+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

sbandnd

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Hi everyone,
I would like to ask you how long the AOR will take until I receive it if my App is delivered today (Outland)?
Who knows. It was about 7-21 days, varied per person, ours was 14 days but that was in February. Right now you could be waiting 1-3 months which is standard processing time anyways. There could be a delay on top of that though as I had read somewhere that new applications are being “quarantined” for a min of 2 weeks before going into the queue for processing in case the virus is on the package.

• Haha
Reactions: Hoprooter

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
Who knows. It was about 7-21 days, varied per person, ours was 14 days but that was in February. Right now you could be waiting 1-3 months which is standard processing time anyways. There could be a delay on top of that though as I had read somewhere that new applications are being “quarantined” for a min of 2 weeks before going into the queue for processing in case the virus is on the package.
Where did you hear that from? Lol

Bour95

Apr 2, 2020
where did you hear that ?

sbandnd

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Where did you hear that from? Lol
I know hahahaha but I read it on here I think in a different thread, someone had talked to the IRCC before the phone lines closed and that's what an agent says but who knows if that is true!

C&W

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
I know this is not normal times so the processing period and stages might be very different. However, does anyone know at what point and how you're informed which VO is handling your file once biometrics and medical are completed and passed?

G&G

Feb 19, 2020
I know this is not normal times so the processing period and stages might be very different. However, does anyone know at what point and how you're informed which VO is handling your file once biometrics and medical are completed and passed?
In my case it was transferred maybe a week after biometrics were done but we haven’t received a med request yet. I (sponsor) received an email that it had been transferred, there was no info on ECAS or gckey

Reactions: rrss13 and C&W

C&W

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Oh, thanks. I did receive an email, the SA but nothing that said specifically that the file has been transferred.

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
In my case it was transferred maybe a week after biometrics were done but we haven’t received a med request yet. I (sponsor) received an email that it had been transferred, there was no info on ECAS or gckey
When did you receive this email?

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Oh, thanks. I did receive an email, the SA but nothing that said specifically that the file has been transferred.
Jamaica is always Kingston... Sydney has to transfer it. Doesn't look like they are doing anything right now. Order your notes. Takes 30 days to get them but it states the office it will be sent to... Otherwise we have to wait until they are ready to work again.

Reactions: C&W and Empsam

Empsam

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Jamaica is always Kingston... Sydney has to transfer it. Doesn't look like they are doing anything right now. Order your notes. Takes 30 days to get them but it states the office it will be sent to... Otherwise we have to wait until they are ready to work again.
How do you order notes? If you dont mind me asking.
Thanks

Reactions: DiiDii

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Reactions: Empsam

C&W

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
I received it two to three weeks ago. We did the biometric and medical and those are all showing in GCKey, etc.
Thanks for your reply and.suggestion. Just for the record, Jamaica files are not always sent to Kingston. I've checked the trackers going back to last year and several files went to Mississauga. Again, thanks for your suggestion.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
I received it two to three weeks ago. We did the biometric and medical and those are all showing in GCKey, etc.

Thanks for your reply and.suggestion. Just for the record, Jamaica files are not always sent to Kingston. I've checked the trackers going back to last year and several files went to Mississauga. Again, thanks for your suggestion.
That's Inland... There was one Outland that said Mississauga and that was a mistake as I found the person on here and they stated it was in Kingston Ja. If you filed Inland I stand corrected however this is an Outland thread so I was responding accordingly. Thx

Reactions: C&W

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
That's Inland... There was one Outland that said Mississauga and that was a mistake as I found the person on here and they stated it was in Kingston Ja. If you filed Inland I stand corrected however this is an Outland thread so I was responding accordingly. Thx
some applications get moved to Mississauga from Sydney, especially for Jamaican applicants

Reactions: C&W