Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
You can also call and ask about these 4 steps! Eligibility, Medical, Security, Criminality.
They will tell you!
Yeah well.. for now i keep this quiet and wait to see cause we have completed all the tasks and requests so it's on their side.

Medical is passed as far as i know
for the others.. they don't give any communication so is long to know.

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
I have a suspicion that after they transfer there is a delay until they actually send you the notice but really they receive it sooner. Who knows with them lol
Maybe so... idk! the more we try to understand the process, the more it gets all confused so... just gonna let it done and enjoy the ride. If that's to be done at Mexico.. heard tons of horror stories about this... so i really hope to get it done somewhere else *sigh*

A.Syed1

Apr 21, 2016
I'm Feb 14th applicants and still awaiting file transfer. some info as per below for people who are still awaiting transfer.

I called IRCC this morning and talked to nice agent! she checked our file and as per our conversation " My wife's Medical and Criminality has been passed and Security and Eligibility hasn't been started yet". File is still in Sydney and it will get transfer, i won't be getting a passport request from Sydney.
Thanks for this info... my spouse's bio and medical passed. Last update was on 8th April when Med was passed, since then nothing. I hope file transfer email arrives soon.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
My Concern is that they haven't even started security and eligibility yet?
How's criminality different from security?
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/

Summary:

Background check is done by processing application where your education and experience credentials are from - this task verifies your claims and authenticity of documents.

Security check is done by Canadian intelligence and security agencies, with or without cooperation of proper authorities in countries you lived/stayed in, and it is done completely independently from IRCC - IRCC only gets result, which will be positive or negative, without any explanation (as it is classified). This task looks deep into your life(LinkedIn Facebook), activities and associations to find out if you are/were involved or are/were associated in any way with anyone who is/was involved in espionage, terrorism, organized crime, radical movements, crimes against humanity, war crimes, etc..

Criminal check looks into your police certificates and verifies with relevant countries to see if you have a criminal record that may make you inadmissible to Canada.

Reactions: svilli

jaygill

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Category........
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/

Summary:

Background check is done by processing application where your education and experience credentials are from - this task verifies your claims and authenticity of documents.

Security check is done by Canadian intelligence and security agencies, with or without cooperation of proper authorities in countries you lived/stayed in, and it is done completely independently from IRCC - IRCC only gets result, which will be positive or negative, without any explanation (as it is classified). This task looks deep into your life(LinkedIn Facebook), activities and associations to find out if you are/were involved or are/were associated in any way with anyone who is/was involved in espionage, terrorism, organized crime, radical movements, crimes against humanity, war crimes, etc..

Criminal check looks into your police certificates and verifies with relevant countries to see if you have a criminal record that may make you inadmissible to Canada.
wow! that was some explanation.
Thanks for a lot! makes understanding of the process much easier.

Thanks again!

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
My Concern is that they haven't even started security and eligibility yet?
How's criminality different from security?
Criminality check is fingerprints. As soon as you give them your fingerprints, they check it in Canada and in the US. About everything else kcward7 explained above.

candyboop

Apr 18, 2019
Hello, just like to ask if anyone have an idea how many days/weeks/months to receive a Biometric Instruction letter- I've seen some posts it will take just few weeks or a month after it was paid, but now I am not so sure bout that.. I paid Biometric fee March27 and I received an email March 30 that the receipt was forwarded to the responsible office for their reconsideration..

My last update is April10 - my application for PR has been forwarded to CPC-M for further processing.. I am done with my medical.. so I guess I am only waiting for the BIL and if there are more additional documents they need. Thank you.. :)

Last edited:

Vd@100

May 3, 2019
Im so glad everyones hearing back from cic! Just a couple of questions.. is it necessary to have your file transfer to a visa office prior to recieving ppr? And could the possible reason for no transfer be that the officer who has the file isnt satistifed with the file? Could someone with some knowledge shed some light on this? Ive also attached my timeline below...

Application sent...Feb 22
Recieved...Feb 26
AOR 1... April 2
Biometrics Request..April 3
Medical Request...April 4
Sponsor Approval...April 3
Application linked to GCKey...April 4
Biometrics Completed...April 4
Biometrics updated to GCkey...April 15
Medical Completed...April 5
Medical Passed...April 10

Thank you in advance!
You are likely to receive an email by next week. All the best!!

patvicto

Champion Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2019-02-19
Doc's Request.
2020-02-14
AOR Received.
2019-03-26
File Transfer...
2019-10-25
Med's Request
2019-03-30
Med's Done....
2019-04-23
Passport Req..
2020-10-01
VISA ISSUED...
2020-10-14
Reactions: quiziah

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
hi

i see a lot of advancement in some guys here, unlike my applicatiom, it is really frustrating.

i see almost everyone got Biometric request almost same time as with medical exam request.

unlike my application where they only requested medicals, ecas last update is on april 8,showing medicals received and thats it.

i see some applicants here already got PPR..!! congratulations

but i wonder why some applications are way faster than others ,??!!!

i still got to wait for Bio request then background check, then file transfer to VO..!!!

i am in Hamilton, ontario, wife and kids are in UAE.

Reactions: jennysmith