+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2023 Outland Spousal Sponsorship

Dia Sharma

Mar 17, 2023
Good news for Feb'23 Outland applicants. Another applicant's processing time raises the bar with 5 months and PPR is in!!!
PA was in India. Here's a timeline from facebook group:

It’s my turn to update
Timeline for Spousal PR Outland (NDVO)
Applied : 4th Feb 2023
Biometrics request : 22nd March
Biometrics given: 28th March
Biometrics completed on tracker: 29th March
Sponsor Eligibility passed: 23rd March
Medical request: 23rd March
Medical Given: 25th March
Medical completed on tracker : 1st April
Background updated as in progress: 19th April
Eligibility in progress : 3rd May
Eligibility completed on tracker: 19th May
Pre arrival services received 20th May
COPR and PPR Received 14th June
NDVO means

R_Trikha

Jun 2, 2023
Hello All, I have a question regarding TRV for Spouse, Anyone who recently applied for the TRV since the news from the Immigration Minister. What are the key points while applying the TRV? I have applied already for the Spousal Sponsorship by myself.

1. Did you guys applied under the length of Stay as less than 6 months or more than 6 months Visa, under the TRV Visa Category.
2. And, In the letter of Invitation what did you mention regarding the Sponsorship ?
3. Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter -- What did you mention in the letter of Support? as it asks for both letter of Support and Banks statements.
4. And, Did anyone provided the letter of explanation? I will paste the link as a reference and explain why we are applying for the TRV (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2023/05/canada-is-reuniting-loved-ones-through-new-immigration-measures-new-measures-also-address-labour-shortages-in-canada.html)

I understand its a lot of Questions, but I would really appreciate if someone would be able to answer these questions as it's new under this category so wanted to be sure before I apply.
I wanted to give it a try after the news came out as my timeline for the Spousal Sponsorship Application is still under progress.

Timeline:
Application Submitted: Feb 9, 2023
AOR: March 28, 2023
Biometrics Request: April 5, 2023
Biometrics Completed: April 11, 2023
Sponsorship Approval: April 6, 2023
Medical Requested: April 7, 2023
Medical Approved: April 12, 2023
Background Started: April 19, 2023 (still in progress)
Eligibility Started: Not Started

Visa Office: CPC Sydney (It didn't specifically mentioned any visa office but I am assuming its Sydney as its mentioned on the S.A )

Thanks for Reading.

I have a update about the TRV, Since I wasn't able to find much on TRV from the group I filed the TRV by myself and provided as much information I could in the application and provided a letter of explanation along with it, to the success the visa was granted within a week. They are approving it fast for Spouse TRV application

Applied on 7 June
Final Decision/ Passport Request -13 June

Reactions: steyn007

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
I have a update about the TRV, Since I wasn't able to find much on TRV from the group I filed the TRV by myself and provided as much information I could in the application and provided a letter of explanation along with it, to the success the visa was granted within a week. They are approving it fast for Spouse TRV application

Applied on 7 June
Final Decision/ Passport Request -13 June
Firstly congrats!!! You got it in 1 week!!!!!!
Secondly, what stage is your Spousal PR in currently? Have you got AOR, SA, Passed your medicals, Eligibility/BG passed etc etc?
Thirdly - can you pls share with us if you provided any details or tried to confirm the officer that your spouse will RETURN back to home after the validity of the TRV.

R_Trikha

Jun 2, 2023
Firstly congrats!!! You got it in 1 week!!!!!!
Secondly, what stage is your Spousal PR in currently? Have you got AOR, SA, Passed your medicals, Eligibility/BG passed etc etc?
Thirdly - can you pls share with us if you provided any details or tried to confirm the officer that your spouse will RETURN back to home after the validity of the TRV.
Thank you. I added the timeline in my previous question, So I am posting it again.

In the letter of Invitation I followed the instructions from IRCC website link (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/letter-invitation.html) , I wrote due to my commitments to my business/work I won't be able to visit her and I wanted to invite my spouse to Canada for 6 months and provided the month of Arrival and Departure and I also mentioned the status of sponsorship application along with the file number and Same for the Letter (Purpose of Visit) its from P.A that reason for visit is to meet my spouse as its taking very long for sponsorship approval and wish to celebrate our anniversary and birthday's together but I didn't specifically tried to convince the officer about the return to home country after the validity of visa.

