+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

AtifMah

Jun 7, 2017
Mississauga
Visa Office......
Mississauga
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 27, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 3, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on February 9, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 25, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 11, 2017 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Reactions: paulvoyer

zedodo

Star Member
Apr 24, 2017
Sent: Feb 20
Received: Feb 22nd
AOR: March 1st
IP: March 22nd
Test invite: June 8th
Test date: July 11th

:) so happy!!

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 27, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 3, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 25, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 11, 2017 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
congratulations

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
my friend I never understand CIC how they work ,,, your file looks good ,, they did not ask you FP or RQ ,, however it took them almost a complete 4 months to send you the test request ,,, I give up

ssherwani

Oct 12, 2012
I don't understand either. My application is in Progress since February which is already 4 months. I never received anything. I called CIC and they said it is going well and is in process ............really!!! what a joke.

MAXIMUS28

May 30, 2017
My situation is same like your too. CIC informed my application is in process which is from Feb and currently with Scarborough. Just waiting and waiting to have the request for test sent soon.

ssherwani

Oct 12, 2012
My situation is same like your too. CIC informed my application is in process which is from Feb and currently with Scarborough. Just waiting and waiting to have the request for test sent soon.
Well I am not sure if the call center folks know much about it. However, I did agree with one of their statements which is processing time and speed also depends on the officer working on your file. For example, an officer may initiate your background check and send you a test invite at the same time while the security clearance is in process which will essentially save time and speed up your application. While you will do your test, chances are your clearances will be completed or atleast will already be in process. On the other hand an officer will wait for all the clearances before sending out the test invite which obiviously will mean extra time. It is a case of old Computer CPU which could only do one thing at a time versus modern computer CPU which could do multiple things at the same time :) Your file will end up with modem CPU If you are lucky or end up with an old CPU and play the waiting game like some of us are already playing.

Minnesota

Jan 29, 2011
Guys!
Good News finally from Calgary office!
I applied as a family of 4. wife, me and kids
I got the updates as of today below:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 27, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on March 1, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on June 8, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 25, 2017 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

MAXIMUS28

May 30, 2017
Well I am not sure if the call center folks know much about it. However, I did agree with one of their statements which is processing time and speed also depends on the officer working on your file. For example, an officer may initiate your background check and send you a test invite at the same time while the security clearance is in process which will essentially save time and speed up your application. While you will do your test, chances are your clearances will be completed or atleast will already be in process. On the other hand an officer will wait for all the clearances before sending out the test invite which obiviously will mean extra time. It is a case of old Computer CPU which could only do one thing at a time versus modern computer CPU which could do multiple things at the same time :) Your file will end up with modem CPU If you are lucky or end up with an old CPU and play the waiting game like some of us are already playing.
I agree with you my friend. In case, my FP are done and CIC has also acknowledged the same. What surprises if for some applicants in the same region things move fast, others remain stagnant. May be case office who is working on application is either too slow or have a huge backlog....it is matter of time and luck.

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Hi guys, I'm actually now working on my mom's application for citizenship and I have some questions for her application if someone could help me..

1. In the past 6 years, she's stayed in Canada for 4 complete and 1 partial year. She had forgotten to file taxes for that partial year since she was new and alone. Although she has filed taxes for 4 of the 6 years, I'm wondering if I should get her to file that 1 partial year's taxes too before the application- or can it wait till later??

2. She went on a vacation to India and Dubai for 2 months last year where she didn't really have fixed addresses. Where and how should I report this in the application? Since it doesn't fall under work or education right..its between a work period actually..

Will appreciate any feedback. Thanks! :)
Good luck to everyone!

FAND4

Jan 27, 2017
Hi guys, it is sad that we cannot add new updates to the spreadsheet..!!
Thank you for the admin and the people are are trying to help:)

Latest update for me: Oath letter sent June 7, Oath ceremony July 18

I am from Oakville and here is my timeline:

app sent: Jan 30
app received: Feb 1
AOR: Feb 4
In process: Feb 15
Test invitation: March 20
Test date: May 8
Decision made: May 9
Oath letter date: June 7
Oath ceremony: July 18

Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: AtifMah and Ghost13

Ghost13

Apr 30, 2017
Toronto
Hi guys, it is sad that we cannot add new updates to the spreadsheet..!!
Thank you for the admin and the people are are trying to help:)

Latest update for me: Oath letter sent June 7, Oath ceremony July 18

I am from Oakville and here is my timeline:

app sent: Jan 30
app received: Feb 1
AOR: Feb 4
In process: Feb 15
Test invitation: March 20
Test date: May 8
Decision made: May 9
Oath letter date: June 7
Oath ceremony: July 18

Good luck to everyone!
Sorry about the document, but someone keeps deleting the info from it. I've updated the sheet with your info.

Congratulations.

Reactions: FAND4

alexchristi

Sep 8, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th july 2011
AOR Received.
PER 8th sept.2011
IELTS Request
on file
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05. Oct. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24. 10. 2012
LANDED..........
08.dec.2012
:):cool::) And finally yesterday we got the 5th line on ECAS - invitation to take the oath :

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 1, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 11, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on February 27, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 21, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 12, 2017 at 11:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on June 7, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 5, 2017 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

alexchristi

Sep 8, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th july 2011
AOR Received.
PER 8th sept.2011
IELTS Request
on file
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05. Oct. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24. 10. 2012
LANDED..........
08.dec.2012
Unfortunately I am not able to update the google doc spreadsheet.