+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2021 - Citizenship applications

riyahm

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
I have noticed that online applications are not being processed for Dec and Jan yet.

What are the options for us online applicants?

Should we send a paper package?

its already been 3 months for some... paper applicants are getting AOR in 2 months.

Any thoughts?

eagle922

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
I have noticed that online applications are not being processed for Dec and Jan yet.

What are the options for us online applicants?

Should we send a paper package?

its already been 3 months for some... paper applicants are getting AOR in 2 months.

Any thoughts?
You already have an application in the pipeline. I don't think it's a good idea to send another application. And honestly, AOR has no meaning for online applications in my personal opinion. For a paper application, I understand since they receive it physically, they need to acknowledge it. Obviously just offering my thoughts as I am not an expert or lawyer. I personally wouldn't do it if I were in this situation.

Reactions: RJ2020

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
You already have an application in the pipeline. I don't think it's a good idea to send another application. And honestly, AOR has no meaning for online applications in my personal opinion. For a paper application, I understand since they receive it physically, they need to acknowledge it. Obviously just offering my thoughts as I am not an expert or lawyer. I personally wouldn't do it if I were in this situation.
I agree. Well said.

Jollyzee

Mar 18, 2021
Hi All, I have a question. After navigating https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/ , I used my receipt number and last name. I can see based on the information there that my application was received on February 25th.

This is what it says

Client Application Status
FAQ | Security
Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 25, 2021.

My question is, does that mean that they have opened and confirm that all my documents are in order of simply my application ( unopened ) have been received?

mohammedessam

Oct 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
Hi All, I have a question. After navigating https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/ , I used my receipt number and last name. I can see based on the information there that my application was received on February 25th.

This is what it says

Client Application Status
FAQ | Security
Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 25, 2021.

My question is, does that mean that they have opened and confirm that all my documents are in order of simply my application ( unopened ) have been received?
It means they have received your application and it has been entered into their system.
You should expect to receive AOR soon

Reactions: Jollyzee