+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

irfan777

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone. I got my Oath Ceremony invite today. Vancouver took a while to do background check as i was traveling a lot to different countries, but finally it is done. Thank you all for the help, and good luck. Here is my timeline:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 13, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 22, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on February 23, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on March 16, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 6, 2017 at 8:01 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us
Decision made on October 3.

5.We sent you a notice on October 5, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 31, 2017 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.​

irfan777

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Great news I galaxy. Happy for you.
It has been almost 5 months after test for me, still waiting for oath

Reactions: iGalaxy

irfan777

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I passed my test in April and after the test officer told me that I will receive an oath invitation letter in two/three months, but now it's almost six months and I am still waiting
Same her my friend.
Test in May
DM on July 22
No oath date??

MAXIMUS28

May 30, 2017
Hello Friends,

Became Canadian yesterday - 11 Oct 2017. Thanks for all the support in the forum by all members.

Way to go folks. Best of luck of all of those members who are waiting for the big day.

cheers

vitya

Sep 4, 2017
Hello Friends,

Became Canadian yesterday - 11 Oct 2017. Thanks for all the support in the forum by all members.

Way to go folks. Best of luck of all of those members who are waiting for the big day.

cheers
Congratulations, when will you apply for passport?
it says online 48 hours

Faras Cade

Jul 14, 2013
Hi folks, just wanted to let you know, after 8 years of being a resident of Canada (permanent for the last 5), I finally became a Canadian citizen this morning October 12th. Congratulations to those of you who've already had their oath of citizenship, and best of wishes to those of you who are still in the process of becoming Canadians.

Reactions: zedodo

canadavisa22

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am feb applicant and still waiting for test invite .. anyone else from Mississauga office waiting for test invite? :(
It seems rather random. We had an April Mississauga applicant (IP in April) receive an invite with none of the March and most of the Febs still waiting. Who knows at this point...

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
It seems rather random. We had an April Mississauga applicant (IP in April) receive an invite with none of the March and most of the Febs still waiting. Who knows at this point...
Yes I agree. A friend of mine applied three months after me in Vancouver, same office as mine and her oath is just one month after mine, even though she had at least the same amount of travels than I did.

oskar2014

Aug 26, 2017
I am in the same boat... IP on Feb 20 still waiting for test invite. Scarborough office tho
Hi, my husband application was IP february 20 and he got mail for test from Misssiauga office and he will get on October 16 at 7.45 am.

Mood

Sep 10, 2017
Hello any February applicant from Edmonton office still waiting for oath. Kindly share your dates. Thanks.

Mood

Sep 10, 2017
I am from Edmonton office feb applicant. Still waiting for oath they say there is a huge backlog.
It might take another 3 to 4 months.
Anyone with similar case.