20-08-2023
Ready for visa email received - Apr 3
Further updates after RFV:

Ready for visa email received - Apr 3, 2024
Passport sent to Case Processing Centre Ottowa via FedEx- Apr 20, 2024
Passport delivered to CPCO via FedEx - Apr 22, 2024
Final decision approved on GC Key with counterfoil details - Apr 25, 2024
Passport with visa and COPR received - Apr 29, 2024

Thank you to everyone on this forum and thread for being helpful.

rahuldewantrv

Star Member
May 9, 2023
@rahuldewantrv @r_a I am able to create account today:
AOR -6th Feb
BIL-18th April
Tracker indicates, BIO- Completed, Medical - Completed, Background- in Progress, Eligibility- Not started

Assuming approx 10-15 days for background check ?
I heard it’s based on the PVO , what they do first . 4 weeks from BIO typically what I have seen . I haven’t yet called in to check my PVO yet

Reactions: shubham3582

Fluxyn

Feb 2, 2024
FEB 22 AOR. I got BIL today
I got my Biometrics done today. I tried doing walk in at Kitchener where I say but I was told that I couldn't.
Big Thanks to the person that informed us about Hamilton. I can confirm that the Service Canada at Hamilton (Upper James) people were super nice and I got my biometrics done in less than 10 minutes without appointment. Very welcoming environment from the security to everyone who attended to us. PS if you can find your way to Hamilton then you will get it done as Walk in.

I am also able to create an account on the tracker immediately after getting my biometrics done

Last edited:

JollyRancher

Apr 29, 2024
Got my biometrics done at College Street Service Canada.. Reached there at 8:15, no long lineup.. quick 10-15 mins in and out. Without any hassle and no appointment required for biometrics, super friendly staff. Thanks @shubham3582

Reactions: shubham3582

rgoud

Jan 2, 2024
I am loosing my patience after waiting for almost 3 months and nothing chnaged from submitted state in my application.
STEM CEC 8th Dec 2023 Draw
AOR - 2nd Feb 2024

Anyone in the same scenario. I see most of them got biometrics request after my AOR date too.

rahuldewantrv

Star Member
May 9, 2023
I am loosing my patience after waiting for almost 3 months and nothing chnaged from submitted state in my application.
AOR - 2nd Feb 2024

Anyone in the same scenario. I see most of them got biometrics request after my AOR date too.
Have you tried calling IRCC?

JollyRancher

Apr 29, 2024
AOR - 2nd Feb 2024

I can understand that this is frustrating, at this point of time I would recommend you to wait till the end of next week and then take any action because calling IRCC won’t change anything. Agent will say it is under normal processing time. However, if you want to call then there is no harm too.

smoha5

May 1, 2024
Hello everyone,
I hope y'all are doing well.
Here's my timeline, and my question. Please see if someone has the same PR experience as mine.

29-NOV-2023 - OINP nomination accepted
06-DEC-2023 - ITA issued (STEM)
04-FEB-2024 - AOR
09-MAR-2024 - MEDICAL complete ((upfront medical done and sent details to IRCC, status updated in the tracker)
BIOMETRICS - In progress
(I am working in Canada on a work permit and per the IRCC status tool https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/termsAndConditions?&lang=en, my work permit is valid for 10 years). So, a bit confused as to why the tracker is displaying as in progress.
Background verification - In progress
Eligibility - Not started.

Has someone on a work permit received any additional requests for biometrics while their existing one is still valid?
What is the tentative timeline for background verification completion?