+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

SideshowLoki

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
London, ON
LANDED..........
11-27-2007
Hey everybody. How is it going? Just wanted to let you all know that I have taken my Citizenship test this morning at the Scarborough Town Centre Court location. It was a piece of cake and I got the full score (20/20). The officer said that I should be expecting my Oath letter in a month or two :)

If you're waiting for your test invite, you'll get it soon.
If you're scheduled for your test, you'll do it great! ;)

Good luck! :D

Cheers
Kal
Way to go, Kal! Hope you get it soon!!

Reactions: kaladhar

jenniannet

Jun 3, 2018
Application received March 2- 2018
Start process of an application May 29
Finger prints notice June 8
Test notice Aug 29
Test done Oct 2

Waiting to hear back for oath ceremony

Have not heard anything back? Any one else has the same situation?
I know some people who are being processed faster and did a test on Oct 2

Thoughts?Help?
It took 3 months for us to get our ceremony invite. Will be 4 months 1 day between test and oath

Reactions: qupassa

SideshowLoki

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
London, ON
LANDED..........
11-27-2007
Thanks a lot, Loki. Where are you in the process? Done with your test? :)

Kal
Ugh, I wish! No, I have been sitting in processing since May 1st! London really is super slow... abedi555, a family of 5, got their test invites early November, so hopefully this means I'll be getting at least the invite before the end of the month. If not, I will probably get it in January. It IS coming up to the 1 year mark, so fingers crossed!!

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
Ugh, I wish! No, I have been sitting in processing since May 1st! London really is super slow... abedi555, a family of 5, got their test invites early November, so hopefully this means I'll be getting at least the invite before the end of the month. If not, I will probably get it in January. It IS coming up to the 1 year mark, so fingers crossed!!
You will get it soon. You never know what that magic happens. Keep believing and hold on tight. Your time is coming :)

Kal

qupassa

Sep 5, 2012
You'll probably get it sooner rather than later; then again, that depends on what part of the country you're in and how many oath ceremonies they have to schedule. You probably won't get the oath letter by the end of December since they schedule the oath about a month out (or rather, that's what I wager- I honestly don't know) and will likely get it early next year.

You are still within the realm of "normal processing times" so you have until March 2nd before you can ask IRCC what's up. If you're planning to travel, you have to let them know when you're traveling and when you'll be back. As usual, each case is different and you can't just see other people moving forward faster than you and think there's something wrong; the spreadsheets and sharing our timelines are meant to be a general guide and not absolute truth. For example, I'm still waiting on my test invite and an applicant in my area who applied a month before me got their invite early November, so I assume I'll be getting it this month; however, that's not a 100% guarantee!

SideshowLoki

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
London, ON
LANDED..........
11-27-2007

Longroadtoimmigration

Sep 19, 2018
App. Filed.......
September 19th 2018
Interview........
I rebuke it ijn
LANDED..........
I shall testify
Hey, sorry. I found you on the March sheet. Are there two people using your account for their citizenship stuff? I had added you on my unofficial spreadsheet, but if you want me to add this to the official one, just let me know.
Please add me . Remove me from March . Thank you

SideshowLoki

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
London, ON
LANDED..........
11-27-2007
I really hate being a bother, but I have some follow-up questions.

Are you applying from the same place, with the same application, with the same number of days of residence as the March entry? I won't remove you from the March sheet yet since the other admins will be wondering why; I DID add your name and the info onto the February sheet though. So are these two separate applications from two different people, or was March entirely a mistake?

Longroadtoimmigration

Sep 19, 2018
App. Filed.......
September 19th 2018
Interview........
I rebuke it ijn
LANDED..........
I shall testify

Are you applying from the same place, with the same application, with the same number of days of residence as the March entry? I won't remove you from the March sheet yet since the other admins will be wondering why; I DID add your name and the info onto the February sheet though. So are these two separate applications from two different people, or was March entirely a mistake?
Sorry it was a mistake . I have been in the March group all this while I just realised my app was sent in February.
Please blame pregnancy hormones. M

March was a mistake sorry. I thought I applied in March apparently I'm a Feb applicant. Please blame pregnancy hormones . My timeline is as follows .Thank you .

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 22, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 12, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on May 24, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on May 24, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on September 24, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 31, 2018 at 12:15 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. We sent you a notice on November 7, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 18, 2018 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment

SideshowLoki

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
London, ON
LANDED..........
11-27-2007
Sorry it was a mistake . I have been in the March group all this while I just realised my app was sent in February.
Please blame pregnancy hormones. M

March was a mistake sorry. I thought I applied in March apparently I'm a Feb applicant. Please blame pregnancy hormones . My timeline is as follows .Thank you .

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 22, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 12, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on May 24, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on May 24, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on September 24, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 31, 2018 at 12:15 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. We sent you a notice on November 7, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 18, 2018 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment
No problem, I deleted the March entry.