11-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
21-Nov-2011
Passport Req..
26-April-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-May-2013 (Recvd PPts)
I have a question on proof of funds:

I received my CSQ, and is in the process of applying for the federal. If everything goes well and we receive the PR, we plan to settle in Montreal.

My question is: whats the minimum amount I have to show as proof of funds if landing in Quebec (via road)?

In the application form for CSQ, I had to state and sign that I will have around 4600 CAD to support myself and my spouse for the first three months. Is 4600 CAD sufficient amount to show at the Quebec border?

Thanks for your help.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
then your minimum is $4600 if they ask.

biochemgal09

Mar 25, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2011
AOR Received.
11-Nov-2011
Med's Request
11-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
21-Nov-2011
Passport Req..
26-April-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-May-2013 (Recvd PPts)

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
no passport for me yet... pals
I went to the embassy today after hearing they received passports yesterday afternoon.. only to hear we got many passports but not yours. You should receive yours in the next few weeks. Afer telling them what exactly I'm facing, i decided to ask my dad who just returned from Cote d'Ivoire to fight for them to issue the passport, asap. I have 2 weeks left here on current WP and my employer who first was willing to file LMO sufddenly decided otherwise. He even was thinking of promoting me but now that he knows my days are numbered gave the position to s.o. else.

I can't blame him because i know he needs to run his business, i can't blame the embassy because everyone do make mistakes, I can't blame the thieft cause he obbviously didn't know my pp was in the bag and don't know what I'm facing since that incident. I cannot even blame myself for being the victime of circomptances.

Yet, i stand still and am going to work everyday knowing there's a reason with everything and God knows!

wcikkk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ae03yy said:
no passport for me yet... pals
I went to the embassy today after hearing they received passports yesterday afternoon.. only to hear we got many passports but not yours. You should receive yours in the next few weeks. Afer telling them what exactly I'm facing, i decided to ask my dad who just returned from Cote d'Ivoire to fight for them to issue the passport, asap. I have 2 weeks left here on current WP and my employer who first was willing to file LMO sufddenly decided otherwise. He even was thinking of promoting me but now that he knows my days are numbered gave the position to s.o. else.

I can't blame him because i know he needs to run his business, i can't blame the embassy because everyone do make mistakes, I can't blame the thieft cause he obbviously didn't know my pp was in the bag and don't know what I'm facing since that incident. I cannot even blame myself for being the victime of circomptances.

Yet, i stand still and am going to work everyday knowing there's a reason with everything and God knows!
Cheer up!!

You've been helping out a lot of people on this thread.

I believe God will sort out everything for you.

I will pray for you. You will hear good news soon.

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
@ae03yy ,

Keep hope alive, fella !
As you said, God knows why everything happens.
My prayers are on your case.

Have a nice day, ae03yy.

Nkusi.

fairooz

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hang in there ae03yy! As wcikkk said, you've been of such help to so many people! There's no way a good soul like yours will go unrewarded for the faith that you've shown and continue to show! You are in my prayers and I'm sure you will get your miracle, just as you have always had faith that you would!

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
Hello, fellas

I am sending my RPRF (right to permanent residence fee) today or tomorrow.
Last time (paying my application fee) I used a certified cheque from "Caisse Dejardins" , and could not track it afterward (their system does not have this functionality). Now, I want to change the bank, so that I can know when my cheque gets cashed .

Can anyone suggest a good bank for that ? In my city, I have TD Canada Trust , CIBC and RBC .

Thanks in advance.

Nkusi.

biochemgal09

Mar 25, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2011
AOR Received.
11-Nov-2011
Med's Request
11-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
21-Nov-2011
Passport Req..
26-April-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-May-2013 (Recvd PPts)
AEO3YY, hang in there, everything is going to be alright. I wish you the best

fallsage

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
aeoy03, we are all supporting you! FINGERS CROSSED FOR YOU!

nkusi, I used TD bank. You can check if your money order is cashed at the bank or by phone.

I sent my request of CAIPS yesterday. I hope there will be some new info.

tisu09

May 2, 2010
@ nkusi:
I used TD. You can come to any branch, they will be able to check if the cheque is cashed. You can phone to check too. The first time I talked with a customer service guy, no prob. The second time I phoned, another guy was not willing to do it for me until I said that I did it before.
Hope this helps.

nkusi said:
Hello, fellas

I am sending my RPRF (right to permanent residence fee) today or tomorrow.
Last time (paying my application fee) I used a certified cheque from "Caisse Dejardins" , and could not track it afterward (their system does not have this functionality). Now, I want to change the bank, so that I can know when my cheque gets cashed .

Can anyone suggest a good bank for that ? In my city, I have TD Canada Trust , CIBC and RBC .

Thanks in advance.

Nkusi.

match

Nov 3, 2010
ae03yy, hang in there, buddy! you WILL get good news soon! Also, I hope you looked into the Implicit Status. I think it will be useful in your case.

Sorry I've been MIA for a while. I've heard nothing at all from Buffalo, and I feel like checking this thread constantly only makes me more impatient (but I still can't help it sometimes! lol).

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
thks all of u for praying. It's really appreciated! Thks for your supportive words. My dad went first thing thim AM to the passport office back home and in 1/2 day my passport is ready. They will be mailing it using dhl services and hopefully I'll have my pp next week... this is not only reassuring for my family and me but also will allow me to move on/look ahead from the robbery back in November.

@nkusi,
proceed w/ TD cause many ppl get to know the status of BD without difficulties. if i was to try again i'll go with them too or maybe w/ RBC :)

@match,
I do not want to get my papers by using the system or cheating, regardless of the risk. Holiness is a price for my relationship with my Lord and God to be maintain. I did many silly things in the past some I should be ashamed of,so now I know for sure this word to be true: "Lo, I amm with you till the end." "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto thine own understanding..."

thks guys once more and may God strengthen us all by bringing peace to our troubled heart

biochemgal09

Mar 25, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-July-2011
AOR Received.
11-Nov-2011
Med's Request
11-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
21-Nov-2011
Passport Req..
26-April-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-May-2013 (Recvd PPts)
Way to go friend. Glad to know that your passport is on its way :)

nkusi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
14 March 2011
Med's Request
14 March 2011
Med's Done....
21 March 2011
Passport Req..
6 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
15 September 2011
LANDED..........
25 September 2011
@ ae03yy ,

Glad to know your passport issue is on the right move now.
BTW, I love your faith !!

@ all ,
thanks for the suggestion, TD seems to be the best.

Have a nice weekend , fella.

Nkusi