+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017

MAXIMUS28

May 30, 2017
You need to cal the CIC and let them know about this issue. How many days do you received your ATIP?
I did call CIC and informed them about the issue. Additionally also mentioned CIC that I submitted my SIN document through WEB Form. The agent informed me to wait for 3-4 weeks for any updates to happen.

Also, based on the review of my ATIP, no updates as happened my file after 26th May. Just fingers crossed and waiting for test invite.

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
Yes, but I do not understand this link or how it refers to your case They are saying they automatically send you another test date if you did not attend the first one? Did you miss the second test or the first one? Apologies for being ignorant...
no no not at all my friend ,, I withdraw the application voluntarily ,, no show my generate longer delay ,, it can go for years ,, so instead of waiting ,, I did this ,,, than you bro for caring ,, kind of you

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
no no not at all my friend ,, I withdraw the application voluntarily ,, no show my generate longer delay ,, it can go for years ,, so instead of waiting ,, I did this ,,, than you bro for caring ,, kind of you
Best of luck with it! Hope it moves faster for you now.

samirmdn

Oct 9, 2016
Hello everyone,

Been a while since I last visited the forum.

Just wanted to update my wife's citizenship application timeline.

Applicant details:
ID: kmlsnk
Type: Single

Application Sent: February 14
Application Delivered: February 16
AOR: February 27
In process: March 09

(Spreadsheet updated up to "In Process". Seems that it is locked, so providing the new information below.)

Test invitation: April 05
Test date: June 21
Decision made: June 23
Oath letter date: July 19
Oath ceremony: August 15

Congratulations to everyone who have reached the end of the road, and best of luck to everyone else who are still on the path to citizenship!

Reactions: parisien and layla_

Ghost13

Apr 30, 2017
Toronto
Hello everyone,

Been a while since I last visited the forum.

Just wanted to update my wife's citizenship application timeline.

Applicant details:
ID: kmlsnk
Type: Single

Application Sent: February 14
Application Delivered: February 16
AOR: February 27
In process: March 09

(Spreadsheet updated up to "In Process". Seems that it is locked, so providing the new information below.)

Test invitation: April 05
Test date: June 21
Decision made: June 23
Oath letter date: July 19
Oath ceremony: August 15

Congratulations to everyone who have reached the end of the road, and best of luck to everyone else who are still on the path to citizenship!
Spreadsheet updated and congrats.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Hi all, congrats to those who got their citizenship and best of luck to those still waiting!

I need clarification on one issue: how do you report travel history when there is no re-entry nor exit stamp in Canada? CIC advises not to request travel history from Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)... because they have access to the same database. So, I'm not sure how to reconcile my travels on the form with what CBSA has on me. Can anyone please share their experience? I'm trying to avoid a RQ.

Last edited:

puska

Jul 22, 2012
Attended oath ceremony at Hamilton office today, 55 new canadians swore in and became Canadian citizens.

Hope everyone will reach end of the road soon

Reactions: layla_

walktheline

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
Hi all, congrats to those who got their citizenship and best of luck to those still waiting!

I need clarification on one issue: how do you report travel history when there is no re-entry nor exit stamp in Canada? CIC advises not to request travel history from Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)... because they have access to the same database. So, I'm not sure how to reconcile my travels on the form with what CBSA has on me. Can anyone please share their experience? I'm trying to avoid a RQ.
You'd better to get your own CBSA report. Ignore the advice on the form as it's meant to reduce the CBSA workload. CIC do not have access to the CBSA database and they also need to request the report through their internal process although it may be faster than 30 days. Many officers do not have the reports before the test, but if they do, it's also not a good sign as they might have concern over the absences you claimed.

In my case, I have very complex travel history, I prepared CBSA report, US CBP report, all flight tickets (almost one inch thick). The officer didn't have my CBSA report before the test, he started to check passport stamps and realized it's mission impossible, then he roughly checked the CBSA report (also very long), he only had 5 minutes so he could not go through all my travels but seems to be satisfying. He said I was the most prepared applicant he had ever seen.

Last edited:

iGalaxy

Aug 9, 2017
Hi Guys, My application is "In Process" after i passed the test in April 6 and the officer told me i will receive an invitation for Oath ceremony in 3-6 month, but my status hasn't changed since, and after 4 months it is still in Process. Has anyone experienced this before? I am from Vancouver.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 13, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 22, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on February 23, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on March 16, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 6, 2017 at 8:01 AM.

kurt

Jan 30, 2012
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2011
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
30-09-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
09-12-2011
Med's Request
Aug 7 2012 re-medical
Med's Done....
09-07-2011, Aug 31 2012 re-med
Interview........
waived...
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
13 Nov 2012
Hi Guys, My application is "In Process" after i passed the test in April 6 and the officer told me i will receive an invitation for Oath ceremony in 3-6 month, but my status hasn't changed since, and after 4 months it is still in Process. Has anyone experienced this before? I am from Vancouver.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 13, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 22, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on March 16, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 6, 2017 at 8:01 AM.
most applicants are experiencing it..

layla_

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
I'm guessing that because your IP to your Test Invite was so quick (3 weeks!!!!)... that you actually sat your test BEFORE they had your application processed with all the security clearances done.

I submitted early February and it took over 5 months before I got my test invite (with no additional information requests etc)... from test to DM was just over a week and when I met with the agent he said my application had already been processed and they were just waiting for one security clearance.

So it seems some sit the test before security clearances have been finished. And some of us sit it after... or somewhere in between.

Reactions: iGalaxy