+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal application for QUEBEC workers from Buffalo, USA

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Let me tell you what we did. We sent a letter from employer, last pay stubs and visa extensions. In the letter our employer mentioned that we are hired on H2B visa, the dates we started, the weekly hours, salary, duties and I dont remember what else.
Good luck!

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Fed applicants,

For those who immediately applied to Buffalo after getting your csq, when did you start working on your police reports? Did you have a particular strategy so that they were still valid at the time of fed application?

If I do get CSQ, I don't want to wait an additional 3 months for police reports.

Please advise.

Thanks, Q

ans

Star Member
Aug 14, 2010
quebechopefull said:
Hi Fed applicants,

For those who immediately applied to Buffalo after getting your csq, when did you start working on your police reports? Did you have a particular strategy so that they were still valid at the time of fed application?

If I do get CSQ, I don't want to wait an additional 3 months for police reports.

Please advise.

Thanks, Q
FBI certificate is the hardest one to get. It takes two to three months. So technically if you need one you should aim at getting your CSQ and applying to Buffalo within 5-6 months from the date when you send your request to the FBI. So if I were you I would wait at least a couple of months after getting AOR from Montreal, a good time to start might be when you get your 'application complete' letter.

ans

Star Member
Aug 14, 2010
By the way, any news about the medicals? Florida, do you know when your package reached Ottawa? Our results have been there for a week now, haven't heard anything of course. Too early. Will keep you updated.

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks ans for your response! Trying to cut down "wait time" as much as possible. I think all of us with acquire the virtue of patience after this long journey.

florida

Mar 12, 2010
Ans -
my medical results were received in Ottawa on 9/17. My online status is still "In Process" and haven't heard anything from them. Too soon though ... ;D Let's give them a month or two
will keep you posted

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Hey guys! Does the doctor say if they indicate medical condition you didnt know about? And after it reaches Ottawa what happens next? Passport request?

florida

Mar 12, 2010
My understanding is that if there is something wrong with you they will call you for additional exams before they send it to Ottawa. They only send them to Ottawa if everything is in order. After medicals - passport request, yes!! Or so I hope LOL

dwhnow

Mar 1, 2010
i have also applied for quebec .it has been almost 1.5 month now.till now neither my credit card is charged nor do have any letter from quebec.
what should i do??
is it normal?

plz help me

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dwhnow said:
i have also applied for quebec .it has been almost 1.5 month now.till now neither my credit card is charged nor do have any letter from quebec.
what should i do??
is it normal?

plz help me
Please don't freak out. It is very normal for them to take that long. As per my timeline, it took them 7 weeks to charge my credit card. As soon as your cc is charged, expect to receive your AOR within days.

nmdgreen

Star Member
Mar 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
AOR Received.
for CSQ: 13-12-2010
OT:

can you guys recommend any French language book for beginners?

thanks.

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
no, still nothing. on the 12th of Oct will be exactly 2 months since they received our application. I hope you guys come with some good news soon!

ton40

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
nmgreen,

I used Ultimate French from beginner to intermediate by Living Language. I like it, its really good, lots of cds, good practice exercises and grammar. You can buy it online for about $50-60. Hope it helps.

nmdgreen

Star Member
Mar 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
AOR Received.
for CSQ: 13-12-2010
ton40 said:
nmgreen,

I used Ultimate French from beginner to intermediate by Living Language. I like it, its really good, lots of cds, good practice exercises and grammar. You can buy it online for about $50-60. Hope it helps.
wow. Thanks. That's the book that actually on the top of my list because of good reviews online. Thank you.
But its only $17 from Barnes and Noble. Hmm.

is this the one that you are talking about http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Ultimate-French-Beginner-Intermediate/Living-Language/e/9781400009633/?itm=1&USRI=ultimate+french+beginner+intermediate+bk or something else?

thanks.