+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2017 * OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLIC*

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
You must have done your test back in January, when they were still accepting upfront medicals.
Now, you can't get a medical test done until immigration sends you a special form.
When I setup my medical a week ago they wanted to make sure I had a letter..

lazytitan

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
02/22/2017
Doc's Request.
03/15/2017
AOR Received.
03/08/2017
File Transfer...
06/04/2017
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
11/27/16 PASSED - UPFRONT
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14-07-2017
Got PPR email today and my BGC in GCkey was also updated to "We are processing your background check..". ECAS still In Process.

nwaefulu_716

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
01-02-2017
Doc's Request.
02-03-2017 (schedule A)
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
File Transfer...
15-06-2017 (ECAS IP)
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
12-07-2017
Passport Req..
03-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019
LANDED..........
20-02-2019
Got PPR email today and my BGC in GCkey was also updated to "We are processing your background check..". ECAS still In Process.
Congrats

Reactions: lazytitan

RPWallace

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2017
Doc's Request.
09-03-2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
07-03-2017
Med's Done....
16-03-2017
Here is where I am at. What are all your thoughts?
Visa Office and AOR2: April 12th. Ottawa.
Background check in progress: August 9th.
Request for additional documents (a driving history for a state my husband has never resided in and completely unnecessary): September 8th
Documents submitted on webform: September 10th. Confirmation received on September 11th.
Letter from CIC on September 12th informing me that the Application for Permanent Residence for your
relative(s) will be processed at CPC Mississauga.

Why did they send me the last one? Are they so confused and such a mess they just assume I'm a new app and send it all the Miss? Or are they now sending my whole app back to Miss? I'm so frustrated and so over how much of a shit show this immigration system is. Does every area of government have to be so drastically flawed?
I'm Ottawa VO and received the same email telling me they're processing my application at Mississauga.
My ecas has been DM for 3 weeks now without any update in CIC or any PPR.

I used the webform to ask what the hold up was to receive an email just now saying...

Good day,​

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with your application. It is still within the regular processing times.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

miss_tizzle

Star Member
Jul 4, 2016
Sask
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
File Transfer...
12-04-2017
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
LANDED..........
20-06-2017
I'm Ottawa VO and received the same email telling me they're processing my application at Mississauga.
My ecas has been DM for 3 weeks now without any update in CIC or any PPR.

I used the webform to ask what the hold up was to receive an email just now saying...

Good day,​

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with your application. It is still within the regular processing times.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
Yea, I'm under the impression this wasn't a regular thing, they're just dumping things off on Miss and not realizing this is already a file somewhere else.

Hani_Hani

Aug 20, 2017
You must have done your test back in January, when they were still accepting upfront medicals.
Now, you can't get a medical test done until immigration sends you a special form.

That's what we exactly thinking! but it's not like that. When you didn't get your medical for a long time, they may have sent this for you and you didn't get it at the right time. You would be able to go to one of those announced medical centers in your area and they would get your test done and would be updated in your file automatically after few days.
I just said because this happened for us.
If you prefer to wait, then it's up to you.

Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jan. 2017
That's what we exactly thinking! but it's not like that. When you didn't get your medical for a long time, they may have sent this for you and you didn't get it at the right time. You would be able to go to one of those announced medical centers in your area and they would get your test done and would be updated in your file automatically after few days.
I just said because this happened for us.
If you prefer to wait, then it's up to you.
Oh, so you mean that it's better to go check at the medical centre whether or not a request exists for you. Yeah, makes sense. I didn't know they could check that.

Hani_Hani

Aug 20, 2017
Oh, so you mean that it's better to go check at the medical centre whether or not a request exists for you. Yeah, makes sense. I didn't know they could check that.
no, don't go. call them and ask if they are able to pull up your file no or UCI. You probably should be there as it's a long time passing from your AOR. one of them told my hasband that they need a letter. The other clinic checked his name and file no and they said, yes, you can come and do medical. Then they would upload your result on your file. We also didn't know that. But you can check with those doctors closer to your location. It's better to be in the safe side. or try to call CIC and talk with one of the agents. I waited around an hour but I could talk with one of them at the end....

Hattami

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-10-2014
IELTS Request
sent with the application, SLU: 08-08-2015
Med's Request
19-08-2015
Med's Done....
25-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Soon inshaa Allah
Hi all,

I have a question pls,

What if after one month from getting a visa, someone couldn't land in Canada due to canceled flight, and after that time medical expired!!
What should be the solution in that case?

I really appreciate your response.

ankrish

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
24-02-2017
AOR Received.
14-03-2017
File Transfer...
22-06-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-12-2016
Hi!
May I ask if anyone here still waiting for their DMs and PPRs? I am still waiting for my husband's and it's in MVO. Since our application got there we never heard anything. I am just wondering if we are the only ones like that... Thank you!

ankrish

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
24-02-2017
AOR Received.
14-03-2017
File Transfer...
22-06-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-12-2016
Congrats!

nwaefulu_716

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
01-02-2017
Doc's Request.
02-03-2017 (schedule A)
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
File Transfer...
15-06-2017 (ECAS IP)
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
12-07-2017
Passport Req..
03-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019
LANDED..........
20-02-2019
Hi!
May I ask if anyone here still waiting for their DMs and PPRs? I am still waiting for my husband's and it's in MVO. Since our application got there we never heard anything. I am just wondering if we are the only ones like that... Thank you!
Yeah we are definitely still waiting - Accra visa office is still processing apps from 2016

Aries69

Oct 24, 2015
Guys, help out here

For form 5406 CIC guide says

Write the personal details for:

• Yourself (the person being sponsored),
    • If you are married and you were physically present at the marriage, write “married – physically present” in the marital status box
    • If you are married and you were not physically present at the marriage, write “married – not physically present” in the marital status box. Note that we do not recognize marriages by proxy.
  • your spouse or common-law partner, (if this applies to you)
    • If you are married and your spouse was physically present at the marriage, write “married – physically present” in the marital status box
    • If you are married and yourspouse wasn’t physically present at the marriage, write “married – not physically present” in the marital status box. Note that we do not recognize marriages by proxy.
Now the situatiom is we both are married and physically preaent. But in PDF row there is not enough space to write these words.
????? WHAT SHOULD I have to write?

Kwamtin

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Use
Guys, help out here

For form 5406 CIC guide says

Write the personal details for:

• Yourself (the person being sponsored),
    • If you are married and you were physically present at the marriage, write “married – physically present” in the marital status box
    • If you are married and you were not physically present at the marriage, write “married – not physically present” in the marital status box. Note that we do not recognize marriages by proxy.
  • your spouse or common-law partner, (if this applies to you)
    • If you are married and your spouse was physically present at the marriage, write “married – physically present” in the marital status box
    • If you are married and yourspouse wasn’t physically present at the marriage, write “married – not physically present” in the marital status box. Note that we do not recognize marriages by proxy.
Now the situatiom is we both are married and physically preaent. But in PDF row there is not enough space to write these words.
????? WHAT SHOULD I have to write?
use only initials. In your situation, you should just write (PP), which means physically present. That's how I did mine though