But I guess the most important for me was Letter of Explanation, Where I wrote that reason for applying the TRV is that in December 16th 2022 Prime Minister asked the Immigration minister to deliver on number of commitments one of which was to work on family reunification.
And, Secondly mentioned that acting on these guidelines, Immigration minister announced the measure on family reunification on May 26th, 2023 about the faster TRV processing times for spousal applicants and in the footer I provided the links of the news for reference. I hope this helps. I can share the whole letter if someone likes to read it.

Harsh93

Jan 12, 2023
Thank you. I added the timeline in my previous question, So I am posting it again.

In the letter of Invitation I followed the instructions from IRCC website link (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/letter-invitation.html) , I wrote due to my commitments to my business/work I won't be able to visit her and I wanted to invite my spouse to Canada for 6 months and provided the month of Arrival and Departure and I also mentioned the status of sponsorship application along with the file number and Same for the Letter (Purpose of Visit) its from P.A that reason for visit is to meet my spouse as its taking very long for sponsorship approval and wish to celebrate our anniversary and birthday's together but I didn't specifically tried to convince the officer about the return to home country after the validity of visa.

But I guess the most important for me was Letter of Explanation, Where I wrote that reason for applying the TRV is that in December 16th 2022 Prime Minister asked the Immigration minister to deliver on number of commitments one of which was to work on family reunification.
And, Secondly mentioned that acting on these guidelines, Immigration minister announced the measure on family reunification on May 26th, 2023 about the faster TRV processing times for spousal applicants and in the footer I provided the links of the news for reference. I hope this helps. I can share the whole letter if someone likes to read it.
Hello can you share me the letter please if you don’t mind. I have applied for spousal PR and wanted to apply for TRV once I receive the AOR

steyn007

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015

Thanks for updating this.Really appreciate it.

Reactions: R_Trikha

Matkz

Jun 19, 2023

Hi,
Pleae share the complete letter.
Thanks

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013

Thank you for providing the timeline again. Really helps in putting the whole picture together.

Would appreciate if you are able to share the letter, perhaps on google doc - or simply cut and paste here (deleting the personal info etc).

R_Trikha

Jun 2, 2023
Please see below the Sample letter of Explanation format, I Couldn't find the option to upload a word format so posting the whole letter as a comment. Hope it helps you all to be reunited with your spouses faster.

Name(UCI: xxxx-xxxx) (Sponsor)
Address
address
Phone
email

Subject: Letter of Explanation

Dear Officer,
I am writing you this letter to explain some points that might have caught your attention when considering the application for Temporary Resident Visa for my spouse. Please find the explanations below:

In his letter dated December 16, 2021, titled “Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Mandate Letter” Prime Minister Hon. Justin Trudeau, asked Immigration minister to deliver on a
number of commitments, one of which was
  • Work to strengthen family reunification by introducing electronic applications for family reunification and implementing a program to issue temporary resident status to spouses and children abroad while they wait for the processing of their permanent residency application

Acting on these guidelines, Immigration Minister and IRCC “announced new measures to strengthen
family reunification” on May 26, 2023, including
  • faster temporary resident visa (TRV) processing times for spousal applicants
  • new and dedicated processing tools for spousal TRV applicants

encouraging spousal applicants that are waiting for a decision on their Permanent Resident application processing to apply for TRV to help families reunite more quickly and easily.

I believe I have provided all necessary and required documentation regarding the application. I am of course at your disposal to provide you with any additional documents that you deem useful for the processing of this TRV application.

Thank you in advance for the time devoted to the treatment of this application.

