my file to the Detroit office. I don't know what to think of it. Ans, anything from you?

ans

Star Member
Aug 14, 2010
florida said:
Got an e-mail yesterday saying that they transferred my file to the Detroit office. I don't know what to think of it. Ans, anything from you?
It's all good, they do that to expedite processing. Have your e-cas status changed? Do you know if they received your medical results?

Good luck to you! I hope I hear something from them soon too.

digital

Jan 18, 2010
True Ans,

Do you know when your medical reached ottawa. mine is 21sep. applied june 14(date of receipt)

Thx

ans

Star Member
Aug 14, 2010
My medical results reached Ottawa on Sep.15 so we are in the same boat pretty much.

florida

Mar 12, 2010
Hey,
My e-case status is still the same: "In Process"; I assume they have received my medicals because the clinic gave me a fedex tracking number and it reached Ottawa September 17; Will keep you guys updated on my case! Hope I get my visa soon

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Florida, you might be the first one with passport request. I think transferring to Detroit is a good sign. At least we all know that since medicals reached Ottawa things are happening faster. Hope ans and digital hear something soon too!
As for our case, went to the bank today, but the check is not cashed yet. Anyways, we are very still patient and calm :)))))))))

Mtl_guy

Oct 6, 2010
Hey all!

Looks like you all have a pretty good thread going here so I thought I would join to get in on the action.

Here are my stats:
PEQ applicant (moved to Montreal from US 3 years ago on study and then work permits),
it took 2 weeks to get my CSQ back in April/May;
Federal application submitted 20 May, AOR and check cashed 6 July;
Medicals done and submitted 9 July;
Email received notifying that case was transferred to the Los Angeles office 28 September.

I have read a lot of hearsay about what it means to have a file sent to a consulate but wanted to know if anyone else out there has had their file sent to the LA office? If so, does anyone know what that could mean in terms of processing time? My e-Cas only indicates that my file is both "In Process" and has been sent to the Los Angeles office as of last week.

Always nice to hear from others who are also in a perpetual state of impatience!

firasj78

Star Member
Aug 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/10/2010
Doc's Request.
no
Nomination.....
14/06/2010
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
to detroit 13/10/2011
Med's Request
28/03/2011
Med's Done....
14/05/2011
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
16/01/2012
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2012
LANDED..........
18/02/2012
I am ready to sent my application to buffalo next week.
The only problem I have is that I have a Green card here in the US.
I am going to stay in US, however i may move to canada in the future.
I already had my CSQ.
What is your imut on that.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
I'm joining the gang too... THKS to ton40 for the invitation!! I think it was the best invvitation i had so far... looking forward to see all of us sharing good good news.

Anyhow, my timeline is:
Appl'd to MICC: Jan 22, 2010
Rec"d CSQ on: Aug 24

Appl'd to Buff: Aug 27
Rec"d appl'n: Sept 07
Med done on: Oct 04 should be rec'd in Ottawa by next Wed. at most

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Welcome everyone! Glad to see more of us hanging on the same branch ;D

firasj78, If your intention is to stay in the US then stay, If I had same intention I would not spend the extra $$$ on getting the canadian permanent residence.

Mtl_guy, I dont really know what that means, but I have the feeling that they are finalizing the procedure and they are getting ready to issue your visa. A friend of mine applied for a tourist visa for Canada in the LA office and they proceeded it very quick.

ae03yy, Good to see you here and thanks for joining! ;) What will happen when Ottawa receives your medicals, since you dont have your file number yet?

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Well, normally they will process the info in the system and wait... So, those who do med by anticipation are to request file # from DMP and tracking no as well so upon receivin AOR they caan call Ottawa and provide # so that Ottawa be able to successfully forward every thing to Buffalo. Many applicants, in Federaal processes and CEC and in QSW did it before and got no issue. Now about the form, you should find a DMP who has blank form

For me it ewas even easier because I may not have AOR but I got work permit and it bares Client ID, so the DMP wrote it on the form where it say s FOSS... so i dont need to get AOR now as the FOSS system will find the AOR and match it as soon as results reach Ottawa.

I still wanna contact Ottawa though to double check when ill have my AOR. hope it helps

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
Hello guys, I tried accessing ECAS earlier today and all my info is gone: There re jjusr showing my name online, but even my address is gone, so i cant modify or see anything.... weird eh? whats going on really. Is it good or bad news... i last accessed it on Sunday, i think.

ans

Star Member
Aug 14, 2010
Welcome to everyone.

eCas is known for its bugs, so I wouldn't worry too much.

My medicals were received by the Buffalo office, although I am not sure exactly when. It took Ottawa less than three weeks to forward all the info to Buffalo. Waiting... Again...

digital

Jan 18, 2010
Hi ans,

Glad to know that information, how did you find out? from e-cas ? or an e-mail inquiry to buffalo office?

Thanks,