+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

backendcode

Apr 18, 2014
Guelph
Hello World,

I was Jan 2018 applicant but my application returned because there was a gap between an old passport and new passport and I didn't sign an application form. I did write my name instead of the signature but they consider it incomplete.

I sent my application today so here is the timeline.

Name: Backendcode
Application Sent: Feb 8, 2018
Expected to receive: Feb 13, 2018
Physical presence: 1157
Please add me to tracker list.

Thank you

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Hello World,

I was Jan 2018 applicant but my application returned because there was a gap between an old passport and new passport and I didn't sign an application form. I did write my name instead of the signature but they consider it incomplete.

I sent my application today so here is the timeline.

Name: Backendcode
Application Sent: Feb 8, 2018
Expected to receive: Feb 13, 2018
Physical presence: 1157
Please add me to tracker list.

Thank you
Added you to the Feb sheet. goodluck this time!

What do you mean by gap between old passport and new passport?

NikkiR88TH

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Ontario
From my experience, I learned to wait until CIC e-mails me - usually an e-mail from "donotreply@cic.gc.ca", Subject: "Your application(###) has been updated" - to log in their website and check a new message. They are processing SO many applications, there is no point in keep on checking...
If anything changes they will notify you for sure. :)
Thank you ! Hopefully it won’t go in my junkmail !!

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Looks like my application will be returned too. I just noticed that I mistyped one of my places of residence in last 5 years which leaves a gap of 1 year! I am pretty sure I will get it back.

backendcode

Apr 18, 2014
Guelph
Added you to the Feb sheet. goodluck this time!

What do you mean by gap between old passport and new passport?
My old passport expired at Aug 1, 2017 and new passport was issued at 20 Aug, 2017 so technically from Aug 2 to Aug 19 i didn't had any passport even though I applied my passport in July 2017 so CIC wants the explanation for those 20 days

Kamran79

Feb 4, 2018
Question 11
Regarding Employment/Unemployed/School-
Where were you physically located?
Does it mean question is asking for my home address or office address? Anyone please. Just confirming. Thank you.

Kamran79

Feb 4, 2018
'Morning beautiful people! Please add me to the list:

ID: danny_scars
App type: Single
Physical Presence: 1095
App Sent: Feb 5th 2018
App Received: Feb 8th 2018

I wish I knew about this thread before I sent my app.. Mine might get returned as I said yes to taxes in 2017 - "needed to file" and "filled". When I was completing it, I figured my envelope wouldn't get opened for a few months and since I've filled my taxes in February for the past 7 years" it would be plenty of time".. sounds like a rookie mistake now that I read through this thread... :mad:

As for physical presence, my calculator is exactly 1095: Feb 03, 2013 to Feb 03, 2018. I have signed my app on Feb 05, 2018 so hopefully that will act as a teeny, tiny booster - again, wish I had bumped into this thread before - after reading it is "not wise" to do it as soon as you get the 1095 days... I arrived here in 2010 and throughout this entire time I must have spent 15 days outside Canada so hopefully the officer will give me a break.. :rolleyes:

Good Luck everyone! ;)
A question for you
Question 11
Does it mean question is asking for my home address or office address? Anyone please. Just confirming. Thank you.

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
Question 11
Yes, I listed the address (Office or home) for that section :)

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
so office or home address? What are we writing here?
In my case, I went to school and I was working as well..

So, for instance: if you were in SCHOOL, you gotta write those dates, Name of the School, Field of Studies, Address of the School, City, Country, Name of contact, Phone number (usually your faculty's) and E-mail address of that person.

If you were WORKING, you gotta write those specific dates, Name of Employer, Field of Employment/Your Designation, Address of your Office, City, Country, Name of your Contact (HR or your Supervisors name), their Phone number, Email address.

If you were UNEMPLOYED, mention those dates accordingly and the rest would be your information: Your name, phone number and home address, etc.

I hope you are clear now :)

Kal

Reactions: danny_scars

Kamran79

Feb 4, 2018
In my case, I went to school and I was working as well..

So, for instance: if you were in SCHOOL, you gotta write those dates, Name of the School, Field of Studies, Address of the School, City, Country, Name of contact, Phone number (usually your faculty's) and E-mail address of that person.

If you were WORKING, you gotta write those specific dates, Name of Employer, Field of Employment/Your Designation, Address of your Office, City, Country, Name of your Contact (HR or your Supervisors name), their Phone number, Email address.

If you were UNEMPLOYED, mention those dates accordingly and the rest would be your information: Your name, phone number and home address, etc.

I hope you are clear now :)

Kal
Thank you KAL

StuCan1

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Hello, my application was received today in Sydney NS. Signed by DJ. Please update the sheet!

simoncanada

Dec 3, 2015
My application send and received 8th Feb
Total days 1114
Single Saskatoon

This is the mistake I did : so what will happen now

Q9B: before I become PR i was work permit status.

My work permit was valid Dec 27 2013 to Dec 26 2015

I become PR Dec 21 2015

So 9B I wrote date status was effective Dec 27 2013 and status Expired Dec 20 2015.

The reason I wrote status expired Dec 20 2015 although my work permit was valid until dec 26 2015. because I become PR Dec 21 2015.

So do you guys think will my application will be returned due to that

Or

It can be delay

Or

I can call Cic to correct it

I am little bit stressed because of that

Your reply and advise much .