+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

BigG

May 18, 2018
Today a had the opportunity to call CIC, I asked about a misspelling in my address, and had the opportunity to be corrected by phone, in the meanwhile I received an status of my Application, although my application is in process since May 2, it is still in Sidney Nova Scotia waiting to be sent to Mississauga.

abhishekgoel007

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2011
Canada > Alberta > Calgary
Today a had the opportunity to call CIC, I asked about a misspelling in my address, and had the opportunity to be corrected by phone, in the meanwhile I received an status of my Application, although my application is in process since May 2, it is still in Sidney Nova Scotia waiting to be sent to Mississauga.
wow, i dont know why they keep applications with them for so long when they have nothing to do with it anymore

abhishekgoel007

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2011
Canada > Alberta > Calgary
hi all,
after your citizenship certificate(oath ceremony) is it mandatory to apply for Canadian passport immediately? I mean , can someone continue with the Indian passport and travel to India on the Indian passport instead of Canadian ? I am not sure if one has to deposit the PR card at the oath ceremony? any inputs
after getting citizenship, dont travel without a Canadian Passport as you have to surrender your PR card at the time of Oath Ceremony.

you can get Canadian passport within 2 weeks and if urgent you can get it in a day, then you can apply for E-visa for India which is 2-5 business days or you can apply for OCI card which will take at least a month

Reactions: samsk2018

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
Hi here is some update about my application

Received email today ( 26 June ) for the test July 17 .

My application was IP June 5

Very happy to see it

Wish all applicants will get their Test days soon

Reactions: Funsho Heritage

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
Hi here is some update about my application

Received email today ( 26 June ) for the test July 17 .

My application was IP June 5

Very happy to see it

Wish all applicants will get their Test days soon
Congrats, updated the sheet

samsk2018

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
hi all,
my wife got the test invite just now. Not me as of now. its on her email for 18 july
so my record may be updated
thanks
IP since 30 may, 2018
email 27 june,2018
test date 18 july , 2018

samsk2018

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
after getting citizenship, dont travel without a Canadian Passport as you have to surrender your PR card at the time of Oath Ceremony.

you can get Canadian passport within 2 weeks and if urgent you can get it in a day, then you can apply for E-visa for India which is 2-5 business days or you can apply for OCI card which will take at least a month
Hi, is it a cumbersome process to get OCI.
what are some practical advantages of getting OCI?

samsk2018

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
hi all,
just got my test invite too( my wife got 2 hours before me , hehe. its
for 18 July,2018
so my record may be updated surely

Family 4 ( 2 minors)
applied 15 Feb 2018
application received 19 Feb 2018
IP since 30 may, 2018
email for test invite 27 june,2018
test date 18 july , 2018

Thanks

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
Hi, is it a cumbersome process to get OCI.
what are some practical advantages of getting OCI?
It might take 4-6 weeks to get your OCI card! If you are an Indian, then it is mandatory to apply for OCI since India doesn't support dual citizenship. Holding an OCI card will allow you to travel anytime to India and stay for however long you wish to be there. No need to check-in with the local police about your stay. Since you'll not be an Indian citizen any longer, voting, running for political office and investments in agricultural lands wouldn't be possible any more!

Good luck!

Kal

Reactions: samsk2018