(Sign)
Name
City
Date

References:
1. https://pm.gc.ca/en/mandate-letters/2021/12/16/minister-immigration-refugees-and-citizenship-mandate-letter#main-content
2. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2023/05/canada-is-reuniting-loved-ones-through-new-immigration-measures-new-measures-also-address-labour-shortages-in-canada.html

skz360

Jun 14, 2023
Outland Spousal
Immigration Consultant

VO: London

Sponsor: Canadian citizen
PA: Pakistani
Submitted: Jan 11th
Returned: Feb 1st (glitch - app went to wrong office)
Submitted New App: Feb 2nd
AOR: Mar 21st
ADR: Mar 21st (submitted and received on same day)
Biometrics Request: Mar 22nd
SA: Mar 23rd
Biometrics done: Mar 31st
Biometrics showing “completed” on tracker: June 12th
Medical request - Not started
Eligibility - Not started
Background verification (in progress)

Spousal TRV (family reunification)
DIY

VO: Abu Dhabi

Submitted: Jun 2nd
Received: Jun 2nd
Biometrics shown “completed” from TRV: Jun 19
Eligibiity: Not started
BGC “In progress” - Jun 2nd

Sujmon

Jul 7, 2023
Please see below the Sample letter of Explanation format, I Couldn't find the option to upload a word format so posting the whole letter as a comment. Hope it helps you all to be reunited with your spouses faster.

Address
address
Phone
email

Dear Officer,
I am writing you this letter to explain some points that might have caught your attention when considering the application for Temporary Resident Visa for my spouse. Please find the explanations below:

In his letter dated December 16, 2021, titled “Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Mandate Letter” Prime Minister Hon. Justin Trudeau, asked Immigration minister to deliver on a
  • Work to strengthen family reunification by introducing electronic applications for family reunification and implementing a program to issue temporary resident status to spouses and children abroad while they wait for the processing of their permanent residency application

Acting on these guidelines, Immigration Minister and IRCC “announced new measures to strengthen

encouraging spousal applicants that are waiting for a decision on their Permanent Resident application processing to apply for TRV to help families reunite more quickly and easily.

I believe I have provided all necessary and required documentation regarding the application. I am of course at your disposal to provide you with any additional documents that you deem useful for the processing of this TRV application.

(Sign)
Name
City
Date

References:
1. https://pm.gc.ca/en/mandate-letters/2021/12/16/minister-immigration-refugees-and-citizenship-mandate-letter#main-content
2. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2023/05/canada-is-reuniting-loved-ones-through-new-immigration-measures-new-measures-also-address-labour-shortages-in-canada.html

Hi, thank you for sharing the letter and sharing your timeline. I have applied for spousal PR for my wife and we have received an AOR, I am planning to apply for a TRV. I had a couple of questions;

1. How much money do you need to show in the account when applying for a TRV?
2. Did you show anything specific to show ties to your home country?

Thanks

limahong

Jul 6, 2023
Outland Application - Spousal PR
Sponsor (Citizen) in Canada
Applicant (Spouse) in Manila PH

Application Sent : Feb 13, 2023

Aor : Mar 22, 2023
Sponsor Approval : Apr 2023
Bio Complete : April 11, 2023
Medical Complete : May 11, 2023
BG Check : Ircc (in progress) // Gckey (not applicable)
Eligibility : Ircc (not started) // Gckey (reviewing)
Ghost Update : June 8, 2023
CPC Sydney

No update for a month. Is this normal?

R_Trikha

Jun 2, 2023
Hi, thank you for sharing the letter and sharing your timeline. I have applied for spousal PR for my wife and we have received an AOR, I am planning to apply for a TRV. I had a couple of questions;

1. How much money do you need to show in the account when applying for a TRV?
2. Did you show anything specific to show ties to your home country?

Thanks
Hi,
1. I mentioned $20K in the application that is available for the visit duration and showed quite sufficient amount in my Bank Statements and also added my Investment portfolio of Questrade so I had them believe that I had more than the required money for the duration of Visit
2. No, I didn't. Actually I mentioned more about the reason of visit.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013

Address
address
Phone
email

Dear Officer,

(Sign)
Name
City
Date

References:
You know...most just talk here and come here to get answers for their problems. There are only few who will go to this length to selflessly open, share and provide answers to solve other's problem. You are one of them. God Bless you!