2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Hello all

Please advice me on whether its a good idea to appoint my husband "the sponsor" as a representative.I am in Africa he is in Canada.

Any tganks
Well yup .. he's the one on field that could do interaction with ircc , infos and requests gonna be sent to him directly.

Sid6767

Jan 15, 2019
Congratulations on DM. Did you apply as an outland sponsor from India? It will be really helpful if you can confirm. I have also applied on the same date from India.

I hope you are talking about the decision made in the CIC account and not the sponsor DM when checking for ecas.
Yes i Got PPR and submitted my passport on 31st in outland sponsorship from india :)

Sid6767

Jan 15, 2019
I am a newbie here. Need a quick info.

I am a Canadian PR living in Canada and about to submit the application for Spouse Sponsorship and Dependent Child Sponsorship for Wife and Daughter.

Question is: After I have submitted the application (outland one since PA is outside of Canada), can I go to home country and stay with Wife and Kid in home country until entire process is done (full 8 months or so) and then once their COPR is with us, come back to Canada with them?

To be clear, both me (sponsor) and wife/kid (PA) will be in home country for the entire process duration ... AOR1, Medical, MVO, AOR2, DM, PPR, COPR.
no you cannot do that you are allow to go on small vacation but not for month :)

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Any experience with dual intent? What kinds of “ties to home country” do they mean?
Job , house , something that shows intentio to return to home. Is usually what they look at for visitor visa and similar. Or sometimes they meant like to get the PR but going back to origin as in ,not living in canada (which is a requirement) depending of the situation. So dual intent is to try to get a temporary status AND permanent one too.
Dual Intent refers to the concurrent processing of an application for permanent residence and an application for temporary status, therefore demonstrating the intention to both reside in Canada permanently and only temporarily, at the same time. An individual whose application for permanent residence in Canada is pending is subject to the same requirements as others when seeking entry into Canada temporarily. The individual should therefore have a reasonable purpose for entry, be prepared to leave Canada at the end of the temporary stay and understand that if a Canada Immigration Visa is issued, he or she must leave and re-enter Canada in order to officially land as a permanent resident. An application for temporary Status may be scrutinized more closely when a permanent resident application is under review, as there is an obvious intention to settle in Canada permanently. If the individual's ties elsewhere can be demonstrated, however, an application for temporary status should succeed. Hope that helps

Last edited:

JoshC

Nov 3, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
File Transfer...
27-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
25-02-2019
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2019
@JoshC will be able to guide you best in this.
Messaged you @Jessieroberts12.

Job , house , something that shows intentio to return to home. Is usually what they look at for visitor visa and similar. Or sometimes they meant like to get the PR but going back to origin as in ,not living in canada (which is a requirement) depending of the situation. So dual intent is to try to get a temporary status AND permanent one too.
Dual Intent refers to the concurrent processing of an application for permanent residence and an application for temporary status, therefore demonstrating the intention to both reside in Canada permanently and only temporarily, at the same time. An individual whose application for permanent residence in Canada is pending is subject to the same requirements as others when seeking entry into Canada temporarily. The individual should therefore have a reasonable purpose for entry, be prepared to leave Canada at the end of the temporary stay and understand that if a Canada Immigration Visa is issued, he or she must leave and re-enter Canada in order to officially land as a permanent resident. An application for temporary Status may be scrutinized more closely when a permanent resident application is under review, as there is an obvious intention to settle in Canada permanently. If the individual's ties elsewhere can be demonstrated, however, an application for temporary status should succeed. Hope that helps
It’s much easier and relatively straightforward for applicants of visa exempt countries to enter under dual intent. I didn’t even have to show the agent my return flight, or my docs, he just asked me why I was entering Canada and I said under dual intent as I have a permanent residence application underway. He stamped it and I was on my way.

The tricky part for non visa exempt is getting that TRV whilst your application is under way. It’s doable but difficult.

Reactions: Waggles88

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Messaged you @Jessieroberts12.

It’s much easier and relatively straightforward for applicants of visa exempt countries to enter under dual intent. I didn’t even have to show the agent my return flight, or my docs, he just asked me why I was entering Canada and I said under dual intent as I have a permanent residence application underway. He stamped it and I was on my way.

The tricky part for non visa exempt is getting that TRV whilst your application is under way. It’s doable but difficult.
Exaclty if you are from a none visa needed place... is way easier but on the opposite heum.... def more difficult

Last edited:
Reactions: Jessieroberts12

candyboop

Apr 18, 2019
Guys, I have a question hope anyone can answer,, where does usually the biometric result is dispatch from VAC? to the applicant's Visa Office (whos processing the PA's application for PR)?

I enrolled my Biometric in Malaysia and it was dispatch to Singapore for processing - but my VO is Mississuaga..
I called Singapore and asking any update with biometric as it still not uploaded in my account, its been 2weeks since I have my Biometric done,, and they cannot give me answer "according to them" my application MUST be with them..

Sid6767

Jan 15, 2019
Guys, I have a question hope anyone can answer,, where does usually the biometric result is dispatch from VAC? to the applicant's Visa Office (whos processing the PA's application for PR)?

I enrolled my Biometric in Malaysia and it was dispatch to Singapore for processing - but my VO is Mississuaga..
I called Singapore and asking any update with biometric as it still not uploaded in my account, its been 2weeks since I have my Biometric done,, and they cannot give me answer "according to them" my application MUST be with them..
check here if its valid there you dont need to worry soon you will get update :)

https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery

candyboop

Apr 18, 2019
check here if its valid there you dont need to worry soon you will get update :)

Thank you for the link.. I tried it and it says "We did not find any biometrics for the information you provided" :( I am really worried coz I do not know if Singapore IRCC is really processing it as per VFS notification email - even if I call them and give my Biometric number - they cannot give me any information..

Reactions: Sid6767