Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicode IRCC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Mar 4,2021
what does 2nd AOR mean?
Normally AOR2 will be sent from the local VO and means your file has been actually transferred to the VO that mentioned in your SA approval letter. glynfranz is right. Not all VO will sent AOR2, but from the recent processing pattern in Hong Kong VO AOR2 is quite an important milestone for us because most of the applications will be processed and can get a result within a month after AOR2. So it really depends on the country of your PA. We were worried is that lots of applicants submitted on April already got theirs and have DM last 2 months from the same VO. I think no matter what kind of situation, webform/calling is probably the only way you can communicate with them. If I feel something is not right, I would do anything to check with them instead of waiting.

glynfranz

Feb 24, 2012
Spousal Sponsorship (Outland)/ Manila VO
Sponsor - Canada (Canadian Citizen)
Principal Applicant - Philippines
Submitted: Feb 22, 2023
AOR: April 07, 2023
Biometrics: Done from previous TRV rejection
Sponsor Approval: May 10, 2023
Medical Request: May 11, 2023
Medical Completed: May 31, 2023
Eligibility completed: October 16, 2023
Pre-arrival services: October 17, 2023
Background Check completed: October 20, 2023
COPR visible in tracker: October 23, 2023
PPR: October 31, 2023

8 months and 8 days processing after initial submission!
This forum had been a great help throughout my application. Thank you everyone and I hope you'll receive positive news on your applications soon!

Lucky4life

Feb 24, 2023
Hi everyone,

I am looking to apply for TRV. For those who have applied, as we are considered dual intent (PR +TRV), how were you able to prove the category purpose of travel- other. I believe the requirement is a return ticket, itinerary, proof of medical appointment. Did you actually purchase a return ticket? And which category did you apply for < 6 months or > 6 months?

Also, did you purchase the departure ticket prior to trv approval? It seems risky especially with the processing times right now.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2023
Spousal Sponsorship (Outland)
Principal Applicant - Egypt
Submitted: Feb 1st, 2023
AOR: May 11th, 2023
Biometrics: 4th June 2023
Background Check: In progress since Sept 9th
Eligibility: Not started
Sponsor Approval: June 2nd, 2023
Medical Request: July 20th, 2023
Medical Completed: August 6th, 2023

Also Applied for TRV August 11th
Nothing new ever since
Any Advices

Lucky4life

Feb 24, 2023
Spousal Sponsorship (Outland)
Principal Applicant - Egypt
Submitted: Feb 1st, 2023
AOR: May 11th, 2023
Biometrics: 4th June 2023
Background Check: In progress since Sept 9th
Eligibility: Not started
Sponsor Approval: June 2nd, 2023
Medical Request: July 20th, 2023
Medical Completed: August 6th, 2023

Also Applied for TRV August 11th
Nothing new ever since
Any Advices
Woah thats a long wait for TRV. In the application/invitation did you indicate a closer date i.e. September/October? I wonder if that makes a difference.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Woah thats a long wait for TRV. In the application/invitation did you indicate a closer date i.e. September/October? I wonder if that makes a difference.
and also @abdulqadir salah

Review the last 3 pages of posts on this thread to the know reality of getting TRVs these days, if you haven't already. Since you are asking this question, i doubt you have reviewed it.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/trv-for-spouse-and-dependant.803609/page-58#post-10660997

Sep 11, 2023
and also @abdulqadir salah

Review the last 3 pages of posts on this thread to the know reality of getting TRVs these days, if you haven't already. Since you are asking this question, i doubt you have reviewed it.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/trv-for-spouse-and-dependant.803609/page-58#post-10660997
Yeah i noticed but it still passed my country processing time, is there anything i could do to fasten my application since it has passed the expected approximate days.

SKGUG

Nov 29, 2023
Hi All, I have been closely monitoring timeliness and progress for the Feb 2023 applications and notice there has been complete silence. My guess is people are getting better feedback from somewhere else? If so, please connect me.

SKGUG

Nov 29, 2023
This is our timeline:
Feb 15, 2023. Submitted application
April 12, 2023: AOR
May 29, 2023: SA, File transfered to Dar es Salaam TZ,
June 7, 2023: Biometrics completed
July 28, 2023: Medicals passed.

Dead silence since then, not even ghost updates. 4 months now.

This silence is torturous!
We plan to order GCMS notes and maybe that will give us some insight.

Reactions: Home_13579

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
This is our timeline:
Feb 15, 2023. Submitted application
April 12, 2023: AOR
May 29, 2023: SA, File transfered to Dar es Salaam TZ,
June 7, 2023: Biometrics completed
July 28, 2023: Medicals passed.

Dead silence since then, not even ghost updates. 4 months now.

This silence is torturous!
We plan to order GCMS notes and maybe that will give us some insight.
The fact that each single application has its own challenges and on top of that, CIC itself is very random in its processing of the applications. Then add the political dynamics of prioritizing which VO globally etc etc.. A zillion different variables in the equation.

You should be ordering GCMS notes from now on every 30 days or so. But right away, you should send a webform - explicitly stating your concern on lack of communication from CIC and requesting for confirmation if they have got all the documents, or is there something which is missing which is causing this delay and no response on your application/tracker.

Reactions: SKGUG

SKGUG

Nov 29, 2023
The fact that each single application has its own challenges and on top of that, CIC itself is very random in its processing of the applications. Then add the political dynamics of prioritizing which VO globally etc etc.. A zillion different variables in the equation.

You should be ordering GCMS notes from now on every 30 days or so. But right away, you should send a webform - explicitly stating your concern on lack of communication from CIC and requesting for confirmation if they have got all the documents, or is there something which is missing which is causing this delay and no response on your application/tracker.
We have sent multiple webforms and the responses are all generic. The last webform I sent, the response I believe was just to upset me because it was about everything I didn't ask. It spoke about Quebec, our file is not for Quebec, and their response to the Right to permanent resident fee was generic as well. I purposely chose to act like I didn't see the response. It feels like these are system generated responses.

Last edited:

w8ing4visa

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
patience is the key guys, 13 months is the standard processing time, as long as your application in that period you don't need to worry should they need more information from you they will communicate it to you so no reason to worry just be patient and have faith in the process