+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We did not receive a Passport request, I received a notification that my application was approved and that my COPR is on its way to me via royal mail Post..

Its a little tricky, I dont understand why they would make you do a Medical at the begining of your application as it takes a year to process? leaving you with weeks too move, we are goin to write to IRCC asking for a longer COPR date or Simply ask for a medical thats covered by the IRCC because its a bit of a catch 22 situation.

I dont think its wise to go to the border activate my COPR then return same day, i do not want to face any consequences.

I have sent various emails to LDN intl but i do not get a response and dont really know who to turn to..
My last option is, when my COPR comes in the mail, is to send it back to VPU with a cover letter and hope they pick this up before march 11th.
-Medical at beginning: I think they do this to make things faster, and covid has screwed things up. Apart from the ~6 month delay for covid (an estimate only), ours would have been fine with closer to six months on the COPR/visa.

-I did not fully account for fact you are from a visa waiver country (i.e. only need ETA); we needed visas to travel.

-So in theory all they need to issue you is an ETA and possibly an electronic update of COPR (or they could accept the existing COPR at border). I don't know how this works. You should try a webform, and can also try your MP's office. (As it stands you could in theory travel as immediate family member, and only question is whether CBSA will accept the existing COPR...)

-It does seem that to extent possible they are just accepting previously-done medicals. Let's hope that continues.

-Unfortunately I can only make somewhat informed guesses here. They clearly do not want people to travel unnecessarily (esp from hard-hit countries). But getting comfort in advance about how it works is quite difficult with unclear processes afterwards. And actually getting someone to look at the file and figure out what is to be done is right now the hardest step (presumably esp so in UK right now).

-Obviously hard to say how will proceed but I think you have some reason to be hopeful that it will work out, even if you don't know exactly how right now.

Good luck.

Silverfang

Dec 31, 2020
Hi, Anyone who recently submitted passport (PA - India) received any further updates? Anyone who submitted passport recently please share your timeline. This could help other people estimate their own timeline.

Here is my timeline so far:
Passport submission timeline:
Jan 9th, 11:00 AM -> Blue dart picked up package
Jan 11th, 4:20 PM -> Package delivered to VFS New Delhi
Jan 12, 11:07 AM -> VFS Tracking Id and return AWB recieved.
Jan 13, 10:33 AM -> Status change to: Tracking ID No.20210XX has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on 2021/01/13
Hey, When did you receive your passport back?
I sent mine 18 jan and it received on 21st jan in delhi ircc office.

srinipunna

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Hi ,
Mine was similar scenario .On Oct 14 had received letter stating file will be transferred to NDVO. When I called IRCC in Dec , they said the file was just transferred the prev day of my call . [approx Dec 1st week] . After a long wait (no response to webforms send to delhi) , today I noticed that the ECAS portal status changed to "Application Received" [Equivalent to AOR2 , since NDVO doesn't have a pattern of sending AOR emails explicitly]. You should track ECAS daily , i believe the application received status in ECAS does not stay that way , it will soon change to In process .
thank you for your response.. I am used to checking ECAS a couple of times in a week.. it has been In Process always, may be it changed to AOR 2 I don't know.. I recently raised a webform and all I got was a standard verbatim response.. It's starting to worry me now.. it's been a year since I moved here.. :( I hope we all get it soon...

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
thank you for your response.. I am used to checking ECAS a couple of times in a week.. it has been In Process always, may be it changed to AOR 2 I don't know.. I recently raised a webform and all I got was a standard verbatim response.. It's starting to worry me now.. it's been a year since I moved here.. :( I hope we all get it soon...
I am curious to know your timeline as our file is also in NDVO. As far status under Permanent Residence Application Status it is IN Process since long times. My guess is this was In Process by Ottawa and NDVO will show RECEIVED again then IN Process after many months ahead of waiting in LONG line ups at the NDVO

Reactions: srinipunna

srinipunna

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
I am curious to know your timeline as our file is also in NDVO. As far status under Permanent Residence Application Status it is IN Process since long times. My guess is this was In Process by Ottawa and NDVO will show RECEIVED again then IN Process after many months ahead of waiting in LONG line ups at the NDVO
File sent - Feb 26th
AOR1 - March 13th
Medicals Requested - Sept 23rd
BIL - Sept 28th
Medicals done - Oct 1st
Received SA letter to my address - Oct 14th (this letter said file will be transferred to NDVO)
Biometrics completed - Dec 9th

Reactions: singleman

srinipunna

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
I have not been able to speak to a Rep at IRCC.. last couple of times I called it got disconnected saying they are not answering calls due to high volumes.. anyone who got to speak to a Rep recently? any specific time that you were able to speak to them?

Awquin

May 28, 2020
I have not been able to speak to a Rep at IRCC.. last couple of times I called it got disconnected saying they are not answering calls due to high volumes.. anyone who got to speak to a Rep recently? any specific time that you were able to speak to them?
Just keep calling, hang up when they tell you they are not taking calls and call again. I have to do it over and over for about 10-15 minutes but I usually get through. They WILL hang it up after an hour or so though - but I have nothing but time on my hands...so.

Reactions: srinipunna