+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
How do we receive oath invitation. Via email? Or Canada post?
I thought it would be a piece of mail but I got mine via e-mail. Might be getting something in the mail.. but nothing yet.
On the e-mail they send the pdf you gotta print and fill out so not sure if they will mail anything..

meem

Jun 13, 2012
BRAMPTON
Category........
App. Filed.......
07 feb 2018
Doc's Request.
12 Feb 2018
AOR Received.
19 March 2018
Dear members,

I am February 2018 applicant and my application is still in process. Contacted CIC couple of week back and they told me that your file forwarded to responsible office should they need any documents or any decision made they will contact you. I started getting panic attack lately due to situation since I heard if normal processing time surpassed the case becomes non routine/cold case and no time limit for such cases, may take years. Any suggestion or advise would be appreciated from respected forum members. Thanks

Maxdim

Mar 13, 2018
Dear members,

I am February 2018 applicant and my application is still in process. Contacted CIC couple of week back and they told me that your file forwarded to responsible office should they need any documents or any decision made they will contact you. I started getting panic attack lately due to situation since I heard if normal processing time surpassed the case becomes non routine/cold case and no time limit for such cases, may take years. Any suggestion or advise would be appreciated from respected forum members. Thanks
Years!!!!????

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
Dear members,

I just talked to CIC today since I submitted the infamous CIT0520 last week. The agent told me that after 2015, they don’t use the term “non routine” anymore and that the average processing time for any citizenship application is 12 months regardless of what more forms and documents are being requested during the process.

Reactions: meem

canadianguy15

Mar 22, 2019
I just talked to CIC today since I submitted the infamous CIT0520 last week. The agent told me that after 2015, they don’t use the term “non routine” anymore and that the average processing time for any citizenship application is 12 months regardless of what more forms and documents are being requested during the process.
the moment you call CIC call centre, they have an automated message providing information about "non routine" application. Didn't you hear and tell the agent in their face that why are they still have that wording "non routine" in their automated message??
I'm in the same boat.. I ordered GCMS notes and last time my file was accessed or had notes was in 09/2018.. after that there are no notes or updates.. I will wait 2 more weeks and then give CIC a call and then submit a web form

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
the moment you call CIC call centre, they have an automated message providing information about "non routine" application. Didn't you hear and tell the agent in their face that why are they still have that wording "non routine" in their automated message??
I'm in the same boat.. I ordered GCMS notes and last time my file was accessed or had notes was in 09/2018.. after that there are no notes or updates.. I will wait 2 more weeks and then give CIC a call and then submit a web form
I didn’t hear “non routine” in the automated message. I actually called CIC because I wanted to find out if I should renew my PR card while waiting. I’m a September 2018 applicant. Had my test in February and 2 weeks after the test, the same officer from the interview called me by the phone and sent me the email with the form CIT0520. I explained that to the agent and the agent said he hoped I’d get the citizenship before September 2019 which will be 12 months from the application. And he said that I can renew the PR card if it will be expiring in less than 9 months. And he said that it’d be a good idea to renew PR around August 2019 if I don’t hear anything by then .

So that was that. Crossing my fingers. Wishing luck to everyone .

Imranazh

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
Toronto, ON
Doc's Request.
Submitted with appliaction
IELTS Request
Hello Everyone,
I have got test invite today after waiting for about 14 months. Office Mississauga
App sent: 12 Feb 2018
Rcvd: 16 Feb
Inprocess since: May 1st
Test Invite: 4Apr (Test date 24Apr)

Good luck to everyone waiting!!

Imranazh

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
Toronto, ON
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
I called CIC on Monday and I was told that my back ground check was completed on March 26th and I am in queue for scheduling a test and after 8 days today, I got invite. This is just to give an idea of timeline to anybody whose background / criminal checks are completed....but of course as everyone says every case is different!!

Reactions: Mpraja and meem

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
I called CIC on Monday and I was told that my back ground check was completed on March 26th and I am in queue for scheduling a test and after 8 days today, I got invite. This is just to give an idea of timeline to anybody whose background / criminal checks are completed....but of course as everyone says every case is different!!
Congrats. Yes. everyone's case is different. My background check was completed around 5 months back. Still no test invite.

Reactions: Mpraja and meem

kachi143

Apr 5, 2013
Hello Everyone,
I have got test invite today after waiting for about 14 months. Office Mississauga
App sent: 12 Feb 2018
Rcvd: 16 Feb
Inprocess since: May 1st
Test Invite: 4Apr (Test date 24Apr)

Good luck to everyone waiting!!
super .. goodluck :)

meem

Jun 13, 2012
BRAMPTON
Category........
App. Filed.......
07 feb 2018
Doc's Request.
12 Feb 2018
AOR Received.
19 March 2018
I am not aware of cit0520 however the agent himself told me that if normal processing time passed than the case become non routine. I googled non routine case and got freaked out

Reactions: k300k3